Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #2836
Oktoberfest
Earning My Ears

2 Questions, if I may...

These may be basic, but I read the thread but still can't comprehend 100%...

1. Can we get Magic Band if we stay at Swan and Dolphin resort?

2. Once we book the resort, what do I need to get the MB and FB+?

I still haven't booked anything yet but we will be visiting in mid-October.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #2837
ckelly14
Lurker

My trip isn't until Feb. The comment was in response to the rather rapid rollout of resorts with MB's in sept. I'm sure we'll find out about the s&d soon.

There was a poster on a few other MB threads saying she "knew" that the Hilton and the S&D would have MB and FP+ by the end of the year. Hope she's right!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #2838
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
2 Questions, if I may...

Thanks!

I just called the Swan yesterday and asked a few questions about this...

1. No. As of right now, S/D are NOT MB nor FP+ eligible and the lady I spoke to did not have any info as to when/if they will be.

2. See answer to #1 above

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 09-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #2839
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
2 Questions, if I may...

Thanks!
Everything is going to eventually be MB and everyone will eventually be using FP+. The question is will this happen for you in time for your Oct trip? Probably not as MB are still only in their testing stage and Swan and Dolphin have not been included in testing so far (that I'm aware of).
Old 09-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #2840
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
My trip isn't until Feb. The comment was in response to the rather rapid rollout of resorts with MB's in sept. I'm sure we'll find out about the s&d soon.

There was a poster on a few other MB threads saying she "knew" that the Hilton and the S&D would have MB and FP+ by the end of the year. Hope she's right!!!
I recently made a reservation at AoA for March and when I called to get help linking it to MDE they asked me if I was staying at a resort that had been invited to MB testing I told her my stay wasn't until March. The agent then said most of the resorts should be using MB by then. So of course there are no guarantees but I get the impression Disney is aiming to have MB rolled out to all the resorts by early next year.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #2841
ckelly14
Lurker

I think it is already a fact that all on-site hotels, excluding shades of green and S&D, are using MB and FP. AoA is already on board. I don't think the CM means S&D, but I hope so!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #2842
ArthurFiggis
Mouseketeer

Red face Kimono's karaoke question

Hey there Swan and Dolphin aficionados!

On my upcoming trip, I'm going to be spending an evening at the Boardwalk for dinner and funtimes. I read that Kimono's at the Swan has not only karaoke, but sushi. This trip is going to be solo, and I was thinking about heading over there. For folks that have been there, would it be weird/awkward to be a party of one?
Old 09-29-2013, 02:00 AM   #2843
immortalxkiss
BOG Needed: November 2!

Question if I may and excuse if this has been asked before

I am going to the Mediterranean Market for breakfast and am not staying at the hotel. Do we have to pay full for the parking?
Old 09-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #2844
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Hi,

Do you get early entry to the parks if you stay at the Swan or Dolphin as you do for other WDW resort hotels?
Old 09-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #2845
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurFiggis View Post

On my upcoming trip, I'm going to be spending an evening at the Boardwalk for dinner and funtimes. I read that Kimono's at the Swan has not only karaoke, but sushi. This trip is going to be solo, and I was thinking about heading over there. For folks that have been there, would it be weird/awkward to be a party of one?
I wouldn't think so. I am most often solo on my Swan stays, eat solo a number of times at various restaurants each trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalxkiss View Post
Question if I may and excuse if this has been asked before

I am going to the Mediterranean Market for breakfast and am not staying at the hotel. Do we have to pay full for the parking?
You should be able to ask for a parking credit slip at the restaurant. Best to ask before your meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySharp2 View Post
Hi,

Do you get early entry to the parks if you stay at the Swan or Dolphin as you do for other WDW resort hotels?
Yes.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #2846
Priskillet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurFiggis View Post

We go to Kimono's every trip...last year twice. There are always singles in there from conventions etc...starts off slow most nights but by the time 10pm rolls around everyone is singing and all friends!! I have gone alone before and the atmoshere is small and quaint...everyone soooo friendly! YOu will have so much fun. When are you going? Ill be there 10/14!!!

October 2012 Dolphin Hotel
May 2012. Dolphin Hotel
July 2011 Beach Club CL
June 2010 Beach Club
March 2009 Coronado Springs
May 2007 Swan Hotel
Several trips before offsite!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #2847
ReganlovesWDW
Earning My Ears

So the Disney owned resorts will fence and lock their pools at night but what about the Swan and Dolphin? Anyone know if they will also fall victim?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #2848
jcg448
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know about the wing rooms at the Dolphin, I think that's what they are, specifically the ones on the end that are greenish in color, they appear to have more private balconies, what kind of rooms are these are they suites? and info would be appreciated.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #2849
Kimberly1969
Earning My Ears

Hello, Sorry if I am bothering anyone or if someone already asked this before, I have a friend who is staying at the Swan&Dolphin, she wanted to know if anyone knew if the rooms had a coffee pot and if so what kind. Thanks for any help, Hope everyone has a great trip.

Off site 1995
Double Tree 1998
Caribbean Beach Resort 2008
POP Century Oct. 2013
...Kimberly..
Old 10-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #2850
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReganlovesWDW View Post
So the Disney owned resorts will fence and lock their pools at night but what about the Swan and Dolphin? Anyone know if they will also fall victim?
If they fence the grotto it will have to be a huge fence. Not pretty either. Does anyone know why Disney decided this? Maybe and insurance thing. My guess is if someone gets injured in a Starwood pool Disney is not responsible. So it will probably be a Starwood decision. If I had to guess what Starwood would do I would guess they probably won't fence the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly1969 View Post
Hello, Sorry if I am bothering anyone or if someone already asked this before, I have a friend who is staying at the Swan&Dolphin, she wanted to know if anyone knew if the rooms had a coffee pot and if so what kind. Thanks for any help, Hope everyone has a great trip.
They have these little coffee pots that make a single cup of coffee at a time. They give you coffee and sugar and sweetener. DH likes liquid creamer so he would grab a few from Picabu when we got dinner. You could also bring your own. I think they just have powdered.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: