Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #2176
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
Plus don't we have to pay for parking daily if we drive there?
Yes, there is a parking fee.

Quote:
Can we opt out of the resort service package?
No, you cannot. It's automatic. In fact, if you price out a room online it will add that part in.

And these 2 fees are why I am likely going to be canceling my ressie at the Dolphin. I am booked with the AAA rate right now, but with these 2 fees added in, it pushes me significanly higher than the AAA rate I can get at POFQ. And POFQ has 2 queen beds (and I get to share the bed with DD while on vacation) and POFQ has ceiling fans (I must have air circulating when I sleep) and that would save me having to bring my foldaway fan along. Even if FD is offered during my time and I have to pay rack rate at POFQ it still ends up cheaper than the Dolphin. I'm sad, because I wanted to give it a try, but I can't justify the cost difference. There are other things I'd rather spend my money on

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #2177
SwirlyGirly
Mouseketeer

Thanks to those who answered my previous questions. I have another. I'm looking at the rates and one of the rates includes breakfast. Where is this breakfast at? How is it? Do you think it's worth it?
Thanks again!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #2178
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Yes, there is a parking fee.

No, you cannot. It's automatic. In fact, if you price out a room online it will add that part in.

And these 2 fees are why I am likely going to be canceling my ressie at the Dolphin. I am booked with the AAA rate right now, but with these 2 fees added in, it pushes me significanly higher than the AAA rate I can get at POFQ. And POFQ has 2 queen beds (and I get to share the bed with DD while on vacation) and POFQ has ceiling fans (I must have air circulating when I sleep) and that would save me having to bring my foldaway fan along. Even if FD is offered during my time and I have to pay rack rate at POFQ it still ends up cheaper than the Dolphin. I'm sad, because I wanted to give it a try, but I can't justify the cost difference. There are other things I'd rather spend my money on
BUT...the LOCATION alone makes it worth more then POFQ, don't you think?
*May 2015- TBD * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #2179
epsmith921
Mouseketeer

For me, the location is just amazing. I could stay at pop for half the price of the swan (with 2 queen beds) but walking to 2 parks, monorail over to mk, and Epcot view are awesome. And we love the smaller size if the swan so we can walk in the hotel and not be a mile (exaggerating) from our room like at some other hotels there.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #2180
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Posted this question last week but never saw an answer so I am going to post it again. When I look at rates on-line for the Dolphin they add a 5th person charge (an extra $25) for my 3rd child. When I check out will I be charged another $25 per day if we request a rollaway or is that 5th person charge the rollaway charge? Add those charges to the parking fee and the resort fee adds quite a bit to the original rate.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #2181
CindyPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post
Posted this question last week but never saw an answer so I am going to post it again. When I look at rates on-line for the Dolphin they add a 5th person charge (an extra $25) for my 3rd child. When I check out will I be charged another $25 per day if we request a rollaway or is that 5th person charge the rollaway charge? Add those charges to the parking fee and the resort fee adds quite a bit to the original rate.
Hi,

Your best bet is to call their direct reservation line and ask. We have reservations for five in an alcove room and they are giving us a rollaway complimentary because they cannot guarantee me a two bedded room. They are not charging us for the fifth person. From my understanding, they don't charge children as extra... I believe that would only apply to five adults to a room. The agents at their reservation line are extremely helpful and accommodating. Another thing I think might help is to sign up for the SPG program online before you make a reservation. It will get you the best rates, especially if you also have AAA.

To answer your original question directly, you should not be charged both for five people and fora rollaway. Calling them directly will get you the best rate. Hope that helps!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #2182
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyPA View Post
Hi,

Your best bet is to call their direct reservation line and ask. We have reservations for five in an alcove room and they are giving us a rollaway complimentary because they cannot guarantee me a two bedded room. They are not charging us for the fifth person. From my understanding, they don't charge children as extra... I believe that would only apply to five adults to a room. The agents at their reservation line are extremely helpful and accommodating. Another thing I think might help is to sign up for the SPG program online before you make a reservation. It will get you the best rates, especially if you also have AAA.

To answer your original question directly, you should not be charged both for five people and fora rollaway. Calling them directly will get you the best rate. Hope that helps!
Thanks! I thought it was weird that on-line I was being charged $25 more for my 3rd child even though it states that kids under 18 are free when staying with adults. We are members of SPG. Don't actually have a trip booked. Just trying to see if a summer trip is financially feasible (we are taking a Disney cruise at the end of the year). One of my kids has been asking to go back even though he already went in the summer and Sept of 2012! Wants to see the new Fantasyland...and when you say to call direct, are you saying the Starwood reservation line of the actual hotel?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #2183
CindyPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post

Thanks! I thought it was weird that on-line I was being charged $25 more for my 3rd child even though it states that kids under 18 are free when staying with adults. We are members of SPG. Don't actually have a trip booked. Just trying to see if a summer trip is financially feasible (we are taking a Disney cruise at the end of the year). One of my kids has been asking to go back even though he already went in the summer and Sept of 2012! Wants to see the new Fantasyland...and when you say to call direct, are you saying the Starwood reservation line of the actual hotel?
Try calling 888-828-8850. That is the dedicated reservation line for the Swalphin. Thomas in particular has always been super helpful and friendly. We are going in June and I cannot wait! We stayed at BWI last year and just kept gravitating over to the Dolphin to eat. Thought it was so pretty and rates so much more reasonable, so we booked it for this year.

Good luck and hope your cruise is wonderful! That is something we would like to do one day when kids are a little older.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #2184
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:

BUT...the LOCATION alone makes it worth more then POFQ, don't you think?
That's what I'm trying to decide!!! I'm so wishy washy! The cheapskate in me says NO way

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #2185
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's what I'm trying to decide!!! I'm so wishy washy! The cheapskate in me says NO way
You have to do what is right for your family and budget.

But.... Remember there is also a "value" placed on your time, too! I didn't like the busses for Port Orleans or the outside room entrances. We have now been at the Dolphin six times and won't stay anywhere else! The Friendship boats are so relaxing and we can also walk to Epcot, HS, and Boardwalk.

Hope you'll give the Dolphin a try! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 04-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #2186
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
.....and POFQ has ceiling fans (I must have air circulating when I sleep) and that would save me having to bring my foldaway fan along.....(
You can set the thermostat fan to hi, rather than auto, and it does produce a pretty significant wave of air throughout the room. If too breezy, you can set to med or lo.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #2187
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post

You have to do what is right for your family and budget.

But.... Remember there is also a "value" placed on your time, too! I didn't like the busses for Port Orleans or the outside room entrances. We have now been at the Dolphin six times and won't stay anywhere else! The Friendship boats are so relaxing and we can also walk to Epcot, HS, and Boardwalk.

Hope you'll give the Dolphin a try! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
You can set the thermostat fan to hi, rather than auto, and it does produce a pretty significant wave of air throughout the room. If too breezy, you can set to med or lo.
Ya'll are killing me

Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #2188
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Ya'll are killing me
And I heard the rooms are dusty at POFQ too.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #2189
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
And I heard the rooms are dusty at POFQ too.

...and that dragon in the pool would give me NIGHTMARES......... ;-)

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 04-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #2190
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

Just booked the Swan for the 3 nights at the end of a week long split stay. How much is the transportation option that you can book through the concierge at swan for transportation to the airport? Is it more than booking through Mears? When I went on the Mears website the only option was for a private car-$67 for 4 people.

Also, we are transferring over from Yacht Club. Will they move our bags over or should we walk them over that morning?

Thanks for any advice you can give!
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: