Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #76
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

In case anyone is at the resort at the moment and over Easter, both the POR and POFQ gift shops are offering pre-made and made-to-order Easter Baskets from today (Weds) until Easter Sunday. They can be ordered in advance and held for pickup.

I should be able to post the full Easter Sunday recreation schedules on Friday, so keep watching here or on http://www.portorleans.org/recreatio...s-schedule.php. (Oh, and in case anyone wants to, you can also follow updates via social media on www.facebook.com/portorleans.org or on Twitter at @PortOrleansOrg or by RSS at http://www.portorleans.org/portorleans-news-rss.xml)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #77
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaG4Kids View Post
I have had a terrible, crappy day...BUT THIS MADE ME LAUGH!!! Thank you! My DH was shocked that I cracked a smile, let alone start cracking up out loud!
Glad I was able to put a smile on your day. Hope the rest of your week is better.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #78
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunmcbunny View Post
Same thing happened to us & we called too. We encountered no problems whatsoever. Got right on the bus and only waited about 5 minutes before the bus left the airport.

As long as you have an ME voucher for everyone in your party you should be fine.
THat's what I figure it's more wrong flight wrong airline that has me ticked as it would mean person would get to airport to late for correct flight home. I'll call and fix stuff Thurs when I've got more time to spend on phone.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #79
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Fire14-
I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to my documents because I added a one night "room only" on to the beginning of our package reservation a couple of days ago. That will mean two separate reservation numbers.
I called Magical Express to give them the new arrival date but I have a feeling it won't go well. My OCD doesn't do well when things aren't correct!!!

Carla
When it comes to ME they should do just fine. A couple of years ago we ended up getting bumped to an earlier flight because of a blizzard coming in. So on the way to the airport I was calling WDW to see if we could add a night, and let ME know. It went off without a hitch. 4-5 hours later we were checking into our resort, we had a nice room, ME brought our bags the next am with no issues. I know others have complained about ME, but I have only had one issue (knock on wood). An extra day shouldn't cause too much trouble!
05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all!
Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #80
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone, I'm sure everything will be fine!! We are going to Disney World for 10 nights that's all that matters, right?

I can't wait!!!

Carla
Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #81
BDL
DIS Veteran

Jumping on board from the other thread. Thanks Andre.

Been a multi-time visitor to POR and LOVED every visit. There is not a more peaceful and serene, yet fun resort in all of Disney-dom. This Dec, we're even stepping up. We'll be travelling with family and are staying in the Royal Guest Rooms.

Already can't wait for our mid-trip relaxation day that starts with the boat ride to Downtown Disney. Mindless shopping, easy pace and when we get back, just walking the grounds and taking in the scenery.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #82
NokOnHarts
Mouseketeer

Slides

What are the height minimum and maximums for the water slides at POR and POFQ?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #83
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NokOnHarts View Post
What are the height minimum and maximums for the water slides at POR and POFQ?
No limits that I know of.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #84
NokOnHarts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No limits that I know of.

Andre

Thanks Andre! Do you know what the general schedule is for refurbishments of the pool/slide areas? I wasn't sure if it's once a year or if it happens at a certain time of year. We're arriving in November and hoping to use the pool and slide.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #85
Rorey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
Waving from GF, too!
LOL Hey Erin!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

I should be able to post the full Easter Sunday recreation schedules on Friday, so keep watching here or on http://www.portorleans.org/recreatio...s-schedule.php. (Oh, and in case anyone wants to, you can also follow updates via social media on www.facebook.com/portorleans.org or on Twitter at @PortOrleansOrg or by RSS at http://www.portorleans.org/portorleans-news-rss.xml)

Andre
Thanks Andre, just liked the page on FB!

MY AAA person got back to me that she added my room request, so one more thing out of the way!

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #86
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I just opened up my DME documents that arrived yesterday and they are correct. That makes me so glad.

My trip is so much closer now. All I have left to do is finish up my ADR's (yes, I'm behind as usual. LOL) and everything will be set.

I also have to look at the map and see where the laundry room is. I figure I'll probably do a load of laundry this trip while I hang out at the pool one afternoon.

Connie

WDW: 15 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: AKL, BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
Old 04-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #87
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

Woo! Excited for all those booked

I still have a ways to go ... I want to start planning my days but the park hours aren't available yet. And I still have 2 months til I cn start making ADRs, really hope I can book the new 'Be Our Guest' restaurant!

Ok, more coffee
Old 04-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #88
sadossey
Mouseketeer

Only 3 weeks and 9 days til we check in to PoR for our first WDW vacation!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #89
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

LMAO !!! Sure makes it sound better than 4 weeks and 2 days? LOL

Some people will do most anything to get to WDW sooner. My! Have a great time.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #90
songkat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadossey View Post
Only 3 weeks and 9 days til we check in to PoR for our first WDW vacation!
You're going to love it! POR was my first on-site hotel, and I love it - so glad to be returning after a long hiatus.

I'm in the single digits now!!! (until I hit the road for the long drive, that is...)
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: