Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #1501
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Andre,

I am yet again about to take a big group to POR next year and the first thing I did was pull up your site.

Everyone is on board. Your pics sold everyone.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #1502
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I can't believe where the time has gone, but five years ago today the very first files were served out from the fledgling www.portorleans.org domain. It wasn't a full site at that point, just a collection of a couple of resort maps and a few pictures I think.

I first registered the actual name on 22 June 2007, and I noticed the timing because I've just this week paid the annual server hosting invoice for the coming year (all donations via the homepage gratefully received... LOL).

The first online post where I referred to anything from the site was on 1 July 2007 (here, on a UK-based site). A proper 'menu-based' site was still a few months away (26 Oct 2007) but I think I shall count 1st July as the site's official birthday for now.

And now, five years later, the site gets around 1.5 million page hits a year. How time flies when you're having fun!

Thanks for everyone's support, and I hope the site has proved informative and useful.

Andre
Well Happy Birthday!!! I think it is amazing what you have put together, and always here to help if you ever need anything. Did you still need someone to measure distances in the POR Resort? If so from what to what. PM me a full list and I will be glad to help.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #1503
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

Congrats on five years with the site - I'm so glad you created it. It has been wonderful so far researching everything. I'm excited to try a new resort (CSR has been home for the last three visits). Your site has helped to make me feel more comfortable about the change. I still have lots of questions; and will keep reading portorleans.org and this tread. Thanks.

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Old 07-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #1504
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Andre,

I am yet again about to take a big group to POR next year and the first thing I did was pull up your site.

Everyone is on board. Your pics sold everyone.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #1505
Disney before Sally
Mouseketeer

You really have accomplished a special website, Andre. Thank you kindly.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #1506
mistydoodles
Disney Addict

We will be staying in a new AB room in Nov with 2 adults, 4 children ages 15,15,12 and 2. When looking at the pictures there doesn't seem to be a lot of storage space. Anybody that has stayed there recently can you tell me how that worked out for you and any suggestions on how to make the best use of space. Thanks!

POR Nov 15th-23rd 2012 for DD 16th Bday Celebration
CBR Feb 16- Feb 23rd '11
CSR Nov 21-29th '08
POR Nov 9-17th '07
POFQ Dec 9-16th '06
POFQ Dec 10-17th '05
ASMO Dec 18-23rd '04
Old 07-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #1507
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selket View Post
I'm an idiot. The bridge is there - it just looks on the map like it should be closer! All the bridges are there. I'm just incredibly lazy apparently!
that is hilarious! Thanks, I laughed out loud at that!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #1508
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I can't believe where the time has gone, but five years ago today the very first files were served out from the fledgling www.portorleans.org domain. It wasn't a full site at that point, just a collection of a couple of resort maps and a few pictures I think.

I first registered the actual name on 22 June 2007, and I noticed the timing because I've just this week paid the annual server hosting invoice for the coming year (all donations via the homepage gratefully received... LOL).

The first online post where I referred to anything from the site was on 1 July 2007 (here, on a UK-based site). A proper 'menu-based' site was still a few months away (26 Oct 2007) but I think I shall count 1st July as the site's official birthday for now.

And now, five years later, the site gets around 1.5 million page hits a year. How time flies when you're having fun!

Thanks for everyone's support, and I hope the site has proved informative and useful.

Andre
Wow! Thats awesome Andre. Happy Birthday

Last September, I went as a family with my hubby & daughter for the first time to All Star Movies and we were hooked. We knew we wanted to come back but where on earth would we stay??? So many mixed reviews about ALL resorts, so many websites but none of them able to answer all my questions. I was to-ing & fro-ing. Then I found yours. Then I booked POR

So yes, your site HAS proved informative & useful. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #1509
tmerz
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they have bed rails to use on the murphy bed in the AB rooms?
Old 07-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #1510
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmerz View Post
Does anyone know if they have bed rails to use on the murphy bed in the AB rooms?
I don't believe I have heard anyone mention them having them.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #1511
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the anniversary Andre! I hope I can show appreciation in person at the POR pool bar in August!
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #1512
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Any news or rumors on whether POP will stay at POR week 1 December?

I planned a vacation for three families (we are treating) and I had no idea POP stayed at Moderates...I thouht they were at the Values, only. I am a bit panicky about it as we are with young children and older adults (not a great group to be around loud teens, kwim?!?)
Old 07-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #1513
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
Any news or rumors on whether POP will stay at POR week 1 December?

I planned a vacation for three families (we are treating) and I had no idea POP stayed at Moderates...I thouht they were at the Values, only. I am a bit panicky about it as we are with young children and older adults (not a great group to be around loud teens, kwim?!?)
I dont think they are staying there, could be wrong. Although I have had some bad experiences in the past also. I had a good experience last year with teens. No loud runners or kids going nuts. I won't hesitate to pop my head out or knock on some doors to resolve or stop something like that if it's preventing sleep for my family or myself.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #1514
Selket
Yes I AM being whiney about not getting a postcard!
I will measure, nest, lift and squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatoomch View Post
that is hilarious! Thanks, I laughed out loud at that!
To comp me for leaving trash in my trash and a broken fridge they should have moved the bridge closer to my room.

There are a lot of staircases in the mansions. Seems easier than POFQ in that aspect. Or csr.
Universal: HRH, 2010
Old 07-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #1515
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Congratulations on 5 years, Andre. Funny thing, I know when some people at Port Orleans need info, the go to PortOrleans.org, LOL

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: