Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #16
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Awesome blog post!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #17
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Ooo.
So not fair! I ran this in 2010 for a water bottle.
I guess I'll just have to book another cruise!
(My Galveston itineraries-no CC-no shirts.)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #18
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Ooo.
So not fair! I ran this in 2010 for a water bottle.
I guess I'll just have to book another cruise!
(My Galveston itineraries-no CC-no shirts.)
yes! I ran for the water bottle in 2010, too lol!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #19
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

I vaguely recall seeing jogging strollers at Castaway for you to rent. That being said, if you wanted to participate in a physical activity, and didn't not want to leave your baby behind, I find it hard to believe DCL would deny you the chance to run.
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #20
jaxgatorfamily
Earning My Ears

That's a bummer that they don't allow kids on the 5K. I think that would have been fun to participate. Maybe we'll leave them in the kids clubs, run the 5K and then run back to the ship to pick them up and go to the beach. I was hoping we'd run it and then go right into the surf when done!
Definitely won't lug the jogging stroller then!
jaxgatorfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
jenifred
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookmomma74 View Post
We were just on the Magic 6 night Western Caribbean, and my DH and I walked the CC5K with a friend. We got bibs and medals as well, and there was a special CC5K t-shirt that you could purchase. Since we didn't pay to do the race, I thought the $22 for the new t-shirt was a bargain! The CM in charge told us we were the first Magic cruise to have the opportunity to buy the shirts!
scrapbookmomma74 - Was the shirt for sale in a shop or offered only at the time of the race?

Has anyone seen the CC 5K T-shirts on the Dream yet?

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #22
colbybug
DIS Veteran

I have all kinds of questions....
1) How do you sign up for the race?
2) Do you have to do it before you board or can you decide at the last minute?
3) We will have a ten year old with us...what do we do with him? Can he come and wait for us? It seems like it would be easier to not have to go back to the ship once you are done with the race. Not sure when the kids club is open on the ship or on the island?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
Kathy
colbybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifred View Post
scrapbookmomma74 - Was the shirt for sale in a shop or offered only at the time of the race?

Has anyone seen the CC 5K T-shirts on the Dream yet?
the shirts are not on the ship, just in the shops at CC to purchase after the race.

pretty sure there are strollers for rent on CC and/or on the ship.

those asking about kids and the race, it IS an adults only event...I just went back and checked my navigator and it is listed on the chart under "just for adults" and on the special CC insert it says "ADULT runners meet at 8:45 for the race" (emphasis mine)

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #24
Disney922
Mouseketeer

Awesome....

Love, love, love your blog. I have done several 5k's but I will be soon training for the Princess 1/2 for February 2013. It's on my bucket list to do before I turn 40 in August of 2013.

I love the shirt, definately need to get that! I can't wait to do this.

I have a lot of the same questions as the PP so hopefully someone can answer. I definately do not want to go back on the ship once I am off.

Missy

Disney922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #25
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbybug View Post
I have all kinds of questions....
1) How do you sign up for the race?
2) Do you have to do it before you board or can you decide at the last minute?
3) We will have a ten year old with us...what do we do with him? Can he come and wait for us? It seems like it would be easier to not have to go back to the ship once you are done with the race. Not sure when the kids club is open on the ship or on the island?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
Kathy
You must not have read my blog post in the original post just kidding! You just show up and sign your name and room number on a piece of paper.

it is adults only. I'm sure one of the kids clubs is open by 9:00 in the morning?

They did have a small box you could leave personal items in during the race, but it really wasn't big enough to hold a ton of beach bags/gear and I wouldn't want to leave all my stuff unattended there. It did take an extra few minutes to walk back to the ship, but I was thankful for a cool shower, changing clothes, putting on sunscreen etc. in the AC. I just had ll my stuff laid out on my bed ready to go so when I got back from the race I didn't have to do a bunch of running around looking for my camera, sunscreen, magazines, sunglasses, etc.
hope that helps!

Dec. AKL Dining Report

Last edited by heatherlynn444; 04-04-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
Disney922
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
You must not have read my blog post in the original post just kidding! You just show up and sign your name and room number on a piece of paper.

it is adults only. I'm sure one of the kids clubs is open by 9:00 in the morning?

They did have a small box you could leave personal items in during the race, but it really wasn't big enough to hold a ton of beach bags/gear and I wouldn't want to leave all my stuff unattended there. It did take an extra few minutes to walk back to the ship, but I was thankful for a cool shower, changing clothes, putting on sunscreen etc. in the AC. I just had ll my stuff laid out on my bed ready to go so when I got back from the race I didn't have to do a bunch of running around looking for my camera, sunscreen, magazines, sunglasses, etc.
hope that helps!
Okay so that was my main questions about going back to ship. I was thinking that DH and kids could get off and just meet me at CC so that we can walk over to family beach together. But I agree it might be a better idea to take a quick shower and then head out....

Thanks

Disney922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #27
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

So excited for this! In an effort to lose my baby weight, I'm on week 7 of a 9-week Couch to 5K and this is my goal on the June 24 DisUnplugged Podcast Cruise!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #28
colbybug
DIS Veteran

Funny I actually did read your blog but I must have missed the details. I have never run a 5k but would like to and I think the Castaway Cay one would be very memorable so I am considering it. I'm a little afraid of the heat and I have plantar fasciitis so those two things make me hestitate. At least if the run makes the plantar thing flare up, it will be the last day of the cruise, right? And I would do the sunscreen stuff before the race and then just jump in the water for a cool off.....we'll see! Thanks for the great info!

Kathy
colbybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #29
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney922 View Post
Okay so that was my main questions about going back to ship. I was thinking that DH and kids could get off and just meet me at CC so that we can walk over to family beach together. But I agree it might be a better idea to take a quick shower and then head out....

Thanks
It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be going back to the ship. i was grateful to be clean again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
So excited for this! In an effort to lose my baby weight, I'm on week 7 of a 9-week Couch to 5K and this is my goal on the June 24 DisUnplugged Podcast Cruise!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!
congrats!!! you will have a great time!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #30
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbybug View Post
Funny I actually did read your blog but I must have missed the details. I have never run a 5k but would like to and I think the Castaway Cay one would be very memorable so I am considering it. I'm a little afraid of the heat and I have plantar fasciitis so those two things make me hestitate. At least if the run makes the plantar thing flare up, it will be the last day of the cruise, right? And I would do the sunscreen stuff before the race and then just jump in the water for a cool off.....we'll see! Thanks for the great info!

Kathy
you will do great! It is hot, but take it slow...there is plenty of water, and I know people who run/walked and did fine!

Dec. AKL Dining Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: