Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #1516
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
Nancy,

To make the AAA discount even more confusing --
The AAA "diamond" card you mention gets you a discount at some of the Swolphin restaurants that don't give a discount for the traditional AAA membership card.

For example:
Kimonos -- AAA Diamond
Picabu -- AAA membership
Cabanas -- AAA Diamond (I think)
Fountain -- AAA membership
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Thanks for the info. Fresh offers a discount for regular AAA members. In the theme parks, the AAA discount for behind the scenes tours is for those with the Diamond card.
Picabu also takes regular AAA for a 20% discount. I think the Cabanas does also.

The so-called 'signature' restaurants take the TiW card.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #1517
jmpurdy
DIS Veteran

Can you purchase a bottle of wine on-site? Do not see this on pantry menu. If not, does the Hess station have this and is that walkable? Thank you!
January 2012 - BCV
January 2011 - BWV
May 2011 - Disney Dream
July 2010 - CBR
January 2010 - SSR
May 2009 - OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #1518
amcooper
WorldTraveler

Discounts 12/9-12/13

Hi all,

If you plan on visiting WDW during this time the Swan or Dolphin can both be booked for $121.21 per night. It's a 12/12/12 promotional discount for newsletter subscribers but I assume if you know the code it won't be a problem.

Call 888-828-8850 and ask for rate code: TWELVE.

Last edited by amcooper; 11-27-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #1519
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcooper View Post
....It's a 12/12/12 promotional discount for newsletter subscribers but I assume if you know the code it won't be a problem.....
And here is the link to sign up for the newsletter if you do not already get it.

http://www.swandolphin.com/signup/index.html

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #1520
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all,

If you plan on visiting WDW during this time the Swan or Dolphin can both be booked for $121.21 per night. It's a 12/12/12 promotional discount for newsletter subscribers but I assume if you know the code it won't be a problem.

Wow! I just signed up for the newsletter. I wonder if I will get the copy that lists the promotion?! I will call and see if I can get the rate for our trip - thank you!

Update: just called and it's for 12/9 - 12/13. Oh well - still getting a great AAA rate!

Thank you for the tip on the newsletter - looking forward to receiving it!

Last edited by Marthasor; 11-27-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #1521
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpurdy
Can you purchase a bottle of wine on-site? Do not see this on pantry menu. If not, does the Hess station have this and is that walkable? Thank you!
Bottles of wine are sold at the store on the Boardwalk called Threads and Thimbles. One end of the store is a mini grocery store. It is a short walk from the Swan.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #1522
santa's surpriz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all,

Is the code only for new reservations? I am already booked with an allears discount, but that would save me another $250!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #1523
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa's surpriz View Post
Is the code only for new reservations? I am already booked with an allears discount, but that would save me another $250!
Call the resort (888-828-8850), give them the code ("TWELVE") and ask them to apply the rate to your existing reservation!

Old 11-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #1524
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa's surpriz View Post
It's worth a shot! Otherwise, if you haven't prepaid and you aren't within a cancellation penalty period, you could always cancel your existing reservation and re-book. The offer is for 12/9 - 12/13. Good luck!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #1525
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

I have two questions - I see we can get 2 hours free at Camp Dolphin with the purchase of an adult entree at bluezoo. Do you have to enroll your child in the camp on the evening you go to bluezoo? Or can you use it another night? I am planning on taking my DS5 for dinner at bluezoo on a Friday and thought it might be nice to enroll him in Camp Dolphin the next evening - just wondering if they would accept my Friday night receipt?

Also (I asked this in another thread), I booked the Dolphin, but keep hearing how wonderful the Swan is. Is there a big difference? I heard you get double beds at the Dolphin and queens at the Swan, which is ok for our upcoming trip. Any other pros or cons? Thank you so much!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #1526
jmpurdy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
Bottles of wine are sold at the store on the Boardwalk called Threads and Thimbles. One end of the store is a mini grocery store. It is a short walk from the Swan.
Ah, I remember that store now! We stayed at BW a couple of years ago. Forgot about the mini=store part. We bought items there. Thank you for the reminder!
January 2012 - BCV
January 2011 - BWV
May 2011 - Disney Dream
July 2010 - CBR
January 2010 - SSR
May 2009 - OKW
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #1527
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Hi everyone!

I have two questions - I see we can get 2 hours free at Camp Dolphin with the purchase of an adult entree at bluezoo. Do you have to enroll your child in the camp on the evening you go to bluezoo? Or can you use it another night? I am planning on taking my DS5 for dinner at bluezoo on a Friday and thought it might be nice to enroll him in Camp Dolphin the next evening - just wondering if they would accept my Friday night receipt?

Also (I asked this in another thread), I booked the Dolphin, but keep hearing how wonderful the Swan is. Is there a big difference? I heard you get double beds at the Dolphin and queens at the Swan, which is ok for our upcoming trip. Any other pros or cons? Thank you so much!
I don't know the answer to your question about Camp Dolphin, but I suspect you get 2 free hours of child care only while the adults enjoy dinner. I think the idea is to discourage people from bringing young children into the more adult restaurants.

Each resort has its advantages. I prefer the Swan because most rooms have a sink inside the bathroom, plus another sink outside. The Dolphin's rooms have one sink outside the bathroom. The buses to the MK, AK, and DD pick-up and drop-off at the Swan before the Dolphin. The Swan is closer to the Boardwalk - for those who like to walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. The Swan is also half the size of the Dolphin, so it's easier to get around.

The Dolphin has a fabulous lobby that makes you say "WOW" the moment you see it. The Dolphin also has the laundry room, game room, ice cream (Dolphin Fountain), and Picabu (24-hour buffeteria). My first 4 stays were at the Dolphin, and I didn't think anything could be better - until I stayed at the Swan!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #1528
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I don't know the answer to your question about Camp Dolphin, but I suspect you get 2 free hours of child care only while the adults enjoy dinner. I think the idea is to discourage people from bringing young children into the more adult restaurants.

Each resort has its advantages. I prefer the Swan because most rooms have a sink inside the bathroom, plus another sink outside. The Dolphin's rooms have one sink outside the bathroom. The buses to the MK, AK, and DD pick-up and drop-off at the Swan before the Dolphin. The Swan is closer to the Boardwalk - for those who like to walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. The Swan is also half the size of the Dolphin, so it's easier to get around.

The Dolphin has a fabulous lobby that makes you say "WOW" the moment you see it. The Dolphin also has the laundry room, game room, ice cream (Dolphin Fountain), and Picabu (24-hour buffeteria). My first 4 stays were at the Dolphin, and I didn't think anything could be better - until I stayed at the Swan!
Yikes - I don't know whether to stay at the Dolphin or switch to the Swan!!

Anxious to hear about the 2 hours at Camp Dolphin. I understand bluezoo is a more upscale restaurant, but they have a kids menu, so it seems to be welcoming children. I wouldn't have made the reservation otherwise. Perhaps the 2 free hours has more to do with giving parents a break than discouraging them from bringing the children to the restaurant? Either way, I can't wait to try it!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #1529
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Yikes - I don't know whether to stay at the Dolphin or switch to the Swan!!

Anxious to hear about the 2 hours at Camp Dolphin. I understand bluezoo is a more upscale restaurant, but they have a kids menu, so it seems to be welcoming children. I wouldn't have made the reservation otherwise. Perhaps the 2 free hours has more to do with giving parents a break than discouraging them from bringing the children to the restaurant? Either way, I can't wait to try it!
If a restaurant has a children's menu, then it intends to welcome children. AllEars.net doesn't list a children's menu for Shula's, so perhaps that is less child-friendly.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #1530
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

I am having a wonderful time at the Disney Swan Dolphin. I am trying to upload some more photos to photobucket, but having issues transferring photos from Windows Live Photo to photobucket. Still working on it.

I did learn some new things for me.

The coffe maker can use one coffee pod to make up to three separate cups of coffee with the supplied cup. Just fill you coffee cup with water from the supplied water bottle and then pour it in the top of the coffee maker. Place the coffee pod in. Hit the brew button and done.

The three supplied coffee pods are called caffeinated or decafeonated "Starbucks Medium/Moyenne Africa Kitamu floral and subtle spice ground coffee."

I'll try and post photos later. Great breakfasts Garden Grove buffet with fresh made omelettes.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: