Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #1801
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

DOLPHIN would be my choice of those 2 by far.
My first choice during the holidays would be Wilderness Lodge but I'm not sure when the are fully decorated. They also may have WL discounts later for Nov.

Also, be sure and add the additional fees at the Dolphin and that there is NO free airport shuttle to the Dolphin. No DDP either. We usually drive down and pay out of pocket for meals so it's not a problem for us.

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) BLT with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
Old 02-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #1802
SDGal
Earning My Ears

The Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous, but I don't think it's in our budget... I read about all you guys staying at the AKL or the GF and it kinda boggles my mind.

Is this place really strict about being on topic? Because I have a few car rental questions ( pertaining to the Swolphin) too. Can someone point me in the right direction?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #1803
patty57
DIS Veteran

There is a Alamo & National car rental right in the lobby of the Dolphin. I don't know if that answers your question or not. There is also a transportation board on the DIS. Try your question here and see if we know.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #1804
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGal View Post
The Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous, but I don't think it's in our budget... I read about all you guys staying at the AKL or the GF and it kinda boggles my mind.

Is this place really strict about being on topic? Because I have a few car rental questions ( pertaining to the Swolphin) too. Can someone point me in the right direction?
The "transportation" board is a great place to ask questions about rental cars. You can also ask them here if they pertain to the Swan/Dolphin.

There is a car rental pick-up/drop-off at the Dolphin. I've never used it though.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #1805
Crazypredgirl
Earning My Ears

Stayed at the Dolphin in 2000. Loved loved it!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #1806
refinnej
Earning My Ears

Maybe I am beating a dead horse, but I can't find the answer.

Do I have in and out privileges for parking at the Swan?

Family Trips:
WDW Boardwalk July 2003 - DLR May 2010 - DLR May 2012 - WDW Swan March 2013 - WDW Swan November 2013
Old 02-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #1807
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Do you mean if you are staying there, paying and parking in self-parking? If so, then yes.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #1808
refinnej
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis View Post
Do you mean if you are staying there, paying and parking in self-parking? If so, then yes.
Sorry - I could have been clearer. I am staying at the Swan and will pay their resort fee. Can I get out and in without any issues, say if I want to run out for dinner or to the grocery store?

Family Trips:
WDW Boardwalk July 2003 - DLR May 2010 - DLR May 2012 - WDW Swan March 2013 - WDW Swan November 2013
Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #1809
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by refinnej View Post
Sorry - I could have been clearer. I am staying at the Swan and will pay their resort fee. Can I get out and in without any issues, say if I want to run out for dinner or to the grocery store?
You probably know this, but there is also a parking fee on top of the resort fee. I think it's $15/day. I've never had a car, but would assume that you can get in and out without a problem.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #1810
SDGal
Earning My Ears

So the resort fee is automatic, but doesn't include parking? We should figure $30 extra a night for hidden fees then?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #1811
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Yep, unfortunately . Bugs me--wish they'd roll the resort fee in with the room rate since you HAVE to pay it. But still rarely ever find comparable rates for a comparable Disney property, so I tell myself to get over it haha. But yes, if you pay to park, you just come and go in/out of the lot using your room key.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #1812
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGal View Post
Hi everyone! I just registered here and am posting for the first time. This coming November, my boyfriend and I will be vacationing at WDW for a week. First time for both of us after a successful trip to Disneyland last year. We have our hotel choice narrowed down to The Dolphin vs. The French Quarter. I'm trying to convince him that the Dolphin would be a more pleasant and relaxing vacation, but he thinks if we are staying at the park, it should be at a Disney resort. I'd really like some suggestions from old pros like all of you
Welcome to the dis, SDGal. With your screen name, you HAVE to stay at the S/D.

You will love the Dolphin, along with the Swan area. No looking back.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 02-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #1813
refinnej
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis
Yep, unfortunately . Bugs me--wish they'd roll the resort fee in with the room rate since you HAVE to pay it. But still rarely ever find comparable rates for a comparable Disney property, so I tell myself to get over it haha. But yes, if you pay to park, you just come and go in/out of the lot using your room key.
Thanks. I appreciate everyone's help!

Family Trips:
Old 02-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #1814
SDGal
Earning My Ears

Yes, thanks for the help guys!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #1815
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Anyone who has a vacation booked might want to call and see if their rates have dropped!

My parents just booked for 4 days in mid/late June for $169 a night. Last time they checked it was over $200. I called right after them to check on the cost of an executive Suites (same week) and they dropped $30 a night. So I called my brother and he got it changed to the better price saving over $200. now I just have to find a way to charge him a finders fee or something

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: