Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #1501
Zooteach1@yahoo.com
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
The free parking pass is showing your room key they will give it to you if you tell them you are driving to the park(I'm assuming you are going to either MK or AK) We checked into the Swan on Thanksgiving morning and our room was not ready and they offered a key but we had to change the key when we got back
Great, thanks for the information. Yes, we plan to go to DAK tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #1502
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

First time staying at the Dolphin during the holidays. Is there anything must see at the Swan and Dolphin at this time? Anything special going on?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #1503
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
First time staying at the Dolphin during the holidays. Is there anything must see at the Swan and Dolphin at this time? Anything special going on?
They have so many things scheduled for the holidays! Hope I can post this link to the holiday calendar:

http://www.santasfavoriteresort.com/calendar2012.pdf

We have never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin, but will be there mid-December. I still can't believe how much they have going on for the holidays and such great rates! We are very excited!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #1504
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
They have so many things scheduled for the holidays! Hope I can post this link to the holiday calendar:

http://www.santasfavoriteresort.com/calendar2012.pdf

We have never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin, but will be there mid-December. I still can't believe how much they have going on for the holidays and such great rates! We are very excited!
Thank you so much for this! Looks like there is tons of stuff going on..cannot wait!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #1505
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

I checked into the beautiful Disney Swan Resort this afternoon and everything has been outstanding and wonderful. The Valet helped me put my mobility scooter together and we had a nice conversation

The front desk was so helpful. I didn't realize that they had handheld showers in the room, because I usually bring my own. Housekeeping was so prompt and brought a shower mat and chair for my needs.

Every single one of the staff were very friendly and helpful and seemed to go above and beyond the call of duty.

My plans were to go to the DHS Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights or the MK Wishes and/or parade, but after working this weekend and driving down for eight hours, I decided to figure out how to setup my laptop with the wifi. I am very computer iliterate.

I took three photos below.

I am in room 322 and the room is beautiful and comfortable. I will try to post later this week or take more photos.

If my memory is correct, I was told that the AAA discount is good if you have the "diamond" AAA card. I don't really know if this is an upper level card. My AAA card doesn't say diamond anywhere.

I was also told that after accepting the $5.00 per day voucher for "green" program of no daily cleaning, that I could still ask for more coffee and water bottles and that they would clean the room anyway after four days or every four days, which seems nice.

As I said, I am very tired, so maybe someone else can confirm my information.

I have unpacked, and ready to take a long hot shower and then hit the "Heavenly Bed". I probably won't wake up for over 12 hours since I have been up over 26 hours.

It was 31 degrees, Monday morning when I left Atlanta this morning and now it is short sleeve weather when the sun was out.

My plan tomorrow is to take it slow and enjoy a nice breakfast in the Swan buffet restaurant with the tree thing.

Then make my way over to Epcot for the DVC Merry Mixer and afterwards to MVMCP or DHS to enjoy the Osborne Family Spectacle of dancing lights.

Here is a photo from the balcony looking from the Swan toward the Swan beach and pool area and causeway toward the Dolphin. The sun has set.

Which Heavenly bed should I chose? I may not have a choice. I am so tired that I may just sleep in the closet one to the shower. I can't wait.

I'm a happy boy...yes I am. I brought my Mickey Mouse Christmas Tree to keep me company as my night light. It uses fiber optics and changes colors.

Oh...I am also a terrible photographer by the way.

Good night.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #1506
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Ray, I'm so glad you got to WDW safely and are enjoying the beautiful Swan!

The AAA discount at some Swan and Dolphin restaurants is for any AAA member. The AAA "diamond" card is something you get when you book a package through AAA, and it gives you preferred parking at the theme parks and some discounts in the park.

Enjoy your Heavenly Bed tonight, and the parks beginning tomorrow! I'll arrive on Friday.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #1507
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

What a great post, Ray! I love your Mickey tree! Have a fantastic trip!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #1508
Dan Murphy
We are family.

And I have to wait until next Tuesday.

Great to see you are checked in, Ray. You'll love it. And you are doing pretty good for being computer illiterate....we are looking at pictures you just took a bit ago. I'd say that is pretty literate, LOL. See you next week. Nancy too.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #1509
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful time, Ray! The smile on your face says it all!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #1510
guppy1013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

The AAA discount at some Swan and Dolphin restaurants is for any AAA member. The AAA "diamond" card is something you get when you book a package through AAA, and it gives you preferred parking at the theme parks and some discounts in the park.

Enjoy your Heavenly Bed tonight, and the parks beginning tomorrow! I'll arrive on Friday.
We arrive Friday too!!!! BEYOND EXCITED. Assuming IL is Illinois....we are your Midwest Ohio neighbors. Let's kick this snow and get to Orlando!!!!

July 2014: VGF/BWV split stay
Jan. 2014: AKL-KV- 1st DVC stay
2013- Purchase DVC
Dec. 2012: Swan- 1st family trip!; Dec. 2006: Dolphin; Feb. 2003: WL/ BWV; Feb. 2001: All Star Music

Many previous trips prior to meeting each other!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #1511
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppy1013 View Post
We arrive Friday too!!!! BEYOND EXCITED. Assuming IL is Illinois....we are your Midwest Ohio neighbors. Let's kick this snow and get to Orlando!!!!
Hello, Ohio neighbors! My husband said he saw a few snowflakes as he drove home from work tonight, but no other snow. Bet my car will be covered with it at the airport when I return home in mid-December!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #1512
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post

Nancy,

To make the AAA discount even more confusing --
The AAA "diamond" card you mention gets you a discount at some of the Swolphin restaurants that don't give a discount for the traditional AAA membership card.

For example:
Kimonos -- AAA Diamond
Picabu -- AAA membership
Cabanas -- AAA Diamond (I think)
Fountain -- AAA membership
Old 11-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #1513
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
Nancy,

To make the AAA discount even more confusing --
The AAA "diamond" card you mention gets you a discount at some of the Swolphin restaurants that don't give a discount for the traditional AAA membership card.

For example:
Kimonos -- AAA Diamond
Picabu -- AAA membership
Cabanas -- AAA Diamond (I think)
Fountain -- AAA membership
Thanks for the info. Fresh offers a discount for regular AAA members. In the theme parks, the AAA discount for behind the scenes tours is for those with the Diamond card.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #1514
patty57
DIS Veteran

Have a fantastic time all of you December travelers!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #1515
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Have a magical stay!

Ray, I am happy you are pleased with the Swan. We prefer the Swan and have always had a positive experience.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: