Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #2986
#1eeyoregirl
Loving Life, Family and everything Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flews View Post
Kimonos IS mostly adults. However I have been taking my 5-year-olds since they were 2, no problem. We often bring sushi up to our room instead of eating in the restaurant. Either way, Kimonos is most accommodating.

Cheers,
I didn't even think about bringing it back to the room - I will have one happy little girl this trip

Old 10-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #2987
#1eeyoregirl
Loving Life, Family and everything Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
I read every page also! I was too afraid of asking something discussed to not too!

We will be doing the walk of shame as you are checking in. It's our first stay at Dolphin and can not wait for it to get here.

What rate did you get? I'm hoping we can get our rates to come down a little more before it's all said and done. If we could have gone 2 weeks earlier the price is $26/nt cheaper. We have 4 rooms total booked. 1 room w/AAA rate of $215 and 3 w/teacher rate of $209.

Michelle
Afraid I can't help you out with the rates. My mom has a nurses conference there that week and of course she cannot be that close without going to WDW and of course it is not as much fun without her grandkids there, so she invited us and is paying for our room. All I know is that she said she got a realy good rate but I don't know if it is tied to the conference or if she got one of the nurses/teacher rates.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #2988
zoey9989
Mouseketeer

Now I question my rate! I paid 276 for an epcot illuminatin view balcony for dec 20 on orbitz. is this a lot? a regular room was 189.00.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #2989
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1eeyoregirl View Post

I didn't even think about bringing it back to the room - I will have one happy little girl this trip
Keep your eye on Restaurant.com, too!! We got a couple $25 gift certificates for our last trip and only paid $4 each for them!!!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 10-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #2990
Elizaspride
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
How was your park experience without access to FP+? Curious because I have a room booked at the swan and at the YC. Trying to decide what to do for the first week of December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkblum View Post
Have you received feed back yet? I am in a tizzy about no magic bands, etc. We are going for NYE and with the crowd calendar at 10, I am thinking that this may be an interesting trip. I have read about guests going into the park early am only to get a fast pass for 6 pm at night!
I am also going the 1st week of December...so definitely curious how this will all play out with my fellow S&D guests...

Like sands through the hourglass, so does the FP+ drama unfold...
Sigh....
Old 10-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #2991
tspnmb
Mouseketeer

I sent an email asking about Magic Bands and Fastpass for our stay the first week of december and this was the response.
========
Hi,

The Swan and Dolphin is considered a Disney Deluxe resort, but were actually managed by Starwood so its different than staying at Disney owned properties. However, you do still have access to the extra magic hours. While we dont yet have the wristbands, you can just show your room key to get in early or stay late (just make sure you get a key for everyone in your group!). Fastpasses are available inside the parks, but we dont do any in advance. There are windows by the entrance to the rides that offer them where you can grab a pass and it tells you what time to come back and skip the line. It is totally free and open to all Disney guests.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!

Katie Rader | Reservation Sales Associate
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1500 Epcot Resorts Boulevard | Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
P (407) 934-4000 | F (407) 934-4710
Old 10-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #2992
yarlenna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspnmb View Post
I sent an email asking about Magic Bands and Fastpass for our stay the first week of december and this was the response.
========
Hi,

The Swan and Dolphin is considered a Disney Deluxe resort, but were actually managed by Starwood so its different than staying at Disney owned properties. However, you do still have access to the extra magic hours. While we dont yet have the wristbands, you can just show your room key to get in early or stay late (just make sure you get a key for everyone in your group!). Fastpasses are available inside the parks, but we dont do any in advance. There are windows by the entrance to the rides that offer them where you can grab a pass and it tells you what time to come back and skip the line. It is totally free and open to all Disney guests.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!

Katie Rader | Reservation Sales Associate
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1500 Epcot Resorts Boulevard | Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
P (407) 934-4000 | F (407) 934-4710
great news
Old 10-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #2993
ckelly14
Lurker

Interesting that the Swan and Dolphin consider themselves deluxe resorts. I'm not so sure without FP+...
Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #2994
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Yes, but once FP+ is fully rolled out and the old
machines are gone this will no longer be the case. The only perks the S&D will still be a part of are EMH and shipping to the resort. So sad because we love being able to stay deluxe for the price of a moderate (teacher rates!)
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 10-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #2995
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Until if and when there is a definite statement that S/D won't get FP+, I'll presume that they will get FP+. when the Disney owned resort testing is complete. As for being deluxe resorts, both definitely are.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 10-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #2996
Flews
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1eeyoregirl View Post
Kimonos is totally set up for takeout. We've done it a dozen times. You can order at the bar, or grab a take-out menu and phon in the order. They don't deliver though; you need to pick it up.

That's what we'll be doing on Boxing Day!

Cheers,
Old 10-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #2997
Flews
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Keep your eye on Restaurant.com, too!! We got a couple $25 gift certificates for our last trip and only paid $4 each for them!!!!
I used one of these at Kimonos. Read the fine print before buying more than one certificate though. I seem to recall you can only use one certificate at any given restaurant per year, or something like that.

Also, look into signing up for the S/D dining loyalty program. I think it's on their website, or ask at one of their finer restaurants. You get points towards free/discounted future meals.

Cheers,
Old 10-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #2998
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Until if and when there is a definite statement that S/D won't get FP+, I'll presume that they will get FP+. when the Disney owned resort testing is complete .
Hopefully before my Feb trip...
Old 10-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #2999
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flews View Post
Kimonos is totally set up for takeout. We've done it a dozen times. You can order at the bar, or grab a take-out menu and phon in the order. They don't deliver though; you need to pick it up.

That's what we'll be doing on Boxing Day!

Cheers,
Oh this is GREAT NEWS!

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 10-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #3000
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Ok, this may be old news, but when I called the other day to make T'giving 2014 ressies, I was told the resort fee will be $20 in 2014!!! Yikes. Add $15 to park and it's really adding up. Prob still cheaper than any moderate at the same time, tho, so guess we can't complain too much.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: