Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #61
motherof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
We arrive at the Port next Wednesday 4/11. We'll be celebrating DD's 15th birthday by staying at MK until 3am on 4/15. ADRs at PTC, CP, Sci Fi, and Tony's.

We were there during the March Break, had so much fun and this was the first year our kids were able to make it to the 3AM closing at MK! Something really magical at being there till 3AM, last ride we rode was Astro Orbitor, so cool being up there late at night! Have fun!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #62
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
If you look at the map in the first post, River View regular rooms are in buildings 14, 27, 38, Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. Of those, all of them are already refurbished except for 27 - and that one may well be closed for its refit by the time you're there anyway. So your odds are already pretty good for getting a refurbed room, and adding a request as well should make it very unlikely indeed that you'd get one of the few older rooms in 27. So don't panic, and I hope you enjoy POR as much as I do.

Andre
Thanks Andre! Now for the million dollar question that I seem to get a conflicting answer on - are there elevators? My BELIEF is yes there are in ALL of the mansions but there are NONE in AB. I really need an elevator in my bulding. Would my room request be safe to state "mansion w/ elevator". Since I booked River View room I believe my mansion equates to either Magnolia or Arcadian. Is one nicer than the other or decorated different or closer to the foodcourt? Maps confuse me as nothing is to scale!!!!! I appreciate your input.Thank you. Melisa
DP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #63
hunmcbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Thanks Andre! Now for the million dollar question that I seem to get a conflicting answer on - are there elevators? My BELIEF is yes there are in ALL of the mansions but there are NONE in AB. I really need an elevator in my bulding. Would my room request be safe to state "mansion w/ elevator". Since I booked River View room I believe my mansion equates to either Magnolia or Arcadian. Is one nicer than the other or decorated different or closer to the foodcourt? Maps confuse me as nothing is to scale!!!!! I appreciate your input.Thank you. Melisa
We stayed at Magnolia & had riverview....we requested 1st floor. Its beautiful...honestly I think all the mansions are beautiful. For Magnolia or Arcadian take the bridge to the pool which will take you to the bridge towards the food court & main building. It only took me a couple of minutes to get to the food court and our room was on the end closest to Oak.

I would just put in a request for ground floor since riverview rooms will be close to the walkways.

1st Trip - March 2012 POR Magnolia Terrace Riverview
2nd Trip - August 2015 or 2016
Kristie aka hunmcbunny 46 , Brian 44 aka Hubster , Michelle7 aka Princess
Old 04-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #64
crazyboutdisny
Mouseketeer

At POR now....love it! We have had a great stay! In a new garden view room w queen beds!. Its awesome! Chillin by the pool right now cause MK is a zoo!! Crowds have been very manageable until yesterday. Extra magic hours til 3am at the MK on Sunday were the best! Walked on everything...no wait! Ate at 1900 Park Fare last night....was so much fun!! Character interaction was amazing! Headed to Chef Mickeys tonight and closing out our vaca at MK til 1am. Don't want to leave tomorrow Already thinking about when we can come back!

March 2012 POR
Oct 2010 POP
June 2001*offsite*
May 1998 *offsite*
Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #65
crazyboutdisny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherof4 View Post
We were there during the March Break, had so much fun and this was the first year our kids were able to make it to the 3AM closing at MK! Something really magical at being there till 3AM, last ride we rode was Astro Orbitor, so cool being up there late at night! Have fun!

Dumbo at night is so cool....with the colored lights and water!

March 2012 POR
Oct 2010 POP
June 2001*offsite*
May 1998 *offsite*
Old 04-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #66
Rorey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Looks like I'm joining this thread. Just switched from CBR to POR Royal room Garden View. I always thought I would never pay for a themed room but I guess I was wrong.
Yay Kelly!! I'm so glad you switched, I think you will just love the RR!

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Old 04-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #67
WINTER
DIS Veteran

Just booked a POR Royal Guest Room for end of May! Sooo looking forward to it!
15 trips stayed off site; '87 Viscount (DTD); '89 Howard Johnson (DTD); '95 Travelodge (DTD); '96 CBR; '05, '06, '09, '10 Pop Century; '07 Royal Plaza (DTD); 6/11 W/L; 5/12 POR; 7/12 BW Plus Park Place Inn at D'Land; 6/13 D'Land BW Plus Park Place Inn; 7/13 W/L; 10/13 Bonnet Creek; 7/14 CR TPV. ]

Last edited by WINTER; 04-04-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #68
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Fire14-
I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to my documents because I added a one night "room only" on to the beginning of our package reservation a couple of days ago. That will mean two separate reservation numbers.
I called Magical Express to give them the new arrival date but I have a feeling it won't go well. My OCD doesn't do well when things aren't correct!!!

Carla
It will be fine might just need to call for luggafe but sure it will be ok. in my case they got one person on wrong flight/wrong airline both ways and no info for 2 of us. i will be calling to get stuff fixed but waiting a day or 2 to see if correct info comes.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #69
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorey View Post
Yay Kelly!! I'm so glad you switched, I think you will just love the RR!
Waving from GF, too!

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
Old 04-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #70
sadossey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Fire14-
I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to my documents because I added a one night "room only" on to the beginning of our package reservation a couple of days ago. That will mean two separate reservation numbers.
I called Magical Express to give them the new arrival date but I have a feeling it won't go well. My OCD doesn't do well when things aren't correct!!!

Carla
I had a problem with my ME info too. Changed arrival date at
POR from may 6 to the 5th. After I changed my flight on SW I called and gave Disney reservations my new flt # but when we got our travel docs they had the original flight # from the flight on the 6th. Called back and the CM said she opened the res info and actually had the right flight # "inside" the reservation, whatever that means. Anyway, as long as we have the bag tags that say we are going to POR on May 5 would the flight # matter anyway? I know this is probably a better question for a transportation board but I like this one better.
Also to the moderator of this thread, Andre, you should get a commission from my stay at POR. We were going to CBR but after checking out portorleans.org we changed our mind becuase of all the great pics and info on there. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #71
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
Waving from GF, too!
Thanks Becky and Erin. See you on GF!

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #72
bobbigrl27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadossey View Post
I had a problem with my ME info too. Changed arrival date at
POR from may 6 to the 5th. After I changed my flight on SW I called and gave Disney reservations my new flt # but when we got our travel docs they had the original flight # from the flight on the 6th. Called back and the CM said she opened the res info and actually had the right flight # "inside" the reservation, whatever that means. Anyway, as long as we have the bag tags that say we are going to POR on May 5 would the flight # matter anyway? I know this is probably a better question for a transportation board but I like this one better.
Also to the moderator of this thread, Andre, you should get a commission from my stay at POR. We were going to CBR but after checking out portorleans.org we changed our mind becuase of all the great pics and info on there. Thanks!

I called yesterday because our ME packet said "no flight info given" even though I know I gave it to them. The CM I spoke to could see all of my flight info so I'm not sure why it didn't print out. They could probably save quite a few unnecessary calls if they made sure everything printed correctly.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #73
hunmcbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbigrl27 View Post
I called yesterday because our ME packet said "no flight info given" even though I know I gave it to them. The CM I spoke to could see all of my flight info so I'm not sure why it didn't print out. They could probably save quite a few unnecessary calls if they made sure everything printed correctly.
Same thing happened to us & we called too. We encountered no problems whatsoever. Got right on the bus and only waited about 5 minutes before the bus left the airport.

As long as you have an ME voucher for everyone in your party you should be fine.

1st Trip - March 2012 POR Magnolia Terrace Riverview
2nd Trip - August 2015 or 2016
Kristie aka hunmcbunny 46 , Brian 44 aka Hubster , Michelle7 aka Princess
Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #74
BigKid45
Mouseketeer

We are in the early planning stages of a trip to POR Riverside for next year . We will be a group of 5 (Me, DW, DD-14, DD-17 and DD-BFF-18). Can't find a map of the rooms available...does anyone know if we can get a King Rm connecting to a 2 queen bed room?.....a King Rm connected to 2 queen/full with trundle would be even better for our 3 girls. Any help from the DISers is always appreciated as you are my experts. Can't believe I've talked DW into this trip!!

WDW-'72 & '73 Offsite, '05 & '06 Offsite, '08 WL-Club, '09 ASMu-FS, '10 Pop, '12 Windsor Hills, '13 POR
DL-Offsite every Oct 1974-1987 (Corp. Nites)
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #75
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKid45 View Post
does anyone know if we can get a King Rm connecting to a 2 queen bed room?.....a King Rm connected to 2 queen/full with trundle would be even better for our 3 girls.
Yes you can. For the trundle (or murphy) beds you'd need to have both rooms in the Alligator Bayou section.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: