Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #2971
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerkeys View Post
We just returned from the Dolphin - Upon checking in, I was pleasant & nice and asked if there was any way for an upgrade to an alcove room. " No problem! " was the response I got & we spent the week in a wonderful alcove room! The place was at capacity too. Maybe we caught the front desk check in person on a good day....Maybe she was appreciative of a nice person, who knows...But the worst thing someone can say to you is " No, I'm sorry..." So it never hurts to ask! every time we have stayed at the dolphin they ALWAYS give us an upgrade, just for asking. This time I thought I'd be more specify & it worked! LOVE the Swan & Dolphin!!!
How was your park experience without access to FP+? Curious because I have a room booked at the swan and at the YC. Trying to decide what to do for the first week of December.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 10-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #2972
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
How was your park experience without access to FP+? Curious because I have a room booked at the swan and at the YC. Trying to decide what to do for the first week of December.
I hear ya. Have dual booking for Feb and I'm keeping a close eye on things...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #2973
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post

I hear ya. Have dual booking for Feb and I'm keeping a close eye on things...
I'm in the dual club for Jan...currently BC and Dolphin at just about equal cost. Going with BC for now, buying tickets separately from the RO discount and then linking them to MDE for now because its almost MB customize and FP+ time. If the Dolphin comes up with a better rate in the next 2 months AND FP legacy is still available, I will be going that route instead and forfeiting the FP+. Gotta keep checking everything!!

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Old 10-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #2974
#1eeyoregirl
Loving Life, Family and everything Disney

ok - I finally got thru all 199 pages and still have a couple of questions

We are staying at the Dolphin (for the first time) June 14-21 and it will just be me and my DD10 (will be 11 when we go) and DS6 (will be one month shy of 7). Since we are going in June (and yes we have been to WDW in June before) I am planning on hitting the parks when they open, taking afternoon breaks and the hitting the parks again in the evening. By doing this, we will of course want to utilize the EMH. I have read that several people recommend getting room keys for their children. Do I need to do this or will my children be fine based on their ages and it will only be two or one adults accompanying them?

My second question is about Kimonos. My DD10 LOVES sushi!!! Do you see many kids in there or is it more adult oriented. My kids are well behaved a restaurants, but i still don't want to take them somewhere that there are not usually other kids.

TIA!!

Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #2975
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1eeyoregirl View Post

We are staying at the Dolphin (for the first time) June 14-21 and it will just be me and my DD10 (will be 11 when we go) and DS6 (will be one month shy of 7). Since we are going in June (and yes we have been to WDW in June before) I am planning on hitting the parks when they open, taking afternoon breaks and the hitting the parks again in the evening. By doing this, we will of course want to utilize the EMH. I have read that several people recommend getting room keys for their children. Do I need to do this or will my children be fine based on their ages and it will only be two or one adults accompanying them
Definitely get room keys for them. They will probably have to show them at EMH. Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question about Kimonos.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #2976
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:

We are staying at the Dolphin (for the first time) June 14-21 and it will just be me and my DD10 (will be 11 when we go) and DS6 (will be one month shy of 7). Since we are going in June (and yes we have been to WDW in June before) I am planning on hitting the parks when they open, taking afternoon breaks and the hitting the parks again in the evening. By doing this, we will of course want to utilize the EMH. I have read that several people recommend getting room keys for their children. Do I need to do this or will my children be fine based on their ages and it will only be two or one adults accompanying them?

My second question is about Kimonos. My DD10 LOVES sushi!!! Do you see many kids in there or is it more adult oriented. My kids are well behaved a restaurants, but i still don't want to take them somewhere that there are not usually other kids.

TIA!!
As with most Disney area restaurants, kids are certainly welcome in Kimono's. We went when our kids were 5 and 6 without an issue.

I always was able to use my Dolphin room key for EMH; never had anything for the kids in the past...
Old 10-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #2977
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
I always was able to use my Dolphin room key for EMH; never had anything for the kids in the past...
I would still advise getting room keys for the kids. Suppose you get a CM that insists upon seeing them, and you don't have them. It isn't difficult to have them made and keep them on you.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #2978
Flews
Earning My Ears

Quote:

TIA!!
Kimonos IS mostly adults. However I have been taking my 5-year-olds since they were 2, no problem. We often bring sushi up to our room instead of eating in the restaurant. Either way, Kimonos is most accommodating.

Cheers,
Old 10-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #2979
Shula
DVC Wannabe

Quote:

TIA!!
I read every page also! I was too afraid of asking something discussed to not too!

We will be doing the walk of shame as you are checking in. It's our first stay at Dolphin and can not wait for it to get here.

What rate did you get? I'm hoping we can get our rates to come down a little more before it's all said and done. If we could have gone 2 weeks earlier the price is $26/nt cheaper. We have 4 rooms total booked. 1 room w/AAA rate of $215 and 3 w/teacher rate of $209.

Michelle
Old 10-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #2980
binkblum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Have you received feed back yet? I am in a tizzy about no magic bands, etc. We are going for NYE and with the crowd calendar at 10, I am thinking that this may be an interesting trip. I have read about guests going into the park early am only to get a fast pass for 6 pm at night!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #2981
binkblum
Mouseketeer

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
Rooms have fridges in them. You can't get a microwave.
Oh this is great - no microwaves in Swan and/or Dolphin, please tell me that this is not the case!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #2982
Dan Murphy
We are family.

That IS the case.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 10-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #2983
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had an experience with using DCL buses from Swan or Dolphin to the cruise port? The lots of info about disney resorts to port but it's so new there is very little info about any differences when coming from Swan/Dolphin.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #2984
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkblum View Post
Have you received feed back yet? I am in a tizzy about no magic bands, etc. We are going for NYE and with the crowd calendar at 10, I am thinking that this may be an interesting trip. I have read about guests going into the park early am only to get a fast pass for 6 pm at night!
This is going to hurt S and D business if they don't have the FP plus perk!!
I would change resorts but my trip is 2 weeks away!

* November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son My daughter
Old 10-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #2985
afcgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
I'm in the dual club for Jan...currently BC and Dolphin at just about equal cost. Going with BC for now, buying tickets separately from the RO discount and then linking them to MDE for now because its almost MB customize and FP+ time. If the Dolphin comes up with a better rate in the next 2 months AND FP legacy is still available, I will be going that route instead and forfeiting the FP+. Gotta keep checking everything!!
I was so torn but I ended up switching my ressies for spring break (end of March) from Dolphin to Yacht Club. The 35% discount plus ability to use the dining plan made it financially comparable, and the FP+ issue tipped the scale in YC's favor. I also like trying new resorts.

However, I am sad when I see pics of the Dolphin because we had the BEST time at the Swan last spring break. It is just such a FUN resort. I am hoping the YC has the same fun vibe. We will probably be back at Dolphin over the summer when my husband builds up more Starwood points, so I am trying not to be too sad about it.

July 2004: Wilderness lodge/Disney Wonder
July 2005: POR
March 2006: Pop Century
August 2006: Wilderness Lodge
July 2007: Polynesian Resort
July 2008: Coronado Springs
July 2-11, 2009: Coronado Springs
March 2011: Coronado Springs
March 2012: Coronado Springs
March 2013: The Swan
Upcoming: March 2014: The Yacht Club!!!
Closed Thread