Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #151
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunmcbunny View Post
Princess with her idol. I have to tell you this story....BBB appt wasnt until 10am but she had her dress on first thing before we even left the resort. We were in line to meet the storybook princesses when we found out that Cinderella wasnt there. The poor thing was so upset that we had to leave the line. She calmed down for the BBB appt but the lip was still quivering. Her fairy godmother in training found out what happened and told the manager of BBB. The manager went to talk to the manager of Cinderella's Round Table Restaurant & the 2 of them set up a time for princess to meet one on one with Cinderella before the restaurant open up for lunch. It was only for like 30 secs but it totally made her day. They knew we were going to 1900 Park Fare for dinner and they told Cinderella this and she whispered in princess ear "I will see you at dinner" time. Unfortunately I didnt have my camera on me ....silly me left it at the resort. I wrote a letter to Disney about the experience and thanking everyone!
This is such a beautiful story you brought a tear to my eye. How did you like 1900 Park Fare?

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Old 04-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #152
atisikitabasket
Mom Always Said I was a Little Off

We have been to WDW many times and only stayed at CSR and CR. Our son has autism and doesn't like change but he saw video of the headboards in the RR and said we have to stay there. We have been wanting to try a new place but you never know how that will go over so we are really excited about staying here but had a few questions.

What all can you refill your mug with. CSR was very limited only a couple of soda options. I like sweet tea and DH likes hot chocolate didn't know if that or juice or anything was an option.

How is the water slide?

Also are the RR in the buildings that has elevators? Are the RR on all floors of the buildings?

Thanks for your help we are so excited about staying here
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #153
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisikitabasket View Post
Also are the RR in the buildings that has elevators? Are the RR on all floors of the buildings?
The Royal Rooms are located in Oak Manor and Parterre Place in the mansions section. They comprise all rooms in those 2 buildings and there are 4 categories to book from- Standard View, Garden View, Water View and River View. There are elevators in a central location in each building.

BTW, my DS has autism too. This will be DS and twin DD's first trip and we are staying in the Royal Rooms.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #154
Judith27
Earning My Ears

The Royal Rooms are located in Oak Manor and Parterre Place in the mansions section.

Last edited by Judith27; 04-07-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #155
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

I can hardly believe I fly in on Wednesday!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #156
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

Really love the Royal Rooms. We are a party of 5 2 adults and a 14 yo and twin 8 year olds. Can we get one of these??
Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #157
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisikitabasket View Post
What all can you refill your mug with. CSR was very limited only a couple of soda options. I like sweet tea and DH likes hot chocolate didn't know if that or juice or anything was an option.

How is the water slide?

There are lots of refill choices, including multiple sodas (all Coca Cola products) hot and cold tea and hot chocolate. No juice (I wish they would add apple juice like some other resorts have done!) but there is fruit punch and still lemonade though. There's a full list at http://www.portorleans.org/mugs.php.

The water slide in the main pool is 90 ft long and quite fun, with some turns and very small dip but not too intense.

As has been said, all of the Royal buildings have elevators, but only in the central section of the building. so it could be quite a walk along the walkways from the elevators to one of the furthest rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Really love the Royal Rooms. We are a party of 5 2 adults and a 14 yo and twin 8 year olds. Can we get one of these??
Sadly not, the maximum occupancy in the Royal Guest Rooms is four people. You could get an Alligator Bayou (non-Royal) room - or two Royal Rooms of course.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #158
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfeikert View Post
I just wanted to share one of my favorite POR pictures from our trip last week. This was what we saw when we walked out our door.

We were in an Oak Manor RGR. I have a lot of other pictures of the room, but they are very similar to what the previous poster just shared. If there is anything else you might like to see, just ask and I'll see if I have a picture!
Wow, beautiful photo. I'm getting more and more excited for our trip in September!
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
Old 04-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #159
Mickeygolf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMMAA View Post
Hi Everyone!
Can someone please tell me if there is room in a RGR to squoosh a twin size air mattress? We are a family of 5 (the little one will not yet be three which is why we 'qualify' to stay in that room, but she does not sleep in a crib/pack n play). We would really rather stay in a princess room....even if we are packed in!!
Thanks for any advice!!
I never saw an answer to this question. I have the same question only I would like to know if there is room for the single air mattress in an AB Garden View room. We are 5 and I'm sure the trundle or the murphy bed would probably be a little small for my kids. We're fine with being a little cramped as long as we all get a good nights sleep.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #160
Meesh201
Earning My Ears

Just booked my flights for our trip in October. Holy Cow , the flight for our family of 4 costs almost as much as the room and tickets! We could have gotten cheaper flights, but I thought direct would be best since the kids are so young. Oh well, thinking about relaxing by the pool and hanging out in our RGR makes it better

2010 offsite Caribe Royale
October 2012 POR
Old 04-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #161
jonofrio
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_<3 View Post
Wow, beautiful photo. I'm getting more and more excited for our trip in September!

Beautiful photo!!! Can't wait to see it in person......http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/yay.gif

Old 04-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #162
jonofrio
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=jonofrio;44536122]Beautiful photo!!! Can't wait to see it in person......

Old 04-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #163
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Does anyone know if they sell bottles of rum at POR? My wife and I like to have a mixed drink as we wind down our evening, and the last couple of years we've brought a bottle of rum with us. I noticed at POP last year that they sell bottles in the gift shop. Anyone know if POR does the same? Would be nice to save us from packing one.

Dan
POP, September 2011, 9 days Very Fun, Hot!
POP, September 2010, 8 days Magical!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #164
Lyndsey
Mouseketeer

I noticed they do sell liquor at the gift shop behind the counter. I just did not look to see what kind they had. I brought my own.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #165
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Thanks Lisa for the room number!!!

Carla

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: