Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #2311
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Capseal I also agree with Disney Grandma. You might want to look into an executive suite. Heres a link to photos of the Dolphin Executive suite we stayed it in 2011. We will be staying in one again next month and would find it difficult to stay in anything else. Sorry that I don't have time to find it right now, but I believe TaraPA posted some photos of the Swan Executive suite around the same time.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:11 AM   #2312
MagicalMerida
Mouseketeer

Thanks!!! This thread has really got me pumped- only nine weeks until the Dolphin!

TR- AHHH!!! Not another EMH morning! A July/August told by a teen!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #2313
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2 View Post
Capseal I also agree with Disney Grandma. You might want to look into an executive suite. Heres a link to photos of the Dolphin Executive suite we stayed it in 2011. We will be staying in one again next month and would find it difficult to stay in anything else. Sorry that I don't have time to find it right now, but I believe TaraPA posted some photos of the Swan Executive suite around the same time.
How much more are these suites? We will have 5 in a regular room and feel like the extra space would be great but only if the price is right.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #2314
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Like all the rooms the prices are subject to change, so your best bet would be to book a room and then check every week or so and see if the rates change. If they do, they will change the price, at least that has been our experience as well as others on this thread. Also not sure how the prices fluctuate during the year and the SD is a conference resort, so weeks that are low for most resorts may be sold out at the SD.

When we first stayed in 2011 we ended up getting the room for $309 a night. We knew we got a great rate, but I don't think we truly realized it until after our trip. The Executive Suite also spoiled us and it would be difficult for us get anything else as long as we needed two rooms. We feel these suites are much better than two standard rooms and are only charged for one nightly resort fee.

For this year, staying in mid June, we originally booked for $400 a night. I think we ended up getting it for $369, but haven't checked the last month, because last time we checked all the executive suites were booked up our week. For the first month we checked the pricing at least once a week and they didn't change. After that we started getting different prices when we called. Once I was quoted $352, but when my brother tried to change our reservations a few hours later that offer was no longer available.

If you have any other questions feel free to asks!
Old 05-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #2315
capeseal
DIS Veteran

So bummed! All suites are sold out for our dates. That's what I get for waiting so long to book. Glad we at least got our alcove rooms even though I found out that they cannot be adjoining.

I'm thinking that I should bug them every couple of weeks in hopes that a cancellation comes up? Is that too unlikely to be worth trying?
Old 05-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #2316
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal View Post
So bummed! All suites are sold out for our dates. That's what I get for waiting so long to book. Glad we at least got our alcove rooms even though I found out that they cannot be adjoining.

I'm thinking that I should bug them every couple of weeks in hopes that a cancellation comes up? Is that too unlikely to be worth trying?
Sorry to hear about that cape seal.

If you still want to try and get a suite I would definitely continue to "bug" them! Personally, I'd probably call them at least weekly and check, it's not like they know who you are. On the off chance one opens up, it was more than worth it.

Sadly, my parents who were planing on staying part of our stay in June have to cancel. How dare life and expenses get in the way of a vacation! They haven't technically canceled yet, but it does show that rooms open up. Actually seeing that we have 5 in an executive suite, I should talk to my brother about the possibility of having our parents stay with us a few days. Although I would have to give up my comfortable king sized bed. ;(
Old 05-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #2317
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
How much more are these suites? We will have 5 in a regular room and feel like the extra space would be great but only if the price is right.
We had the 2BR Executive Suite & I think it was $580/nt.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #2318
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2 View Post
Sorry to hear about that cape seal.

If you still want to try and get a suite I would definitely continue to "bug" them! Personally, I'd probably call them at least weekly and check, it's not like they know who you are. On the off chance one opens up, it was more than worth it.

Sadly, my parents who were planing on staying part of our stay in June have to cancel. How dare life and expenses get in the way of a vacation! They haven't technically canceled yet, but it does show that rooms open up. Actually seeing that we have 5 in an executive suite, I should talk to my brother about the possibility of having our parents stay with us a few days. Although I would have to give up my comfortable king sized bed. ;(
Yeah, that's what I get for waiting so long to ask questions here and book. But, I'll keep calling and hold out hope for the possibility. I'm sorry your folks had to cancel. It is so hard planning with multiple groups. Hope you can work something out to have them stay for a little bit even if it means sacrificing the good bed.

Quote:
We were quoted $550/night for the time we are staying with the add-on room. When we factor in paying only 1 resort fee it ends up being the same as 2 family alcove rooms.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #2319
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal View Post

Yeah, that's what I get for waiting so long to ask questions here and book. But, I'll keep calling and hold out hope for the possibility. I'm sorry your folks had to cancel. It is so hard planning with multiple groups. Hope you can work something out to have them stay for a little bit even if it means sacrificing the good bed.

We were quoted $550/night for the time we are staying with the add-on room. When we factor in paying only 1 resort fee it ends up being the same as 2 family alcove rooms.
This was the reason we booked a 2 bedroom grand suite! We considered doing 3 rooms, but once you added in resort fees for each room and took into consideration how much more space the grand suite had it was an easy decision and didn't turn out to be astronomically more expensive!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 05-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #2320
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Is it true that you can see the fireworks from either resort?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 05-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #2321
Flews
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Is it true that you can see the fireworks from either resort?
Technically yes. But watching from your room is nothing like watching up close and personal. I always tell people it's so worth the 15 minute walk to Epcot.

Cheers,
Old 05-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #2322
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flews View Post

Technically yes. But watching from your room is nothing like watching up close and personal. I always tell people it's so worth the 15 minute walk to Epcot.

Cheers,
Even if you stand on the bridge from the Boardwalk. It is a nice view and a pleasant stroll! The Swan/Dolphin's location just can't be beat! <3

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 05-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #2323
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Roughly how much are the alcove rooms? And do all have kings or do some have 2 doubles?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #2324
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

This time next week I will be checking in to the Dolphin for our first stay in a non-Disney resort!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 05-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #2325
CindyPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Roughly how much are the alcove rooms? And do all have kings or do some have 2 doubles?
Hello!

We are staying in a deluxe alcove in three weeks. We booked it for $231 per night not including fees and taxes. We are SPG members and used AAA to get that rate. I think the alcoves have many different set-ups. I have seen photos of them and they do not all look the same. But they do have some with 2 doubles and some with kings. Usually, there is also a pull out sofa also. Hope that helps!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: