Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #2776
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post

Thanks With it in the room we are pretty happy campers!
Yes, we were too! I was so excited about the Coffee Bar prior to going, but we never went there bc of having it in the room. We brought creamer and kept it in the fridge and made our Starbucks right in our room . Once they see you're using it, they will refill readily and often more than usual. My mom can drink coffee like its her job, so they would leave her extra packets each day. So nice!!

One note....from a lesson learned. I might just have been tired and I'm used to a Keurig with the pods, but I filled the entire water tank and then started brewing. There is no stop button. It will brew until the water runs out! Needless to say, I had an overflow. So.....fill the cup you're going to drink from with water, pour that water in the coffee pot tank, and then put it under the brew spout!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #2777
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn

Yes, we were too! I was so excited about the Coffee Bar prior to going, but we never went there bc of having it in the room. We brought creamer and kept it in the fridge and made our Starbucks right in our room . Once they see you're using it, they will refill readily and often more than usual. My mom can drink coffee like its her job, so they would leave her extra packets each day. So nice!!

One note....from a lesson learned. I might just have been tired and I'm used to a Keurig with the pods, but I filled the entire water tank and then started brewing. There is no stop button. It will brew until the water runs out! Needless to say, I had an overflow. So.....fill the cup you're going to drink from with water, pour that water in the coffee pot tank, and then put it under the brew spout!
Thank you so much for the heads up I probably would have done the same thing
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #2778
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Starbucks in the rooms. No Starbucks coffee shops in either resort. The two quick serve lobby locations serve Lavazza brand.
Nice to know Lavazza is awesome!

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #2779
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
We really like the extra space. The king bed is for DH and me and the pull out sofa for DS. The east wing gives us so many windows which I love. We watch the Friendship boats coming and going. Love watching the walkway to the Dolphin, too.
We enjoy having a table and chairs and a balcony.

I usually send an email to the resort with my humble request about 2 months before arrival. I ask again at check in.

Thanks. That's why we booked the room too. Buy why the East wing? Where are the others so I'm prepared

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #2780
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Question that I haven't seen and if it's been asked, then I missed it.

Staying at Swan the first week of December. Already have my UT tickets in hand, they are hard cards (not paper). I know we may not be able to participate in FP+ (which I'm OK with) and they won't work as a room key or for charging, BUT, should I exchange my cards for Magic Bands when we arrive just for the purposes of park entry? Can I even do that? I feel like I've been seeing on a lot of threads that the MB bands are getting in the parks faster than the "old" way?

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Old 09-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #2781
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I really tried to read and read some more to find out if the Swan/Dolphin still has refillable mugs for their resorts.
WE stayed there in 2002 ( I think) and we all had the mugs with the swan/dolphin photos on the sides...they were really nice to have..

Our granddaughter and her fiance are honeymooning at the Swan in May...

SO any answer to that question and also any hints for them to enjoy this to the max..

thanks

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #2782
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post

Thanks. That's why we booked the room too. Buy why the East wing? Where are the others so I'm prepared
Some are located in the main building. The east wing juts out so the views are wonderful if you get an end of floor room.

We had an alcove suite one time in the main building and our view was the roof of Garden Grove. We asked for a change to the east wing and it was done the next day.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #2783
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
I really tried to read and read some more to find out if the Swan/Dolphin still has refillable mugs for their resorts.
WE stayed there in 2002 ( I think) and we all had the mugs with the swan/dolphin photos on the sides...they were really nice to have..

Our granddaughter and her fiance are honeymooning at the Swan in May...

SO any answer to that question and also any hints for them to enjoy this to the max..

thanks
Hi Marie.

They do, but now they have two, one for hot, one for cold, so I guess double the price. I do have a mug from a promotion there, when it was one mug for anything. Mugs from previous trips are allowed. I don't use them, so not sure how they work.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #2784
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

Dan...it is so nice to touch base with you.

Thanks for the info...

They arent into soda's so probably will do well with the hot ones...

Thanks again

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #2785
Mom of a princess
Earning My Ears

I am so excited we are going to Disapalooza and got the amazing $119 a night rate.
We always stay at the All stars so this will be a real treat.

I have a question, where are the hot tubs located are any of them inside ?

TIA
Mom of a princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #2786
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of a princess View Post
I am so excited we are going to Disapalooza and got the amazing $119 a night rate.
We always stay at the All stars so this will be a real treat.

I have a question, where are the hot tubs located are any of them inside ?

TIA
I have been staying at the Swan/Dolphin since 2000, but have never used the pools or hot tubs. According to the info on their web site, there are 4 hot tubs (all outdoors), so my guess is 2 near each hotel: http://swandolphin.com/activities/pools.html
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #2787
SwanVT2
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Yay! Booked!

Just booked sIx nights in June 2014 at the swan. This will be DD 2 first trip. We've been trying to figure out when we could go with her (with grandparents/without etc) and finally bit the bullet and will go only us three. We have a crib and am curious to hear from anyone who has used their cribs. Also read somewhere they have baby proofing kits- is this true.? Used to go every winter 2007-2011 then dd was born so very excited to return. Any big changes the last couple if years we should be aware of? And yes, love that they have Starbucks in the room,!
SwanVT2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #2788
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Question that I haven't seen and if it's been asked, then I missed it.

Staying at Swan the first week of December. Already have my UT tickets in hand, they are hard cards (not paper). I know we may not be able to participate in FP+ (which I'm OK with) and they won't work as a room key or for charging, BUT, should I exchange my cards for Magic Bands when we arrive just for the purposes of park entry? Can I even do that? I feel like I've been seeing on a lot of threads that the MB bands are getting in the parks faster than the "old" way?
You won't get an actual MagicBand (the thing that goes around your wrist) as they're only for the Disney-owned resorts that are participating in testing right now. What you need for the easy entry into the park (tap the Mickey head instead of the old turnstiles), are RFID cards. When I brought my pre-purchased UT tickets with me in June, I exchanged them at the International Gateway for the hard, plastic RFID cards just to make park entry easier. If you already have the plastic cards from UT, my guess is that they're already RFID, so I don't think there is anything for you do -- you're all set. You might want to send an email to UT just to confirm that, but I'm almost positive that's the case.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #2789
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
You won't get an actual MagicBand (the thing that goes around your wrist) as they're only for the Disney-owned resorts that are participating in testing right now. What you need for the easy entry into the park (tap the Mickey head instead of the old turnstiles), are RFID cards. When I brought my pre-purchased UT tickets with me in June, I exchanged them at the International Gateway for the hard, plastic RFID cards just to make park entry easier. If you already have the plastic cards from UT, my guess is that they're already RFID, so I don't think there is anything for you do -- you're all set. You might want to send an email to UT just to confirm that, but I'm almost positive that's the case.
Thanks! I really don't want a band anyway. I'm not big on wrist wear

Old 09-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #2790
Roxy13
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they have ground level rooms at the Swan? We have ECV's and would prefer not to have to use elevators. TIA
Roxy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: