Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #2281
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
Wow! Just 2 weeks until we leave for the Dolphin! Can't wait! Anyone have any experience getting free upgrades to balcony with regular SPG? If not how much is it per night to upgrade?
This past October when I asked about the upgrade she said they'd already given it to us

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #2282
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
No - Dolphin (Sheraton-branded) has Shine products -- I was just there last week. Nothing special about those products - they're adequate.

I haven't stayed at Swan in over a year, so I can't say for sure what they have now, but they are Westin-branded and usually carry what other Westins have. They had Bath & Body Works products (coconut lime verbana). I also have a bottle of body lotion from Swan: Heavenly (white tea aloe).

Hopefully someone can update/confirm the current Swan products! I won't be there until November.
Swan finally has the Westin-branded products which have the White Tea fragrance (same one usually found in the lobby).
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #2283
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
Swan finally has the Westin-branded products which have the White Tea fragrance (same one usually found in the lobby).
Thanks for the info!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #2284
Mark P.
DIS Veteran

First thing in this morning's in box is the Swan's "We’re ready for your arrival" email!
Makes it official...It's almost here.

Been almost 3 years since our vacation of any kind. Our son, Colin, 11, was diagnosed last year with autoimmune hepatitis, and the trade-off of his liver functioning properly with the meds. is intentionally suppressing his immune system, and he's now prone to getting infections and sick more often. And boy, does it...And it stinks!

The game has changed is all, DW and I have told him. He's been biopsied, poked and prodded for months now and has taken it all in stride. That's our Colin.
Have to give a shout out to DuPont Children's Hospital in Wilmington, DE. Amazing is the word that comes to mind. We're there every two weeks, sometimes more frequently, if needed.

And so Colin mentioned heading to SWW a while back, as he absolutely loves SW, his Dr. gave us the green light for Disney, where he's all set to be Carbon Froze and Cloned as a Trooper as well!

Colin likes camouflage items, so if you see a young man with a camo. Disney pin lanyard and camo. medic. alert bracelet, on the 17th., please stop and say hi...We'd love to meet fellow DISers!

Happy Mom's Day!,
-Mark
Old 05-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #2285
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P. View Post
First thing in this morning's in box is the Swan's "We’re ready for your arrival" email!

Been almost 3 years since our vacation of any kind. Our son, Colin, 11, was diagnosed last year with autoimmune hepatitis, and the trade-off of his liver functioning properly with the meds. is intentionally suppressing his immune system, and he's now prone to getting infections and sick more often. And boy, does it...And it stinks!

The game has changed is all, DW and I have told him. He's been biopsied, poked and prodded for months now and has taken it all in stride. That's our Colin.
Have to give a shout out to DuPont Children's Hospital in Wilmington, DE. Amazing is the word that comes to mind. We're there every two weeks, sometimes more frequently, if needed.

And so Colin mentioned heading to SWW a while back, as he absolutely loves SW, his Dr. gave us the green light for Disney, where he's all set to be Carbon Froze and Cloned as a Trooper as well!

Colin likes camouflage items, so if you see a young man with a camo. Disney pin lanyard and camo. medic. alert bracelet, on the 17th., please stop and say hi...We'd love to meet fellow DISers!

Happy Mom's Day!,
-Mark
I hope Colin has a wonderful time. May the Force be with all of you!

PS - might I suggest emailing the hotel and letting them know about how special this trip is for Colin. The staff is awesome, and they've gone above and beyond for us many times in acknowledging special occasions that we've been celebrating.
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....Next: 12/14 Swan
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel

Old 05-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #2286
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
I hope Colin has a wonderful time. May the Force be with all of you!

PS - might I suggest emailing the hotel and letting them know about how special this trip is for Colin. The staff is awesome, and they've gone above and beyond for us many times in acknowledging special occasions that we've been celebrating.
I second that sentiment! And I think that's great advice to email the hotel.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #2287
Mark P.
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the kind words, I just might zip them an email.

Thanks again and take care,
-Mark
Old 05-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #2288
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P. View Post

Happy Mom's Day!,
-Mark
Have an awesome trip and God bless your family!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #2289
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Anyone have a link to a 2013 Picabu menu?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 05-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #2290
Dan Murphy
We are family.

http://allears.net/menu/menu_tub.htm

And good wishes for Colin, Mark. Wish I was there to meet camo man. Have a great trip, Mark.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 05-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #2291
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
http://allears.net/menu/menu_tub.htm

And good wishes for Colin, Mark. Wish I was there to meet camo man. Have a great trip, Mark.
That's a tally a 2011 menu was hoping for a 2013 staying at BWI & wanted to grab breakfast here a few times but need to budget it in, if anyone knows of a 2013 Picabu menu can you let me know?? I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 05-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #2292
Dan Murphy
We are family.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...nt.id=465#menu

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 05-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #2293
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
Wow! Just 2 weeks until we leave for the Dolphin! Can't wait! Anyone have any experience getting free upgrades to balcony with regular SPG? If not how much is it per night to upgrade?
I'm Starwood Preferred Plus (at least I think that is the name) and just stayed at the Dolphin May 1-8. We had a standard view booked, and were upgraded to a balcony room. I didn't ask about an upgrade...it was offered. Very nice to have the balcony, but it ended up being a pretty long walk from the elevators on the west side. It kind of felt like one of those BWV walks from the elevators . In any case, it was unexpected and very much appreciated.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #2294
vicb224
Mouseketeer

Just a question... Booked the Dolphin last night for long weekend Labor Day.. Put my credit card info in for deposit but it never charged it. I got a confirmation # and everything but I'm nervous about it!
Happen to anyone else?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #2295
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb224 View Post
Just a question... Booked the Dolphin last night for long weekend Labor Day.. Put my credit card info in for deposit but it never charged it. I got a confirmation # and everything but I'm nervous about it!
Happen to anyone else?
Yes, a couple of us had that problem several months back. What I did was go into the reservation and clicked the icon to "modify" it. I didn't make any changes to the reservation, but clicked "save changes" and that apparently did the trick! The deposit showed up as "pending" in my Amex account by the end of that day!

I don't know if or when the reservation would be canceled for non-payment of deposit, but I sure didn't want to take any chances!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: