Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #2596
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
That would be awesome! I think we MUST plan to meet up, even if just a quick "hi!"!
Great idea! In my experience, if one wants to meet others - one needs to make plans in advance. While I have "run into" people at the parks, I missed "running into" Dan the past few years - and we were both staying at the Swan!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #2597
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post

Hey, Dan - I'll arrive on the 3rd! Maybe THIS year we'll see each other!

By the way, some of this new stuff is TOO high-tech for me. I just want to enjoy being at the parks without having to schedule every ride.
I agree, Nancy! We don't even make more than a couple of ADRs. It ceases being a vacation if I have to plan every step! Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #2598
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Great idea! In my experience, if one wants to meet others - one needs to make plans in advance. While I have "run into" people at the parks, I missed "running into" Dan the past few years - and we were both staying at the Swan!
I'm also at the Swan!

I agree, we need to name a time and place (as we get closer to trip time) rather than leaving it to chance.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #2599
Elizaspride
Earning My Ears

Staying at the Dolphin in December..last time I stayed in 2011 I really enjoyed it.

I've read that Starwood restaurants have a 20% AAA discount..true? Applies to all restaurants..sit down and counter service?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #2600
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

Woke up this morning to an email from the Dolphin telling me about my upcoming trip (we arrive next Tuesday).. I logged into my SPG account & discovered that, while we booked the lowest room category, the reservation says we are in a Deluxe Alcove room

EXCEPT.. I booked 3 nights w/ cash and the last night with points so I have two separate reservations.. the last night is still showing the standard room. Do you think they'll let me stay in the Deluxe Alcove room or make me move? Do you think they'll end up moving all 4 nights to the standard room instead? If so, do you think I should just check in & then mention it later instead of at check in?

I sooooo want & need this upgraded room (been a rough couple of years & it will be a great surprise for DH!)

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
Old 08-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #2601
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:

By the way, some of this new stuff is TOO high-tech for me. I just want to enjoy being at the parks without having to schedule every ride.
Quote:
That would be awesome! I think we MUST plan to meet up, even if just a quick "hi!"!
Quote:
Quote:
I'm also at the Swan!

I agree, we need to name a time and place (as we get closer to trip time) rather than leaving it to chance.
Sounds great to me. A Swan dis meet in the making. I think Ray will be there at that time also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnfly30 View Post
Woke up this morning to an email from the Dolphin telling me about my upcoming trip (we arrive next Tuesday).. I logged into my SPG account & discovered that, while we booked the lowest room category, the reservation says we are in a Deluxe Alcove room

EXCEPT.. I booked 3 nights w/ cash and the last night with points so I have two separate reservations.. the last night is still showing the standard room. Do you think they'll let me stay in the Deluxe Alcove room or make me move? Do you think they'll end up moving all 4 nights to the standard room instead? If so, do you think I should just check in & then mention it later instead of at check in?

I sooooo want & need this upgraded room (been a rough couple of years & it will be a great surprise for DH!)
That's great, Christine!!! I would think that, if they are not booked for that room the 4th night, that they would let you stay there. Just my thoughts. Super!!!!

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #2602
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizaspride View Post
Staying at the Dolphin in December..last time I stayed in 2011 I really enjoyed it.

I've read that Starwood restaurants have a 20% AAA discount..true? Applies to all restaurants..sit down and counter service?
They do have a AAA room discount rate, but I don't know what percentage it is. The non-signature restaurants also have the AAA discount, and I believe that is 20%.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #2603
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Sounds great to me. A Swan dis meet in the making. I think Ray will be there at that time also.

That's great, Christine!!! I would think that, if they are not booked for that room the 4th night, that they would let you stay there. Just my thoughts. Super!!!!
All of this is making me incredibly envious. I have no trips planned. Have a great time!
Old 08-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #2604
Elizaspride
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post

They do have a AAA room discount rate, but I don't know what percentage it is. The non-signature restaurants also have the AAA discount, and I believe that is 20%.
Thanks!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #2605
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:

Yay!! It's been 5 or 6 years since I've seen Ray!

Old 08-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #2606
NBCGal
Been there done that... Do it again or where to go next?

Future reservations

Has anyone noticed that it is getting difficult to book further out with the Swan & Dolphin? The past several years (we go annually) I've booked reservations anywhere from 6-8 months out and now when I'm checking availability, there are a lot of blocked dates. I realize they are convention resorts, but you'd think they wouldn't shut out WDW fans so often. If they are booking so many huge conventions that totally book both the Swan & Dolphin, the economy must be better now!

Also, we use AAA discounts and many times AAA rates are unavailable or the lowest rate available is lower than the AAA rate. One other thing I'm seeing is that the reservations are prepaid only. I don't like to prepay, especially if the reservation is non-refundable due to cancellation. I can't guarantee that something won't come up in that lengthy timeframe.

What are your thoughts on this? I want to stay at the Swan, it's our home away from home when we're at WDW, but this makes me want to consider booking at a Disney Resort and that's not like me!
R M
Jac Zero Boo!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #2607
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

What are your dates? I randomly picked some days about 7 mths out and had no problem finding availability.

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
Old 08-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #2608
NBCGal
Been there done that... Do it again or where to go next?

I was looking at 2/2 to 2/8, to avoid the the Marathon Events. Nothing available. Maybe its just my luck with the weeks I'm looking at?
R M
Jac Zero Boo!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #2609
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile Let's have a DIS Swan Meet in December!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I am looking at arriving on the 4th. Maybe we will cross paths, Laura?
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yay!! It's been 5 or 6 years since I've seen Ray!
Let's have a DIS Swan Meet in December!!!!!!!!!

On one day last December, I saw Nancy in Epcot by chance watching the Canadian band, but then I didn't meet up with her again.

Dan and I got together with phone calls at WDW.

I invited Dan as a guest to the Tuesday DVC Holiday event inside Epcot and we met at on the Boardwalk in the evening to enjoy the Boardwalk entertainment. I don't know if they will be held on Tuesday in December, yet, but you welcome to come as my guests.

I would just love to see everyone. I'll be down there at the same time.

I don't know if you have heard of another Disney group called Tagrel, but they are meeting during that time. They are a wonderful group of people to get to know if you would like to visit their website. Here is the link to the meets. http://tagrel.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

I hope that we get to see each other if only for a meet and greet.

Let me know.

Ray

Old 08-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #2610
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Bummer! We arrive at the Dolphin in January ! Would have loved to meet all of you !!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: