Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #1696
mademluc
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone I have booked our first ever stay at the Dolphin as part of a split stay with Boardwalk CL celebrating my eldest daughter's high school graduation. I've been reading this thread from the beginning but have only reached page 63 so please forgive me if I'm asking about stuff that is obvious to all. We're staying the beginning of August and I got a AAA rate for a Deluxe Alcove room for $278.10 (before taxes, resort fees, etc). Does this seem reasonable? I thought that it sounded like there would be more room for everyone (3 teenage girls, 17, 16 & 16) as opposed to a regular room with 2 doubles and a rollaway. Can anyone tell me anymore about a deluxe alcove room? Are there many? Do some have nice views and others not so much? I appreciate any and all thoughts on the matter and once again ask for your forbearance regarding my missing 60 pages of reading

Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #1697
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

FYI: Be sure and check the rates for your Dolphin/Swan reservations even after you book. Today the Epcot fireworks room (AAA rate) was the the same as the resort-view I had booked so I called and switched it. It was a great upgrade for our upcoming anniversary trip in February!

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) BLT with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #1698
calmpets
DIS Veteran

Any word on when they will announce the dates for the 2013 SD Food & Wine Classic?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #1699
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliej View Post
We stayed for 5 nights on points last spring. I booked over the phone, but noticed online that our stay mentioned 2 Adults/0 Kids (though it was for a queen/queen room). When I called to mention that we did have 2 children, they said the "kid count" didn't really matter, just the # of adults in the room and that we were fine. You can book online and always call to mention you will be traveling with children to cover yourself. Happy planning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Yes, I agree, melliej! In fact, often times when I hit the "reserve" button, I later notice my reservation is for 1 adult!!! (with my travel pattern, I guess that's what it defaults to!) As long as you book the 2-bed option (not the King room, which is also available to book Cash&Points), there won't be any problems at check-in.
Thanks! I did wind up booking it the other day -- used C&P for my first 2 nights and the other 3 with the AAA rate (renting points at BLT 1 BR after the Swan). I booked by phone but the online confirmation states "2 adults/0 children" -- it does show 2 Queen beds, though. I will call the S/D directly at some point to make sure it's noted. I'm so happy to have learned on here about C&P being available -- it saved me quite a bit of money.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #1700
magsmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Minnie View Post
FYI: Be sure and check the rates for your Dolphin/Swan reservations even after you book. Today the Epcot fireworks room (AAA rate) was the the same as the resort-view I had booked so I called and switched it. It was a great upgrade for our upcoming anniversary trip in February!
Thanks for posting this. I have been more focused on checking our airline prices- room rates have not really dropped for my stay since July. Your post prompted me to check and I've dropped my nightly rate! I am now in a rate range that is more in keeping with what I have been able to book in the past for President's Week. Now off to check airlines, rental car and BOG openings to see if my luck holds for anywhere else!

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #1701
TheCapellsMom
Mouseketeer

Hi! This is the first time I am considering a Swan/Dolphin stay rather than a WDW resort- and I am feeling completely lost!

Can somebody please tell me what a C&P is? And are there any other hints for getting a good room deal?
Thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #1702
patty57
DIS Veteran

C&P is Cash & Points...using your Starwood points and cash for a room. Swan/Dolphin usually has a good discount for AAA and some other groups, nurses, teachers etc. Go to their website and check under "special offers".
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #1703
TheCapellsMom
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Patty57!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #1704
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

magsmum: Glad I could help. Hope you get a better air price too. We usually drive down but I have seen some GREAT rates on Southwest this week for Orlando/MCO.

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) BLT with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #1705
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Are they refurbing the Grotto pool? I heard there were problems.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #1706
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Looks like our second stay at the SD is official! Today my brother booked an executive suite for the week of June 18th - 25th. Now the tough part, waiting.

Last edited by mikegood2; 01-13-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #1707
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been checking every few days. Your post caused me to look yesterday. My AAA resort credit discount at the Dolphin dropped $9 a night! An extra $54 for me.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #1708
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
Hi everyone I have booked our first ever stay at the Dolphin as part of a split stay with Boardwalk CL celebrating my eldest daughter's high school graduation. I've been reading this thread from the beginning but have only reached page 63 so please forgive me if I'm asking about stuff that is obvious to all. We're staying the beginning of August and I got a AAA rate for a Deluxe Alcove room for $278.10 (before taxes, resort fees, etc). Does this seem reasonable? I thought that it sounded like there would be more room for everyone (3 teenage girls, 17, 16 & 16) as opposed to a regular room with 2 doubles and a rollaway. Can anyone tell me anymore about a deluxe alcove room? Are there many? Do some have nice views and others not so much? I appreciate any and all thoughts on the matter and once again ask for your forbearance regarding my missing 60 pages of reading
I don't have answers, mademluc, but maybe someone here will be able to help.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #1709
magsmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
magsmum: Glad I could help. Hope you get a better air price too. We usually drive down but I have seen some GREAT rates on Southwest this week for Orlando/MCO.
Airfare rates out of New England for that week are ridiculous. I thought I could get most of us rt on points, but only got 4 one way tickets and had to pay for the rest. Rates have been jumping around. We were flying out of an airport 1.5 hours away b/c of fares, but I have been able to rebook our flight down out of the airport closer to us.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #1710
hoglund
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Looking for Bakery

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap bakery near the Swan? We are travelling at the end of January, and were planning on going to the Main Street Bakery at the Magic Kingdom, or the Boardwalk Bakery, but it looks like both will be closed for refurbishment at the time that we're going to be there... We're not big breakfast people, so we'd just like to grab a fresh danish, croissant, etc. and get going in the morning.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: