Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #2566
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Click the zoom one or two times to zone in on the walkway. The open walk is in the middle, both sides are covered, color is greenish.

Laundry? Tacky? Heck no, I see plenty of people walking with what I think is maybe laundry. I would keep it in a bag though, not just in your arms, you might lose a sock, LOL.
Ohhhhh, I see the cover now, thanks!

Lol, lose a sock....too funny!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #2567
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

The Swan and Dolphin are Starwood Starpicks today -- you need to book by this Friday for travel through 9/11/13. I clicked on some random date in September just to see the rate and it was $129 at the Dolphin. I'm not traveling during this time, but just FYI in case anyone is and could use this rate.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #2568
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

There are no black out dates to stay on points, right? A long as they have room available you can stay on points?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #2569
winterwhite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
There are no black out dates to stay on points, right? A long as they have room available you can stay on points?
That is generally true, but some room types may be blocked from point redemption I believe.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:16 AM   #2570
CindyPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tege View Post

I'm not the OP to this but I just wanted to say Thanks Cindy for the info about Tiffany Towncar. They are exactly what we were looking for. We plan to use them in October and December since we are staying at the Swan both times. They should really be giving you a referral fee, I might not have found them otherwise
Aww, thanks! But truly the credit goes to all the Disboards peeps without whom I would not have found the info. I am just happy to pay it forward. I have had two awesome Disney vacations thanks to all the info I have been able to find here. Thank you Disboards!!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #2571
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Is there a direct number to the Swan to call? When we do our split stay I think I want to request early check in. Would be be possible to call the night before and ask if they think they will have a room available early? If the answer is no we will take our time going over there. But if the answer is yes we want to get over as soon as possible so we can enjoy our day.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #2572
Dan Murphy
We are family.

407 934-3000

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #2573
bas71873
DIS Veteran

What are the odds of the rate going down for the first week of December (I guess historically, what's been the best rate you've received). I have a resort view room at the Swan booked for 11/30 - 12/6 w/AAA resort credit for $233/night. Just curious if I may see better than that. I also have a room booked at POFQ for slightly less. Trying to decide which one to keep.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 08-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #2574
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
What are the odds of the rate going down for the first week of December (I guess historically, what's been the best rate you've received). I have a resort view room at the Swan booked for 11/30 - 12/6 w/AAA resort credit for $233/night. Just curious if I may see better than that. I also have a room booked at POFQ for slightly less. Trying to decide which one to keep.
You could call and ask them. They were very helpful when I called to find out what the teacher rates had been during a few different weeks last year for comparison.

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Old 08-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #2575
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

What time do the buses start picking up at the Swan/Dolphin for MK on normal opening of 9am? We are booking a tour at MK and are wondering if we just need to take a taxi.

Thanks!
Kerry
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
Old 08-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #2576
Dan Murphy
We are family.

First buses, in all of WDW, start running at 6:30, for the early morning meals. Buses will come by some time soon after that time.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #2577
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
First buses, in all of WDW, start running at 6:30, for the early morning meals. Buses will come by some time soon after that time.
Thank you Dan!

Kerry
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
Old 08-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #2578
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

How early can you check in? 6am? If you check in early does that put you further up in the que to get a room quicker? Meaning, if we check in at 7am do we have a better shot at getting at room at 11am than a person who checks in at 10am (w the same room type)?
Old 08-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #2579
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
How early can you check in? 6am? If you check in early does that put you further up in the que to get a room quicker? Meaning, if we check in at 7am do we have a better shot at getting at room at 11am than a person who checks in at 10am (w the same room type)?
I would call the hotel and ask what's the earliest you may check in.

As far as room availability goes, there's no guarantee of how early a room will be available for you. I personally have checked in as early as 8 or 9am or so because I was hopping from the other property (changing from Swan to Dolphin or vice-versa). When it's that early, I anticipate my room not being ready and have my bags packed to be stored with bell services. However, there have been occasions in which I've been pleasantly surprised to find a room is ready for me.

I find that they tend to pre-assign rooms, though, so I would guess that your best bet for an earlier availability on the room would be to have it noted on your reservation that you'll be arriving early. I would think that would give you the best shot of being assigned a room that may not be waiting for a prior guest to vacate it when you check in.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #2580
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
I would call the hotel and ask what's the earliest you may check in.

As far as room availability goes, there's no guarantee of how early a room will be available for you. I personally have checked in as early as 8 or 9am or so because I was hopping from the other property (changing from Swan to Dolphin or vice-versa). When it's that early, I anticipate my room not being ready and have my bags packed to be stored with bell services. However, there have been occasions in which I've been pleasantly surprised to find a room is ready for me.

I find that they tend to pre-assign rooms, though, so I would guess that your best bet for an earlier availability on the room would be to have it noted on your reservation that you'll be arriving early. I would think that would give you the best shot of being assigned a room that may not be waiting for a prior guest to vacate it when you check in.
Thanks, that makes sense. I will call and put the request on the reservation. Is there a direct number to the Swan by chance? I want to put it in my folder.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: