Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #256
pgianna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
pgianna,

DD and I are checking in to the Dolphin next weekend. I will be sure to ask what's going on with regards to a refurbishment and will report back here what I learn (assuming no one else beats me to it! )
Thank you so much, that would be great
Old 05-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #257
pgianna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Was it the April 25 podcast? I wanna listen
Yes, it was. it was in the facebook segment where they answer questions. One of the questions was: What resort needs a refurbishment the most? Pete kind of had a hard time coming up with one and finally said, probably the swan/dolphin even though they are a sponsor. He went on to say something to the effect of that will not be the case for long becuase they are in the process of redoing all there rooms. He said the new rooms are beautiful. I took what he said as fact since he has a close relationship with the S/D management. he always raves about the folks at the S/D. There you have it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #258
pgianna
Mouseketeer

I just went back and listened to that segment. They talk about the S/D about half way into the segment. Pete said a lot of the rooms have been redone already but all the rooms need to be completed becuase the old ones look really dated. He said the new rooms are stunning, those were his exact words.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #259
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Yes! I heard it too!! Hmm........ here's hoping someone knows what's going on
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 05-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #260
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Wink New room please

I want a new refurbished room when we go this summer!
The Dolphin is fully booked - so what ever room we get it will be when we arrive on the last Saturday in June.
I hope it is a newly done room
Old 05-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #261
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
I want a new refurbished room when we go this summer!
The Dolphin is fully booked - so what ever room we get it will be when we arrive on the last Saturday in June.
I hope it is a newly done room
We'll be leaving the day you arrive Enjoy your stay!
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 05-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #262
MBELSANTI
Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!

6 weeks and counting!

Hi guys,
I am down to 6 weeks before our magical trip to celebrate DS upcoming Eagle Scout Award. Thanks for answering all of my previous questions these last few months.

I have several more questions for all of you wonderful peeps.

* how are the food/snack offerings in the on site store Picabu? Since they will not allow Garden Grocer I checked out there personal pantry online and they pretty much only offered junk food. I was intersted in a package of bagels, some granola bars, bottle of milk, etc. I know that at a lot of the Disney resorts we've stayed at they have all of those options. Have any of you packed granola bars or bagels in carry on luggage and does the airlines allow this type of food? Would they allow peanut butter?

Are there any certain "views" to try to request for a standard room or is it a crap shoot for the "dumpster view"

Is it a far walk to get to the gas station/convenience store that is accross from Boardwalk Inn? I was trying to find this on google earth to get an idea.

thanks..I will probably have more but that is all I can think of for now.

Swan 06/12; SSR 08/09;1st Trip Home! VWL 2/08; BCV/ BWV/Pop 08/08; Christmas/NYE BWV 12/08; Wilderness Lodge 7 Night Trip w/PP Party 8/07;
Magic 7 Day Cruise to 3 C's Including 2 stops to CC!!! 8/06;POP 8/04, 2/08, 8/08, 12/08;
Wonder 10/01,10/00,10/99;CBR 10/99; ASSports 10/01,10/00,9/99,9/97; Offsite 83; Contemporary 81,77,76,74,73,72
Old 05-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #263
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

I called the Dolphin - they said all the rooms were redone in 2011. the whole resort is completed.

I listened to the April 25th podcast - full show and could not find the S/D room descriptions. Did I listen to the correct podcast ?

As for views - Standard view can be anything. So I would request a nice standard view on your reservation. You may be pleasantly surprised

Lots of snacks in Picabu - milk, soda, chips, cookies, baked goods , almost anything you want to snack on. You can get a 20% off items in Picabu with an AAA card.
Also next door at the Marketplace in the BC - there are lots of 'grocery' items you can buy, including fruit.

I would send an item like peanut butter in a box to the Dolphin - or in you checked luggage - not a carry on item. On the box - addressed to the Dolphin - add on all sides of the box:
Hold for: NAME OF PERSON ON THE RESERVATION
Arrival date: MM-DD-YYYYY

Last edited by pooh2001; 05-05-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #264
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I called the Dolphin - they said all the rooms were redone in 2011. the whole resort is completed.

I listened to the April 25th podcast - full show and could not find the S/D room descriptions. Did I listen to the correct podcast ?

I haven't seen a Dolphin room in awhile because I usually stay at the Swan. However, I returned from WDW 10 days ago, and my room at the Swan wasn't newly renovated.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #265
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I really think they are referring to the recent refurb that was done, not a new one. As of last year they were still in the process of that refurb (we had to change rooms mid-stay and the 1st room was and old one, the 2nd room was refurbed). I'm thinking maybe Pete had an older room last trip & wasn't aware that both hotels were in the middle of a huge reno.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #266
pgianna
Mouseketeer

I stayed at the Swan last week and my room wasn't redone. What still confuses me a little is. If all the room have been redone in the Dolphin, why are all the pictures on their website of the old rooms. Why wouldn't they have pics of the new ones. Usually a hotel brags about a major renovation, there is no mention of it on their website. I wonder if they don't want all their guests wanting to stay at the dolphin and not the swan.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #267
pgianna
Mouseketeer

Quote:

As for views - Standard view can be anything. So I would request a nice standard view on your reservation. You may be pleasantly surprised

Lots of snacks in Picabu - milk, soda, chips, cookies, baked goods , almost anything you want to snack on. You can get a 20% off items in Picabu with an AAA card.
Also next door at the Marketplace in the BC - there are lots of 'grocery' items you can buy, including fruit.

I would send an item like peanut butter in a box to the Dolphin - or in you checked luggage - not a carry on item. On the box - addressed to the Dolphin - add on all sides of the box:
Hold for: NAME OF PERSON ON THE RESERVATION
Arrival date: MM-DD-YYYYY
yeah that is the correct show, its in the facebook to facebook segment about half way throught that segment.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #268
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBELSANTI View Post
Hi guys,
I am down to 6 weeks before our magical trip to celebrate DS upcoming Eagle Scout Award. Thanks for answering all of my previous questions these last few months.

I have several more questions for all of you wonderful peeps.

* how are the food/snack offerings in the on site store Picabu? Since they will not allow Garden Grocer I checked out there personal pantry online and they pretty much only offered junk food. I was intersted in a package of bagels, some granola bars, bottle of milk, etc. I know that at a lot of the Disney resorts we've stayed at they have all of those options. Have any of you packed granola bars or bagels in carry on luggage and does the airlines allow this type of food? Would they allow peanut butter?

Are there any certain "views" to try to request for a standard room or is it a crap shoot for the "dumpster view"

Is it a far walk to get to the gas station/convenience store that is accross from Boardwalk Inn? I was trying to find this on google earth to get an idea.

thanks..I will probably have more but that is all I can think of for now.
Picabu has all of those types of things. They have individual serving sizes of peanut butter and nutella so you may not have to bring it from home.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #270
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
We stayed at the Dolpin in Feb 2011 and the room was in excellent condition, everything looked and smelled new to me, super clean and in pristine shape
Do you have any pictures of your room from that stay? Maybe that would help people determine whether it's new/new, or old/new
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: