Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #2806
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by collette0725 View Post
So I know we don't get the traditional Mickey Mail package being that there's no meal plan, DME etc. but do we get something in the mail re:maps, schedules?
I've never received anything in the mail. I do always get a "Greetings from the WDW Swan and Dolphin Resort" email, which also contains a "contact us" link: "Please allow us to begin serving you now by helping you prepare for your most memorable vacation. And if your stay is part of any special occasion, please feel free to contact us."

Old 09-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #2807
collette0725
Earning My Ears

Thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #2808
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Is there anyone on this thread who is sort of "in the know" with the Swolphin? I'm wondering about Magic Bands and FP+ for guests of the Swan. While I really don't like the idea of having to schedule yet another part of my trip, I'm worried about missing out on it too if it means I can get a few more things accomplished. I''m really waffling on my decision to stay at the Swan the first week of December and wonder if I should switch to onsite. I think I may call the hotel later today.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 09-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #2809
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Is there anyone on this thread who is sort of "in the know" with the Swolphin? I'm wondering about Magic Bands and FP+ for guests of the Swan. While I really don't like the idea of having to schedule yet another part of my trip, I'm worried about missing out on it too if it means I can get a few more things accomplished. I''m really waffling on my decision to stay at the Swan the first week of December and wonder if I should switch to onsite. I think I may call the hotel later today.
Please do report back. I'm in the same situation for January, have posted a similar question on various threads, and no one seems to know at this point. Frustrating!

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Old 09-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #2810
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
Please do report back. I'm in the same situation for January, have posted a similar question on various threads, and no one seems to know at this point. Frustrating!
I'm not "in the know" by any means, but for my November trip - I am set up with Magic Bands and FP+ for the BWV portion of my trip; the Swan dates, I'm gray'ed out as "ineligible for FP+"

I'm going to make a guess that this is because MB's are still in the testing phase. The big question appears to be "When will the *test* be complete?" (I bet only a select few at WDW know the answer at this point ) Hopefully, that information will be released soon.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #2811
cruella4me64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I'm not "in the know" by any means, but for my November trip - I am set up with Magic Bands and FP+ for the BWV portion of my trip; the Swan dates, I'm gray'ed out as "ineligible for FP+"

I'm going to make a guess that this is because MB's are still in the testing phase. The big question appears to be "When will the *test* be complete?" (I bet only a select few at WDW know the answer at this point ) Hopefully, that information will be released soon.
I have been unable to link my pre-BWI Swan confirmation number in My Experience. The Swan shows up in the drop-down menu choices of resorts, but I cannot go further. It looks like it should take the Swan or Dolphin, but doesn't.

Will be waiting to hear what's told when calling! My BW reservation doesn't start until 12/7 but I would like to link my Swan stay in hopes of fp+. Nothing shows up in My Experience regarding MB or fp+ that's different looking from earlier this year. Hoping it's a glaring notification that I'm not missing or don't understand it's available.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #2812
cruella4me64
Mouseketeer

I called the regular 407 wdisney number with the linking question and was told to call 407-939-7765. After quite a bit of wait, a very pleasant CM told me that unfortunately, the Swan and Dolphin are NOT participating in the fp+/MB. I questioned that I can click on the Swan in the drop-down menu but eventually get stuck, she said yes and maybe some day the Swan and Dolphin will be participants, but they definitely are not now.

She also said that I would receive an email notifying me if I was able to access fp+/MB for the BW portion of my stay.

Not the answer I was hoping to hear, but she was most pleasant.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #2813
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

This fastpass plus sounds like a big PITA to me! It's one thing to reserve dining in advance, but rides? Yeesh! I'll be at the Swan in December, so it's a good thing I'm more interested in the holiday events and shows than the rides.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #2814
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
This fastpass plus sounds like a big PITA to me! It's one thing to reserve dining in advance, but rides? Yeesh! I'll be at the Swan in December, so it's a good thing I'm more interested in the holiday events and shows than the rides.
This is pretty much how I feel, but the type A control freak that lives inside my head won't leave me alone and let me just go with the flow as I've promised DH this trip would be. 😁

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 09-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #2815
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruella4me64 View Post
I called the regular 407 wdisney number with the linking question and was told to call 407-939-7765. After quite a bit of wait, a very pleasant CM told me that unfortunately, the Swan and Dolphin are NOT participating in the fp+/MB. I questioned that I can click on the Swan in the drop-down menu but eventually get stuck, she said yes and maybe some day the Swan and Dolphin will be participants, but they definitely are not now.

She also said that I would receive an email notifying me if I was able to access fp+/MB for the BW portion of my stay.

Not the answer I was hoping to hear, but she was most pleasant.
I hope the email statement is true, but I was never notified. Last night I finally started playing in MDE and clicking on different links and there it was! BWV was there, it gave me the option to "customize" our MB's; then FP+ for our BWV length-of-stay. Hopefully they will include Swan/Dolphin in the NEAR future!

Old 09-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #2816
ckelly14
Lurker

It's encouraging that the S&D are in the drop down lists. It certainly suggests there will be some communication between MDX and the S&D reservation system. I always assumed that S&D guest would access MDX through Park Tickets, not through the hotel reservation. Just wondering how day ticket holders will access the system? I assume you would need to purchase tickets for a specific day....
Old 09-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #2817
ammouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I hope the email statement is true, but I was never notified. Last night I finally started playing in MDE and clicking on different links and there it was! BWV was there, it gave me the option to "customize" our MB's; then FP+ for our BWV length-of-stay. Hopefully they will include Swan/Dolphin in the NEAR future!
We are staying at the dolphin next week. We will be doing mnsshp Thursday. We got our tickets from undercover and I linked them. Nothing about fast pass + came up. SO, I guess we are not eligible.
Does anyone know do we activate our tickets or deactivate them till we are ready to use them?
And, since we really don't have any benefits with mde can I remove them?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #2818
ammouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammouse View Post
We are staying at the dolphin next week. We will be doing mnsshp Thursday. We got our tickets from undercover and I linked them. Nothing about fast pass + came up. SO, I guess we are not eligible.
Does anyone know do we activate our tickets or deactivate them till we are ready to use them?
And, since we really don't have any benefits with mde can I remove them?
The tickets I have linked is our regular WDW tickets not the mnsshp tickets.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #2819
ammouse
Mouseketeer

Also, has anyone got a dolphin suite?
Old 09-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #2820
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammouse View Post
Also, has anyone got a dolphin suite?
We stayed in a two bedroom grand suite two years ago. Did you have any questions about it?
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: