Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #1726
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Welcome to the dis, refinnej.

Not silly at all. 2, plus a very small, low table.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #1727
refinnej
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Welcome to the dis, refinnej.

Not silly at all. 2, plus a very small, low table.
Thanks Dan! Much appreciated.

Family Trips:
WDW Boardwalk July 2003 - DLR May 2010 - DLR May 2012 - WDW Swan March 2013 - WDW Swan November 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #1728
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123

Actually, they will. You can pick up your park package in the gift shops of both resorts.
Evidently YMMV. None would do it for me in the two trips I've tried it.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #1729
magsmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis View Post
We had no problem having a package delivered 2 years ago. Will be there in a few weeks and will check it out again.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #1730
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magsmum View Post
We had no problem having a package delivered 2 years ago. Will be there in a few weeks and will check it out again.
I have had items purchased in the parks delivered to Swan and Dolphin on each of my last four trips (most recent in September/October, 2012). Pick up was at the Disney gift store in each hotel. Perhaps you attempted to deliver an item too close in proximity to your check-out date?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #1731
Flews
Earning My Ears

Quote:
It's one of the stated benefits right on the home page here:

http://www.swandolphin.com/home.html

We've never had a problem in our many stays.

Cheers,
Old 01-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #1732
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Danish, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice, etc are available at both; the Java Bar at the Swan and the Lobby Lounge at the Dolphin (not so much a bar in the AM). I much prefer the Java.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.co...bar/index.html

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.co...nge/index.html

Picabu might also be an option at the Dolphin.

And the redone Patisserie in Epcot will now be opening at 9 AM rather than 11 AM.
I would love to wander over to France first thing in the morning!

Quote:
The WDW stores deliver to resorts (including the Swan and Dolphin) after 1:00 the following day. If you want same-day pick-up, you can have your purchases held at the front or rear (International Gateway) of the park.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #1733
2mom
Earning My Ears

We making our second trip to the world last time we stayed at the poly and loved the convince of it. I'm trying to be frugal this time and am looking at the swan. Sooo my question is will we regret not being on the monorails? We r doing 6 nights. 2 days( maybe more) will be at the water parks. Lots of time at Epcot and AK. A half day at MK. Looking forward to more of a relaxing trip playing at pool, drinking by the pool. We will eating TS at many different resorts Having used the monorail was so convenient to Epcot will the walk be a major bummer now? Thanks for anyone's input
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #1734
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mom View Post
We making our second trip to the world last time we stayed at the poly and loved the convince of it. I'm trying to be frugal this time and am looking at the swan. Sooo my question is will we regret not being on the monorails? We r doing 6 nights. 2 days( maybe more) will be at the water parks. Lots of time at Epcot and AK. A half day at MK. Looking forward to more of a relaxing trip playing at pool, drinking by the pool. We will eating TS at many different resorts Having used the monorail was so convenient to Epcot will the walk be a major bummer now? Thanks for anyone's input
The "walk" to Epcot is a major plus! The Grotto pool and the Cabana Bar are 2 other major pluses!!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #1735
dizzyblonde
Earning My Ears

Am I able to attach my Dolphin reservation to My Disney Experience account? I tried online after seeing that Swan & Dolphin were options to choose from under the hotel reservations section, but I've not been able to do so. I booked directly with the Dolphin if that makes a difference.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #1736
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL
I would love to wander over to France first thing in the morning!

The WDW stores deliver to resorts (including the Swan and Dolphin) after 1:00 the following day. If you want same-day pick-up, you can have your purchases held at the front or rear (International Gateway) of the park.
Just back today. Wonderful stay at the Dolphin, as usual!!! Beautiful room. Gorgeous weather. Lovely time spent with some of our friends and relatives in the area! We enjoyed Shula's, il Mulino, bluezoo, Fresh, and Cabana Bar! DD and my cousins said the new Taco area at Picabu was delicious!

Nancy- we stopped at the new pastry shop in France one morning. Oo la la! ;-). Reminded us of our time in Paris this past May! Chocolate crossionts were great!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #1737
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde
Am I able to attach my Dolphin reservation to My Disney Experience account? I tried online after seeing that Swan & Dolphin were options to choose from under the hotel reservations section, but I've not been able to do so. I booked directly with the Dolphin if that makes a difference.
I'm wondering this too although I really have zero interest in this whole magic band and scheduling Fastpasses in advance.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #1738
melliej
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mom View Post
The walk is one of our favorite things about staying at the Swan and other Epcot resorts. I don't like having to wait on transportation, especially after a park closes. We love ending a day at Epcot and then walking back to the resort after Illuminations.
YACHT CLUB: december 2010 • first disney trip for my husband & kids
CARIBBEAN BEACH: december 1997
CARIBBEAN BEACH: march 1989
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #1739
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873
I'm wondering this too although I really have zero interest in this whole magic band and scheduling Fastpasses in advance.
Add me to the list of people wanting to know, but I think we need to just give it some more time to sort itself out.

I'm hoping that enough info and some touring plans come out in advance enough to our trip in June. If the new FP+ has little effect on the old FP system, I may just stick with the old. If it does have a noticeable impact I may need to experiment, maybe get my 3 FP's for an afternoon and open the EMH at a different park?

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #1740
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
I have been checking every few days. Your post caused me to look yesterday. My AAA resort credit discount at the Dolphin dropped $9 a night! An extra $54 for me.
I just checked again. The Dolphin AAA rate had dropped again! Now at $151 for AAA resort credit rate. When I clicked on "continue" it kept reverting back to $170.10, the rate that I now have. I called in-house reservations and asked about it, and they honored the $151/night rate. Between the two drops in price, the rate is now $28 less per night! I'm a happy girl.
Check your rates everyone!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: