Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #61
motherof4
Mouseketeer
 
motherof4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
We arrive at the Port next Wednesday 4/11. We'll be celebrating DD's 15th birthday by staying at MK until 3am on 4/15. ADRs at PTC, CP, Sci Fi, and Tony's.

We were there during the March Break, had so much fun and this was the first year our kids were able to make it to the 3AM closing at MK! Something really magical at being there till 3AM, last ride we rode was Astro Orbitor, so cool being up there late at night! Have fun!
motherof4 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #62
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess
 
scottmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Western PA
Posts: 2,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
If you look at the map in the first post, River View regular rooms are in buildings 14, 27, 38, Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. Of those, all of them are already refurbished except for 27 - and that one may well be closed for its refit by the time you're there anyway. So your odds are already pretty good for getting a refurbed room, and adding a request as well should make it very unlikely indeed that you'd get one of the few older rooms in 27. So don't panic, and I hope you enjoy POR as much as I do.

Andre
Thanks Andre! Now for the million dollar question that I seem to get a conflicting answer on - are there elevators? My BELIEF is yes there are in ALL of the mansions but there are NONE in AB. I really need an elevator in my bulding. Would my room request be safe to state "mansion w/ elevator". Since I booked River View room I believe my mansion equates to either Magnolia or Arcadian. Is one nicer than the other or decorated different or closer to the foodcourt? Maps confuse me as nothing is to scale!!!!! I appreciate your input.Thank you. Melisa
__________________
ME
DH
DD
DP
scottmel is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #63
hunmcbunny
Mouseketeer
 
hunmcbunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Quaker Springs, NY
Posts: 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Thanks Andre! Now for the million dollar question that I seem to get a conflicting answer on - are there elevators? My BELIEF is yes there are in ALL of the mansions but there are NONE in AB. I really need an elevator in my bulding. Would my room request be safe to state "mansion w/ elevator". Since I booked River View room I believe my mansion equates to either Magnolia or Arcadian. Is one nicer than the other or decorated different or closer to the foodcourt? Maps confuse me as nothing is to scale!!!!! I appreciate your input.Thank you. Melisa
We stayed at Magnolia & had riverview....we requested 1st floor. Its beautiful...honestly I think all the mansions are beautiful. For Magnolia or Arcadian take the bridge to the pool which will take you to the bridge towards the food court & main building. It only took me a couple of minutes to get to the food court and our room was on the end closest to Oak.

I would just put in a request for ground floor since riverview rooms will be close to the walkways.
__________________



1st Trip - March 2012 POR Magnolia Terrace Riverview
2nd Trip - August 2015 or 2016
Kristie aka hunmcbunny 46 , Brian 44 aka Hubster , Michelle7 aka Princess
hunmcbunny is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #64
crazyboutdisny
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 162

At POR now....love it! We have had a great stay! In a new garden view room w queen beds!. Its awesome! Chillin by the pool right now cause MK is a zoo!! Crowds have been very manageable until yesterday. Extra magic hours til 3am at the MK on Sunday were the best! Walked on everything...no wait! Ate at 1900 Park Fare last night....was so much fun!! Character interaction was amazing! Headed to Chef Mickeys tonight and closing out our vaca at MK til 1am. Don't want to leave tomorrow Already thinking about when we can come back!
__________________


March 2012 POR
Oct 2010 POP
June 2001*offsite*
May 1998 *offsite*
crazyboutdisny is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #65
crazyboutdisny
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherof4 View Post
We were there during the March Break, had so much fun and this was the first year our kids were able to make it to the 3AM closing at MK! Something really magical at being there till 3AM, last ride we rode was Astro Orbitor, so cool being up there late at night! Have fun!
.

Dumbo at night is so cool....with the colored lights and water!
__________________


March 2012 POR
Oct 2010 POP
June 2001*offsite*
May 1998 *offsite*
crazyboutdisny is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #66
Rorey
Mouseketeer
 
Rorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Looks like I'm joining this thread. Just switched from CBR to POR Royal room Garden View. I always thought I would never pay for a themed room but I guess I was wrong.
Yay Kelly!! I'm so glad you switched, I think you will just love the RR!
__________________

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Rorey is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #67
WINTER
DIS Veteran
 
WINTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,231

Just booked a POR Royal Guest Room for end of May! Sooo looking forward to it!
__________________
15 trips stayed off site; '87 Viscount (DTD); '89 Howard Johnson (DTD); '95 Travelodge (DTD); '96 CBR; '05, '06, '09, '10 Pop Century; '07 Royal Plaza (DTD); 6/11 W/L; 5/12 POR; 7/12 BW Plus Park Place Inn at D'Land; 6/13 D'Land BW Plus Park Place Inn; 7/13 W/L; 10/13 Bonnet Creek; 7/14 CR TPV. ]



Last edited by WINTER; 04-04-2012 at 09:43 PM.
WINTER is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #68
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.
 
Fire14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ashley, OH/ Holland, MI
Posts: 8,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Fire14-
I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to my documents because I added a one night "room only" on to the beginning of our package reservation a couple of days ago. That will mean two separate reservation numbers.
I called Magical Express to give them the new arrival date but I have a feeling it won't go well. My OCD doesn't do well when things aren't correct!!!

Carla
It will be fine might just need to call for luggafe but sure it will be ok. in my case they got one person on wrong flight/wrong airline both ways and no info for 2 of us. i will be calling to get stuff fixed but waiting a day or 2 to see if correct info comes.
__________________
Fire14 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #69
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran
 
goofyredraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorey View Post
Yay Kelly!! I'm so glad you switched, I think you will just love the RR!
Waving from GF, too!
__________________
Erin

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
goofyredraider is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #70
sadossey
Mouseketeer
 
sadossey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Fire14-
I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to my documents because I added a one night "room only" on to the beginning of our package reservation a couple of days ago. That will mean two separate reservation numbers.
I called Magical Express to give them the new arrival date but I have a feeling it won't go well. My OCD doesn't do well when things aren't correct!!!

Carla
I had a problem with my ME info too. Changed arrival date at
POR from may 6 to the 5th. After I changed my flight on SW I called and gave Disney reservations my new flt # but when we got our travel docs they had the original flight # from the flight on the 6th. Called back and the CM said she opened the res info and actually had the right flight # "inside" the reservation, whatever that means. Anyway, as long as we have the bag tags that say we are going to POR on May 5 would the flight # matter anyway? I know this is probably a better question for a transportation board but I like this one better.
Also to the moderator of this thread, Andre, you should get a commission from my stay at POR. We were going to CBR but after checking out portorleans.org we changed our mind becuase of all the great pics and info on there. Thanks!
sadossey is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #71
KELLY
DIS Veteran
 
KELLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wells,me,usa
Posts: 5,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
Waving from GF, too!
Thanks Becky and Erin. See you on GF!
__________________

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #72
bobbigrl27
Mouseketeer
 
bobbigrl27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadossey View Post
I had a problem with my ME info too. Changed arrival date at
POR from may 6 to the 5th. After I changed my flight on SW I called and gave Disney reservations my new flt # but when we got our travel docs they had the original flight # from the flight on the 6th. Called back and the CM said she opened the res info and actually had the right flight # "inside" the reservation, whatever that means. Anyway, as long as we have the bag tags that say we are going to POR on May 5 would the flight # matter anyway? I know this is probably a better question for a transportation board but I like this one better.
Also to the moderator of this thread, Andre, you should get a commission from my stay at POR. We were going to CBR but after checking out portorleans.org we changed our mind becuase of all the great pics and info on there. Thanks!

I called yesterday because our ME packet said "no flight info given" even though I know I gave it to them. The CM I spoke to could see all of my flight info so I'm not sure why it didn't print out. They could probably save quite a few unnecessary calls if they made sure everything printed correctly.
bobbigrl27 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #73
hunmcbunny
Mouseketeer
 
hunmcbunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Quaker Springs, NY
Posts: 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbigrl27 View Post
I called yesterday because our ME packet said "no flight info given" even though I know I gave it to them. The CM I spoke to could see all of my flight info so I'm not sure why it didn't print out. They could probably save quite a few unnecessary calls if they made sure everything printed correctly.
Same thing happened to us & we called too. We encountered no problems whatsoever. Got right on the bus and only waited about 5 minutes before the bus left the airport.

As long as you have an ME voucher for everyone in your party you should be fine.
__________________



1st Trip - March 2012 POR Magnolia Terrace Riverview
2nd Trip - August 2015 or 2016
Kristie aka hunmcbunny 46 , Brian 44 aka Hubster , Michelle7 aka Princess
hunmcbunny is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #74
BigKid45
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WAY Upstate NY
Posts: 225

We are in the early planning stages of a trip to POR Riverside for next year . We will be a group of 5 (Me, DW, DD-14, DD-17 and DD-BFF-18). Can't find a map of the rooms available...does anyone know if we can get a King Rm connecting to a 2 queen bed room?.....a King Rm connected to 2 queen/full with trundle would be even better for our 3 girls. Any help from the DISers is always appreciated as you are my experts. Can't believe I've talked DW into this trip!!
__________________
(ME)(DW) (DD-18) (DD-15)

WDW-'72 & '73 Offsite, '05 & '06 Offsite, '08 WL-Club, '09 ASMu-FS, '10 Pop, '12 Windsor Hills, '13 POR
DL-Offsite every Oct 1974-1987 (Corp. Nites)
BigKid45 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #75
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,133

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKid45 View Post
does anyone know if we can get a King Rm connecting to a 2 queen bed room?.....a King Rm connected to 2 queen/full with trundle would be even better for our 3 girls.
Yes you can. For the trundle (or murphy) beds you'd need to have both rooms in the Alligator Bayou section.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside, riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: