Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #136
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I have a question to all our POR friends that are either at WDW now or just returned. My son has a milk allergy, he can tolerate milk in food but cannot drink it or eat ice-cream. I was wondering what other ice cream options are there in the ice cream carts in the parks. Our daughter will def choose Mickey shaped ice cream on a stick, but what can I give to the little man? he is not 2 yet and doesn't have a clue that shurbert isn't ice-cream.
I believe they have frozen strawberry fruit bars ( I really like) some have pineapple ones. I've seen frozen bananas covered in chocolate and I believe nuts. If you go to ice cream place ( aloha isle, Sunshine terrence) I believe they use something else that isn't ice cream and I'm sure Plaza and fountainview have a serbert option. Edys is major ice cream provider in WDW so that may give you more guidence in things he can have. I leave May 3rd if you need me to check things more closely for you.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #137
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Great story and picture, HunMcBunny. Great pictures of the room, Buzznina.
Thanks for posting them.
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #138
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

thank you to all with the great ideas for the frozen snack ideas. At home it is no big deal at all. We have tried a few times to re-introduce ice cream/yogurt into his diet but all it does is give him one bad belly ache all night long. I know that we will find something for him as a good choice. I was hoping they added an option that looked like the popular mickey shaped ice cream on the stick since our last stay.
thanks again everyone!!!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #139
browneyedgrl4282
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I have a question to all our POR friends that are either at WDW now or just returned. My son has a milk allergy, he can tolerate milk in food but cannot drink it or eat ice-cream. I was wondering what other ice cream options are there in the ice cream carts in the parks. Our daughter will def choose Mickey shaped ice cream on a stick, but what can I give to the little man? he is not 2 yet and doesn't have a clue that shurbert isn't ice-cream.
My son also has milk allergy and he was able to get fruit bars, I think the dole whips are dairy free too! Just ask the person at the place you are getting snacks, they should know. Disney is AMAZING dealing with allergy!
2010 - OKW & POFQ
2011 - CBR & POP
2012 - SSR, FW, AKL, OKW, BLT, & BWV
2013 - BLT,BWV,WL,BCV, CSR, POR, AoA, SSR, & AKL
2014 - BCV, Yacht, Poly, & GFV

Old 04-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #140
bobbigrl27
Mouseketeer

My DH is thinking of bringing his golf clubs and getting in a round of golf at Oak Trail while we are on vacation. The Disney website says that free taxi vouchers to the course are given out at select Disney resorts. Does anyone know if POR is one of the "select" resorts?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #141
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselovenfamily View Post
Just back from AB and there is not much storage at all. The three drawers under the pull down bed are deep and nice sized but not for a family of 5. There are two shelves next to the fridge. A simple solution would be to bring hangers. Wish I would have thought of that BEFORE I went!!
Thanks for the info. I like to unpack everything and put the suitcases away so we have more room. We go for 12 days, so we have a lot of clothes. DH usually keeps all his stuff in the closet area (on the shelf or hanging) and I guess each kid will work with one drawer each.

We brought hangers our first trip, but we've never seemed to need them. We drive, so I can always fit a few in for some shirts for DH & I.

I was planning to use the small shelves near the fridge for food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Last June when we were at POR we were afrade of the storage even with that in the TV cabinet. The wife purchased a hanging storage unit with 5 shelves and folded up like an accordian(sp). The area was the footprint of a towel in 4ths and each self about 5 towels high. It stored in her carry-on about 1".
Each person got one shelf and it worked great. We now have it at home for towels but it will go with us on all trips.

The resort will give you extra hangers if you need them.
We also all got hanging toiletry containers to store on the hanger rack too.
This is a great idea. I actually have two of these. I will definitely bring them. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #142
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Buzznina- Thanks for the pics of the Royal Rooms.

We are trying to get MIL to join us for one or two nights mid-trip (she lives in FL) and I just mentioned to DH that we should get her a Royal room. I'm sure the kids will have to spend the night with grandma after checking out your pictures.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #143
sarahjanee
Earning My Ears

Anyone have any info on what they will be doing to refurb the POR lobby? We are going May 20-26th and on Yehaa Bob's website it said they were going to be refurbing from April 25th to June 6th. I'm just wondering how torn up it will be and what kind of new stuff they are going to be putting in.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #144
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahjanee View Post
Anyone have any info on what they will be doing to refurb the POR lobby? We are going May 20-26th and on Yehaa Bob's website it said they were going to be refurbing from April 25th to June 6th. I'm just wondering how torn up it will be and what kind of new stuff they are going to be putting in.
It's a complete refurbishment, new carpets, paintwork, etc, etc. However I don't believe it is going to be a major change to the style we are used to, more of a refreshing and general updating. The lovely themed paintings on the walls behind the desks will be staying.

The dates on Bob's site seem to move moving around a bit, but he is referring to stuff which impact on his show times at the River Roost Lounge (part of which is being used for lobby functions during the work).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #145
lfeikert
DIS Veteran

Yesterday I posted a pic of the quiet pool from our room in Oak Manor. Here is what we saw if we looked the other way when we left our room. I guess we got the best of both worlds--booked a Water View room and had both Water View AND River View. The location was perfect--close to the pool and close to the bridge to the food court.

6/08-ASMu--first family trip!
3/26/12 POR Royal Guest Room--I don't know if we will ever stay anywhere else!!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #146
kath2me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfeikert View Post
yesterday i posted a pic of the quiet pool from our room in oak manor. Here is what we saw if we looked the other way when we left our room. I guess we got the best of both worlds--booked a water view room and had both water view and river view. The location was perfect--close to the pool and close to the bridge to the food court.

love it, what was your room #, was it a rgr, also were yu on bottom floor ?
2008- PORS
2009 -PORS
2010 - CSR
2012- CR & AKL
2013-BC & WL
2014 WL
Kathy
Old 04-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #147
kath2me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfeikert View Post
yesterday i posted a pic of the quiet pool from our room in oak manor. Here is what we saw if we looked the other way when we left our room. I guess we got the best of both worlds--booked a water view room and had both water view and river view. The location was perfect--close to the pool and close to the bridge to the food court.

love it, what was your room #, was it a rgr, also were yu on bottom floor ?
2008- PORS
2009 -PORS
2010 - CSR
2012- CR & AKL
2013-BC & WL
2014 WL
Kathy
Old 04-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #148
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Yes lfeikert, please tell us the room number the views are absolutely perfect!!!

Thanks!
Carla
Old 04-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #149
lfeikert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Yes lfeikert, please tell us the room number the views are absolutely perfect!!!

Thanks!
Carla
It was a RGR. We were on the 2nd floor of Oak Manor. #9276. It was perfect! I told DH that I never want to stay in any other room again! I want THAT room every time!

6/08-ASMu--first family trip!
3/26/12 POR Royal Guest Room--I don't know if we will ever stay anywhere else!!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #150
kath2me
Mouseketeer

Hi lisa,

thought i had pm you, not sure it went through, thanks for the room #, that bldg has a elevator yes ?
2008- PORS
2009 -PORS
2010 - CSR
2012- CR & AKL
2013-BC & WL
2014 WL
Kathy
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: