Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #2761
Laurieannc
Earning My Ears

Hi all. We will be staying at the Swan in October. We will be at AOA for two days before we arrive at the Swan. We are also AP holders. Since we are staying at AOA, we can get the magic bands with FP+, etc. However, when I tried to link my existing Swan reservation to My Disney Experience, it wouldn't allow it. I called Disney directly and they told me that you cannot link a Swan room only reservation with My Disney Experience. The agent I spoke with at first told me you couldn't link ANY Swan reservation to MDE, but I advised them that it was an option on the website, which he looked into and then told me that only packages could be linked. I figured I would ask here if that sounds correct or do I have to call back Disney and get a more knowledgable agent who can help me.

Also, FWIW, at our most recent stay at the Dolphin in July 2013, the Dolphin informed us that they were no longer offering the free internet waiver of resort fee for SPG Gold members. They advised that they opted out of it. We are SPG gold and stay at both the Swan and Dolphin a few times a year. They did waive the resort fee for us that trip after I requested they do so, but they said they would not be able to do it in the future. I saw on some previous posts that others were able to get the resort fee waived still. Was this before or after July 2013? Also, was it at the Swan or Dolphin?

Thanks in advance for all info!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #2762
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurieannc View Post

Also, FWIW, at our most recent stay at the Dolphin in July 2013, the Dolphin informed us that they were no longer offering the free internet waiver of resort fee for SPG Gold members. They advised that they opted out of it. We are SPG gold and stay at both the Swan and Dolphin a few times a year. They did waive the resort fee for us that trip after I requested they do so, but they said they would not be able to do it in the future. I saw on some previous posts that others were able to get the resort fee waived still. Was this before or after July 2013? Also, was it at the Swan or Dolphin?

Thanks in advance for all info!!!
My last stay at the Swan was in April, and the resort fee was waived as a Gold amenity option. However, I am not surprised that they changed their offerings, as the resort fee was much more valuable than the other Gold amenity options of a free drink or 250 SPG points.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #2763
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
I think we stayed in one of these before...is it a king bed/sofa bed/table and chair area?

thanks
It is. We love staying in the deluxe alcove at the Swan. Our preference is the east wing and always request it.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #2764
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
It is. We love staying in the deluxe alcove at the Swan. Our preference is the east wing and always request it.
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #2765
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the Starbucks location in the Dolphin accepts the starbuck gift card?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #2766
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post
Does anyone know if the Starbucks location in the Dolphin accepts the starbuck gift card?
I haven't been in the Dolphin since May but I wasn't aware there is a Starbucks in it. There is a Starbucks in EPCOT, now, and the Swan/Dolphin include Starbucks house blend in the rooms.

There is a coffee bar in the Dolphin and I relish walking past it every chance I get.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #2767
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Starbucks in the rooms. No Starbucks coffee shops in either resort. The two quick serve lobby locations serve Lavazza brand.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #2768
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
May I ask why? We have a king alcove room reserved for our trip in December. When do you make that request.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #2769
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Starbucks in the rooms. No Starbucks coffee shops in either resort. The two quick serve lobby locations serve Lavazza brand.
Ok thanks. I was misinformed lol
Old 09-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #2770
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post

May I ask why? We have a king alcove room reserved for our trip in December. When do you make that request.
We really like the extra space. The king bed is for DH and me and the pull out sofa for DS. The east wing gives us so many windows which I love. We watch the Friendship boats coming and going. Love watching the walkway to the Dolphin, too.
We enjoy having a table and chairs and a balcony.

I usually send an email to the resort with my humble request about 2 months before arrival. I ask again at check in.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #2771
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
You can also set up your profile here and make requests, in addition to email. And when you check in as said above.

http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #2772
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
You can also set up your profile here and make requests, in addition to email. And when you check in as said above.

http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm
If only I could remember my "customer profile" information!! (too many email addresses and passwords!! I need to start writing this stuff down!! )

Old 09-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #2773
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post

Ok thanks. I was misinformed lol
The coffee bar in the Swan serves Starbucks coffee, but I don't believe they accept Starbucks gift cards.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 09-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #2774
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn

The coffee bar in the Swan serves Starbucks coffee, but I don't believe they accept Starbucks gift cards.
Thanks With it in the room we are pretty happy campers!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #2775
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Has anyone on he done a split stay recently with a wdw resort with fp+/magic bands and then went over to swan/dolphin? If so, were you able to continue to use the bands?
I need to know this too! I have a split stay in November and I don't know how to order my magic bands because my theme park tickets need to start the day we get to dolphin not port Orleans.
*May 2015- TBD * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: