Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #2701
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLuvsWDW View Post
Just returned from stay at swan. We did a split stay with beach club, moving to swan for second half of stay. I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the swan. We were on the 10th floor on a spg floor. The hallways smelled funny. Wall plaques were hanging off the wall. The elevator was run down with scuffed paint. The swan dining options were negligible. We had kids in the hallways at all hours. They shut the power off for a few hours to the whole hotel one night. We ate a picabu and the food was good but the place was dingy and strange. The staff was nice and the lobby looked good. Housekeeping was fine. The tv and phone and lamps were wired together with an extension cord that looked like it came from the dollar store and had no available outlets. There were no other outlets in the room so we had to unplug a lamp or charge items in the bathrooms. The shower was not great. I have to concur with the reports that it has gone downhill, at least when I compare my trip to a stay at swan 5 years ago. Maybe just a bad room/floor.
On one stay some years ago, when I checked into the room, the main dresser was missing. I called front desk and one was delivered to the room in about 30 minutes. A call to management about problems is always a good thing. I am sorry you had such a bad trip. 's

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
For those who are in need of a picture to hold them until they actually get there...
Great photo, Jeff, thanks. (HDR??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansstitch View Post
Hi All! I may have posted another question here in the past, but DH and I will be on our babymoon 10/3-10/7 and are staying at the dolphin. I will be 28 weeks pregnant at the time, and have recently discovered the joys of swollen numb feet. First question, have any of you had luck with requesting a room near to elevator or certain areas of the resort? Should I try that in advance or wait until we arrive? I am spg gold, but I have found that Starwood doesn't value gold as much as Hilton, so I'm not expecting much love from that. However, did that seem to give you any leverage in requesting a room?
Thanks!
I find SPG, both here at S/D, as well as other locations, are very cognizant of gold status members. I am reminded by staff there multiple times throughout my stays that I am gold, have been upgraded very nicely and received my amenity upon checkin, along with my increase in points earned and sometimes, when requested, later checkout

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #2702
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Great photo, Jeff, thanks. (HDR??)

I find SPG, both here at S/D, as well as other locations, are very cognizant of gold status members. I am reminded by staff there multiple times throughout my stays that I am gold, have been upgraded very nicely and received my amenity upon checkin, along with my increase in points earned and sometimes, when requested, later checkout
That wasn't an HDR pix Dan. I often do some playing with my photos, but this one was straight out of the camera.

I've also had mostly good experience being SPG gold. More so at the Dolphin. At the Swan I got a nice upgrade to a balcony room two weeks ago, but this stay we got the bus stop view.
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #2703
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For those who are in need of a picture to hold them until they actually get there...
Absolutely love this photo!!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
Old 09-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #2704
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
That wasn't an HDR pix Dan. I often do some playing with my photos, but this one was straight out of the camera.....
Nice.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #2705
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That wasn't an HDR pix Dan. I often do some playing with my photos, but this one was straight out of the camera.

I've also had mostly good experience being SPG gold. More so at the Dolphin. At the Swan I got a nice upgrade to a balcony room two weeks ago, but this stay we got the bus stop view.
Wow, hope I have your luck! I have had not great experiences with spg, but if they will serve my purpose better than a Hilton for a time (I will actually be moving over to bonnet creek Hilton at the end of our stay to relax!), I will stay there. Had a really awful experience at one of the luxury collection spg hotels in California a few weeks ago. Lets just say it might have been luxurious under the filth....them remarking that they appreciate my loyalty did NOT make me feel better!

Old 09-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #2706
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I'm so confused since I was set on CSR for our July 2014 vacation. Then I hear of Swan/Dolphin and I'm a huge fan of Westin hotels. I read about 10 pages of this thread and will continue. My ONLY issue is: I am not the most organized person & I like the idea of having my room key, park tix and DDP on one card... I love the DDP for its convenience (I realize that's not an option) I'm a single parent who travels with 3 boys so everything together made life easy! So can someone tell me that my concern is no big deal and share their secret for keeping it all together. This resort looks amazing!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #2707
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I carry my annual pass, Swan room key card and Tables in Wonderland card in bag. Never a problem.

Why she runs.....

dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #2708
melliej
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboyz3 View Post
Hi all! I'm so confused since I was set on CSR for our July 2014 vacation. Then I hear of Swan/Dolphin and I'm a huge fan of Westin hotels. I read about 10 pages of this thread and will continue. My ONLY issue is: I am not the most organized person & I like the idea of having my room key, park tix and DDP on one card... I love the DDP for its convenience (I realize that's not an option) I'm a single parent who travels with 3 boys so everything together made life easy! So can someone tell me that my concern is no big deal and share their secret for keeping it all together. This resort looks amazing!!!!!
I would assume that by the time you go the Magic Bands will be in full swing, so you will have that and your room key . I usually bring my "vacation" wallet with to the parks. I don't feel comfortable not having a credit card, insurance information and ID with me.
YACHT CLUB: december 2010 • first disney trip for my husband & kids
CARIBBEAN BEACH: december 1997
CARIBBEAN BEACH: march 1989
Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #2709
OKW Lover

Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Kind of tagging onto the discussion of room keys, park tickets, etc. I noticed that the store in the Swan has the new tap-to-pay devices by the registers. Surprised me because the room key cards aren't RFID and I didn't think the Swolphin allowed you to charge to Disney Resort cards.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #2710
Dan Murphy
We are family.

The two Disney owned stores, Disney Cabanas in the Swan and Daisy’s Garden in the Dolphin, will accept and use any kind of Disney payment medium.

Why she runs.....

dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #2711
OKW Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
The two Disney owned stores, Disney Cabanas in the Swan and Daisy’s Garden in the Dolphin, will accept and use any kind of Disney payment medium.
Ahh, that explains it. I was in Cabana at the Swan and didn't realize its actually a Disney owned store.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #2712
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Just have to share some exciting news with my Swan & Dolphin Friends!!! Forgive me for OT, but I am SO excited!!!!!

DD20 is studying abroad this semester in London... I just booked two nights at the Disneyland Hotel in DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!
I am going to visit her during her break, and since she really is interested in a career with Disney after graduation, I thought this would be a great opportunity to experience another park in another country! We will be there in October !!! Mother-Daughter trip!!

And, to have even MORE be happy dancing about, the three of us are headed back to our beloved Dolphin in January!! So much to look forward to!! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 09-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #2713
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Just have to share some exciting news with my Swan & Dolphin Friends!!! Forgive me for OT, but I am SO excited!!!!!

DD20 is studying abroad this semester in London... I just booked two nights at the Disneyland Hotel in DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!
I am going to visit her during her break, and since she really is interested in a career with Disney after graduation, I thought this would be a great opportunity to experience another park in another country! We will be there in October !!! Mother-Daughter trip!!

And, to have even MORE be happy dancing about, the three of us are headed back to our beloved Dolphin in January!! So much to look forward to!! :-)

WOW and Congrats! The upcoming months are going to be filled with fun and exciting adventures!

Don't forget to bring back many photos (and stories! ) from Disneyland Paris!

Old 09-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #2714
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kind of tagging onto the discussion of room keys, park tickets, etc. I noticed that the store in the Swan has the new tap-to-pay devices by the registers. Surprised me because the room key cards aren't RFID and I didn't think the Swolphin allowed you to charge to Disney Resort cards.
Are you thinking FP+ is also going to be available to Swan/Dolphin resorts vis the Magic Bands before the regular FP system is phased out, or just referring to the use of Magic Bands for park entrance and (Disney) charging?

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Old 09-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #2715
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post

How wonderful!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: