Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #2581
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Don't forget this..

http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #2582
Gretchen
Mouseketeer

Here now-just wanted to let you all know they are working on the resort. Painting the exterior and working on some of the guest rooms. We were given a letter at check in saying that there may be construction noise until 6pm. We did hear some construction noise late on Saturday. Also-our room hadn't been made up till after 4pm both days. Front desk said that housekeeping makes up rooms till 6 pm on the weekends. We were able to check in and get into our room early-before 11 and were able to get a late checkout, noon.
Having a great time, and will stay here again.
1998 Polynesian 1999 Contemporary
1999 Carribean Beach 2000 DisneyLand Offsite
2002 Wilderness Lodge! 2004 Vistana Resort
2007 Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings!)
2008 All Star Vacation home
2011 Dolphin (Birthday Bash!)
2013 Dolphin
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #2583
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

I've stayed at The Dolphin on several occasions in the past (always for Food and Wine), but the other day a friend who travels a lot and apparently has a bajillion Starwood points basically set us up with a free room at The Swan if we went with he and his wife to F&W in October. Apparently we will get a suite upgrade as well.

I know my friend likes the best, so I'd ike to give him some intel on the hotel ... hoping someone can give me some info on the following:

1) How are the suites there ?

2) Are there any specific areas we should request for a better room, or perhaps a better view ? I think he would prefer looking towards the Boardwalk area ... not sure if you can see Epcot or not from there.

Thanks in advance !
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
Old 08-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #2584
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Here now-just wanted to let you all know they are working on the resort. Painting the exterior and working on some of the guest rooms. We were given a letter at check in saying that there may be construction noise until 6pm. We did hear some construction noise late on Saturday. Also-our room hadn't been made up till after 4pm both days. Front desk said that housekeeping makes up rooms till 6 pm on the weekends. We were able to check in and get into our room early-before 11 and were able to get a late checkout, noon.
Having a great time, and will stay here again.
We always call housekeeping and tell them when we vacate the room and ask for it to be cleaned ASAP when we plan to return early and clean up before dinner plans. Especially on a water park day. I don't like to return to an unmade room and then be busy getting ready and have housekeeping come to clean.
It has always worked well for us and they seemed to appreciate knowing they could check us off their list. :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 08-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #2585
bas71873
DIS Veteran

I searched the thread and found my own question about this, but could not find an answer to it, so I'll ask again

1. Can I link my Swan reservation (booked directly with Swan) to my My Disney Experience account?

2. I know I can book my UT tickets, but I have not purchased those yet.

3. IF the magic bands are in play by the time our trip rolls around (11/30), will we be eligible for them and FP+ since we aren't staying at a WDW resort? Will we get the bands in the mail beforehand?

Just trying to figure it all out. I also have a rez at POFQ and I'm trying to decide once & for all where we are staying.

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 08-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #2586
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
I searched the thread and found my own question about this, but could not find an answer to it, so I'll ask again

1. Can I link my Swan reservation (booked directly with Swan) to my My Disney Experience account?

3. IF the magic bands are in play by the time our trip rolls around (11/30), will we be eligible for them and FP+ since we aren't staying at a WDW resort? Will we get the bands in the mail beforehand?

Just trying to figure it all out. I also have a rez at POFQ and I'm trying to decide once & for all where we are staying.
1. Since this is all new territory, I don't believe there is a definitive answer yet. However, based on past history, Swan and Dolphin will not be linkable to My Disney Experience. You can't charge anything from the parks or other WDW resorts to your room at Swan or Dolphin; you can't get the DDP; you can't take DME........ I believe the answer will be no, you can't link a Swolphin reservation to My Disney Experience.

3. Again, new territory so I'm not sure anyone here can give you the definitive answer.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #2587
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
1. Since this is all new territory, I don't believe there is a definitive answer yet. However, based on past history, Swan and Dolphin will not be linkable to My Disney Experience. You can't charge anything from the parks or other WDW resorts to your room at Swan or Dolphin; you can't get the DDP; you can't take DME........ I believe the answer will be no, you can't link a Swolphin reservation to My Disney Experience.

3. Again, new territory so I'm not sure anyone here can give you the definitive answer.

Thanks. We don't care about the charging, the DME or the DDP, we'll take a town care and are paying OOP for food regardless of where we stay. I was just wondering if I could have all my reservations in one place. KWIM

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Old 08-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #2588
nsev
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I was not able to link my direct Swan reservation to My Disney Experience. I tried a few times on different days and they all said my reservation was not located.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #2589
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Thanks. We don't care about the charging, the DME or the DDP, we'll take a town care and are paying OOP for food regardless of where we stay. I was just wondering if I could have all my reservations in one place. KWIM
I understand what you're saying, but that's not been possible in the past, which is why I believe it's unlikely in the (near) future....... unfortunately.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #2590
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but that's not been possible in the past, which is why I believe it's unlikely in the (near) future....... unfortunately.
Bummer! But, on a happy note, I think I'm leaning a little harder toward keeping my Swan ressie and ditching POFQ. My loose itinerary proves that being at an Epcot resort just makes more sense....

Last edited by bas71873; 08-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #2591
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Bummer! But, on a happy note, I think I'm leaner a little harder toward keeping my Swan ressie and ditching POFQ. My loose itinerary proves that being at an Epcot resort just makes more sense....
I absolutely understand! I have 5 nights the first week of December - originally booked on a bounceback at POR (airfare booked during SW $59 sale).

Yesterday I asked myself WHY am I NOT staying at an Epcot resort?!!

Next thing I knew, I was booking the 5 nights at Swan (using my spg points! ) and on the phone to WDW, canceling POR!!

The only thing I ever really miss when staying at Swan or Dolphin is "charging" to my room at the parks. Disney Gift Cards solve that problem!

I happen to love POFQ, but they have been very stingy with discounts the past couple years.

I know you will have a great time whether at Swan or POFQ.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #2592
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

Quote:
I was just wondering if I could have all my reservations in one place. KWIM
While the idea of MDE is nice, it's too glitchy for me.

If you want all your reservations in one place have you tried the Tripit app?? Not only can you manually add reservations, it also picks up your emailed confirmations & records them for you (airline, rental car etc..).

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
Old 08-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #2593
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
....Next thing I knew, I was booking the 5 nights at Swan (using my spg points! ) and on the phone to WDW, canceling POR!!...
I am looking at arriving on the 4th. Maybe we will cross paths, Laura?

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #2594
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Hey, Dan - I'll arrive on the 3rd! Maybe THIS year we'll see each other!

By the way, some of this new stuff is TOO high-tech for me. I just want to enjoy being at the parks without having to schedule every ride.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #2595
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Hey, Dan - I'll arrive on the 3rd! Maybe THIS year we'll see each other!

By the way, some of this new stuff is TOO high-tech for me. I just want to enjoy being at the parks without having to schedule every ride.

That would be awesome! I think we MUST plan to meet up, even if just a quick "hi!"!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: