Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #181
becky11
Mouseketeer

Bluezoo & Shula's are both LBD-worthy. I've not been to Il Mulino, but I imagine it's the same>

Retired USAF 11/1/12 after 21 years!

Apparently, I'm a runner. Who knew?
------------------------------------
Race for the Taste 10K (WDW) 11 Oct 09 -- Tower of Terror 13K (WDW) 24 Oct 09 -- Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 2 Oct 10 -- 2nd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 1 Oct 11 -- Inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon (DL) 29 Jan 12 -- Royal Family 5K (WDW) 25 Feb 12 -- 4th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 26 Feb 12 - CtC! -- 5th Annual Expedition Everest Challenge (WDW) 5 May 12 - DH's first race! -- US Air Force Marathon (Dayton, OH) 15 Sep 12 - first full marathon! -- Inaugural Tower of Terror 10-miler (WDW) 29 Sep 12 -- 3rd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 10 Nov 12 -- 5th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 24 Feb 13
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #182
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky11 View Post
Bluezoo & Shula's are both LBD-worthy. I've not been to Il Mulino, but I imagine it's the same>
Oh, yes, it would be lovely for Il Mulino. Just remember, there will also be people in shorts.

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #183
budmonster
"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." - Ella Fitzgerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky11 View Post
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Oh, yes, it would be lovely for Il Mulino. Just remember, there will also be people in shorts.
Really ...shorts? They don't have a dress code?
DTD Marriott 2003-Off Site May 2007-All Star Movie-Apr 2008 Pop Century-Apr 2009-All Star Music Nov 2009-Grand Floridian Dec 2009-Off Site Feb 2010-Pop Century Apr 2010-Pop Century Aug 2010- Pop Century November 2010-All Star Sports-2011 Lots and Lots of Day Trips
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #184
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
Thanks for the info.

Many diners are coming from, or going to a theme park, which explains the shorts.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #185
MBELSANTI
Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Hi All!
I have a $25 Restaurant.com certificate for the Garden Grove. Although we are going this summer to WDW, we won't be using it. If anyone would like it just PM me with an address to send it to. I'm not looking for anything for it. Just being nice!
HI, I looked everywhere on Restaurant.com and I cannot find Garden Grove. Do they still have certificates for this restaurant, or is the one you gave away an older one that they will still honor?

Swan 06/12; SSR 08/09;1st Trip Home! VWL 2/08; BCV/ BWV/Pop 08/08; Christmas/NYE BWV 12/08; Wilderness Lodge 7 Night Trip w/PP Party 8/07;
Magic 7 Day Cruise to 3 C's Including 2 stops to CC!!! 8/06;POP 8/04, 2/08, 8/08, 12/08;
Wonder 10/01,10/00,10/99;CBR 10/99; ASSports 10/01,10/00,9/99,9/97; Offsite 83; Contemporary 81,77,76,74,73,72
Old 04-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #186
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
Thanks for the info.

Victoria and Albert's is the only restaurant on property that does not allow shorts.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #187
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBELSANTI View Post
HI, I looked everywhere on Restaurant.com and I cannot find Garden Grove. Do they still have certificates for this restaurant, or is the one you gave away an older one that they will still honor?
I have an extra one from when I bought some a few months ago. Are they no longer honoring them? If they are, I'd love to send you the extra one if you want it
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #188
el_tigre
Mouseketeer

It looks like the Swan and Dolphin are available on Starpicks this week.

The Starpicks rate appears to be bookable for about two-thirds of May and June dates. Rates for the Dolphin can be as low as $159 and as low as $179 for the Swan (although a few dates are considerably higher).

For those unfamiliar with Starpicks, the rates are nonrefundable and your credit card will be charged the full amount at time of booking, so make sure your plans are set in stone before reserving. Also, the resort fee is NOT included in this rate (as always). You have until Friday to book.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #189
FozzieFan
Mouseketeer

Well I did it.... after much debate this weekend and a failed attempt at renting DVC points for a studio at the Boardwalk or Beach Club, I'm booked for the Swan, for the first time, for 6 nights in October to enjoy food and wine!!! Worked out to a rate of 188 a night since I got one night free with the sunsational promo, couldn't resist!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #190
el_tigre
Mouseketeer

Starwood just announced its newest promotion, Nice Choice.

Rather than just post the info here in this part of thread only to have it get buried within days, I also edited my post on the front page. This is probably Starwood's weakest summer promo over the last several years, but hopefully everyone planning a visit to the Swan or Dolphin over the next few months will find a useful option.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #191
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_tigre View Post
Starwood just announced its newest promotion, Nice Choice.

Rather than just post the info here in this part of thread only to have it get buried within days, I also edited my post on the front page. This is probably Starwood's weakest summer promo over the last several years, but hopefully everyone planning a visit to the Swan or Dolphin over the next few months will find a useful option.
Thanks for the info!

I agree - it is weak compared to most of their recent offers. But I never pass up a chance to earn extra Starpoints so I'm signed up!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #192
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FozzieFan View Post
Well I did it.... after much debate this weekend and a failed attempt at renting DVC points for a studio at the Boardwalk or Beach Club, I'm booked for the Swan, for the first time, for 6 nights in October to enjoy food and wine!!! Worked out to a rate of 188 a night since I got one night free with the sunsational promo, couldn't resist!
Congrats! I'm sorry the points rental didn't work out, but I'm sure you will love your Swan stay.

I took advantage of the 6th night free promo for Christmas week.

What are your Food & Wine dates?

Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #193
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

Fozzie Fan- we're doing the same thing for my 40th Bday trip to F&W - boardwalk is my dream resort, but when I checked rates for our dates, the first two were $410 and the second two were$440 Eek! Of course with the festival DVC rental not gonna happen. But hey, this way I have a king size, super comfy bed, better coffee, and a gorgeous resort with a walk by the boardwalk bakery for $169 (nurses rate). So I get the same class of hotel, plus the savings will pay for the frunch, PFTS, a few seminars and the food booths and I will sleep better. Sounds like a win-win. We've also decided to take a tOwn car from the airport- no waits for a shuttle and a grocery stop for the essentials on the way
Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #194
KBecks
First 5-day trip to Boardwalk Inn in May!

Family of 5 at the Dolphin?

I am looking closely at the Dolphin for our next disney trip, we loved the Epcot area!

Looking at the room floor plans though, it looks like it would be very tight with a family of 5 in a dolphin room with a roll away. Has anyone tried 5 in a basic room with a rollaway and how did it work for you?

Our family is cozy, and we like being together.... but... we also don't want to step on each other and we want room for luggage and toys etc... we stayed in the Boardwalk and were fine.

I am reading some bad reviews on Trip Advisor (and I'm also reading bad reviews for our other possible places -- Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana..... )

It's a little scary. Also there are many complaints about the extra fees.

Anyway, please advise if you have done 5 in a room and how it worked for you. We have 3 boys, ages 8, 6 and 4.

Thank you!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #195
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBecks View Post
I am looking closely at the Dolphin for our next disney trip, we loved the Epcot area!

Looking at the room floor plans though, it looks like it would be very tight with a family of 5 in a dolphin room with a roll away. Has anyone tried 5 in a basic room with a rollaway and how did it work for you?

Our family is cozy, and we like being together.... but... we also don't want to step on each other and we want room for luggage and toys etc... we stayed in the Boardwalk and were fine.

I am reading some bad reviews on Trip Advisor (and I'm also reading bad reviews for our other possible places -- Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana..... )

It's a little scary. Also there are many complaints about the extra fees.

Anyway, please advise if you have done 5 in a room and how it worked for you. We have 3 boys, ages 8, 6 and 4.

Thank you!!!!
We were considering adding a rollaway, and someone respoded to me stating that there is plenty of room to do so at the Dolphin, but not at the Swan. I have a couple pictures they sent me of the rollaway in the room if you're interested (which they said was a decent size and very comfortable.)

However, we ultimately chose a suite instead. Our party consisted of all adults. By the time we paid the extra people charges and the rollaway charges it made it silly to get a rollaway. We got a great teacher rate on a suite, so that's the direction we went in. 3 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a LR, a DR, and a wet bar area...sold! We also stayed at the BWI (deluxe CL room,) and this suite will give us almost 3x the space for 1/2 the cost!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: