Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #1711
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

You can grab that kind of stuff right in the Swan lobby. Its actually a little nook on the left when you are on your way out towards the dock.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #1712
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Danish, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice, etc are available at both; the Java Bar at the Swan and the Lobby Lounge at the Dolphin (not so much a bar in the AM). I much prefer the Java.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.co...bar/index.html

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.co...nge/index.html

Picabu might also be an option at the Dolphin.

And the redone Patisserie in Epcot will now be opening at 9 AM rather than 11 AM.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #1713
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoglund View Post
Can anyone recommend a good/cheap bakery near the Swan? We are travelling at the end of January, and were planning on going to the Main Street Bakery at the Magic Kingdom, or the Boardwalk Bakery, but it looks like both will be closed for refurbishment at the time that we're going to be there... We're not big breakfast people, so we'd just like to grab a fresh danish, croissant, etc. and get going in the morning.

Thanks!
You can grab a quick breakfast to go at Picabu, in the Dolphin, but I also read in the Disney Parks Blog that Tomorrowland Terrace will be serving breakfast while the Main Street Bakery is closed for renovations, and a temporary breakfast kiosk has been set up on the Boardwalk while the Boardwalk Bakery is closed.

In addition, the renovated Les Halles Bakery in the France pavillion in World Showcase will open early (9am) to accommodate guests looking for breakfast in Epcot.
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....Next: 12/14 Swan
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel

Old 01-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #1714
hoglund
Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone for their prompt replies on advice on bakeries.

I have a couple more questions...

1. Where is the best/closest place to go and get groceries?
2. Can we buy things at the parks and have them delivered to the hotel, or is that only for Disney owned hotels?

Thanks again!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #1715
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Depends on what groceries you need. The Screen Door shop right next door at Boardwalk has a limited selection as does the Hess Station across the road from the BW entrance. Both are easily walkable.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #1716
mademluc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I don't have answers, mademluc, but maybe someone here will be able to help.
Thanks Dan. I wish I could just find a little more information about the deluxe alcove rooms. What's the difference between them and a premium studio? Are there a lot of these types of room? Do most have king beds or dbls? If they're not that much bigger than a regular room maybe it would be smarter for us to just book that and get a rollaway. Or maybe bring our own aerobed, I didn't know they allowed that but that sounds great as well. I'm just so

Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #1717
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Does this help at all?

http://www.swandolphin.com/accommoda...xe_alcove.html

http://www.swandolphin.com/accommoda...n_premium.html

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #1718
mademluc
Mouseketeer

Yes, of course, but its the "configurations vary widely" that I was just wondering about. Also, "nestled in the corners with striking views" is intriguing. Does that mean there are no bad views in a deluxe alcove? So, if anyone out there has stayed at the Dolphin in a deluxe alcove could they share their experience?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #1719
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Until someone answers, try searching this thread.........

Use this....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....o_threadsearch

Put in alcove.

You can also go to the first post on this thread and get the link to the prior S/D thread, and then from there the prior and I think maybe one more, to search those prior threads too.

Why she runs.....

dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #1720
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Now that we have our rooms booked for June, I think I'm going to take others advice and check back periodicaly to see of we can get a better rate. I do have a few questions about that though. Also we booked an executive suite, so we can't check the rates online, we have to call.

1) When you call do you get prices like as a "new" person or do you say upfront that you have already booked a room, but want to check if prices have dropped?

2) How often do you call? Every few weeks, weekly or multiple times a week? I know it well very by person, but just curious what others do.

3) Is their any certain time or number that are better than other?

4) My brother booked, but I would probably be the one checking. If they quote a better price should Itry to get it changed or contact my brother, since its on his card, and have him change it (hoping he gets the same price)

Sorry if I rattled on too much, but would like others feedback.

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
Old 01-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #1721
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Minnie View Post
FYI: Be sure and check the rates for your Dolphin/Swan reservations even after you book. Today the Epcot fireworks room (AAA rate) was the the same as the resort-view I had booked so I called and switched it. It was a great upgrade for our upcoming anniversary trip in February!
Quote:
Originally Posted by magsmum View Post
Thanks for posting this. I have been more focused on checking our airline prices- room rates have not really dropped for my stay since July. Your post prompted me to check and I've dropped my nightly rate! I am now in a rate range that is more in keeping with what I have been able to book in the past for President's Week. Now off to check airlines, rental car and BOG openings to see if my luck holds for anywhere else!

Thanks!
I saw these posts the other day and checked my dates and the rate was still the same. I decided to check again today and they're now lower by $23/night!
So, on top of the C&P deal I got and now the lower rate with my AAA rate nights, it's quite a bargain. So happy!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #1722
ahutton
WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoglund View Post
Thanks to everyone for their prompt replies on advice on bakeries.

I have a couple more questions...

1. Where is the best/closest place to go and get groceries?
2. Can we buy things at the parks and have them delivered to the hotel, or is that only for Disney owned hotels?

Thanks again!
We have used GardenGrocer.com for grocery orders and have always been very happy with their service. They give a 2 hour delivery window that we generally pick on check-in day between 4-6 PM which means the room is almost certainly ready and we are unpacking when they arrive. It is a great option for a first order, and then we pick up additional items at Screen Door (Boardwalk), Hess or in the lobby shops.

I have never tried to have purchases shipped back to Swan/Dolphin - I look forward to seeing the answer to that!

Proud Second Generation SwanDolphin Cheerleader
Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #1723
cgattis
DIS Veteran

No, the park shops will not deliver purchases to the Swan/Dolphin.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #1724
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis View Post
No, the park shops will not deliver purchases to the Swan/Dolphin.
Actually, they will. You can pick up your park package in the gift shops of both resorts.
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....Next: 12/14 Swan
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel

Old 01-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #1725
refinnej
Earning My Ears

I realize I am going to ask a really silly question as my first one here!

I am staying at the Swan 3/23-3/28 (EEK! Spring break!) and are getting a balcony room. Now my silly question: are there chairs on the balcony?

Thanks!

Family Trips:
WDW Boardwalk July 2003 - DLR May 2010 - DLR May 2012 - WDW Swan March 2013 - WDW Swan November 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: