Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #976
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Is taking the boat over to the BW an option? There's Captains Grille, Flying Fish, Cape May, Beaches & Cream
how long does it take to get over there? The seafood buffet at CM is looking pretty good.....
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 10-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #977
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama

how long does it take to get over there? The seafood buffet at CM is looking pretty good.....
It doesn't take long at All. Maybe 10 minutes.. There Re great choices over there..
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #978
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
where are you thinking? are you going to make an ADR?

- we'll be here today too. We're doing Be out Guest for dinner.

. You can do the Disney Jr. character meal at H&V. There's also a DJr. stage show.

There's not too much at EP for my kids either, but that's the one park I do for *me*, so too bad for them, lol. Yours are young so they'll probably like the Kidcot stuff at each country (coloring or craft stuff). And IDK if you're 4 year old would be too young for the Passport. ODS did that this psat year (9) and he really looked forward to getting his PP stamped in each country. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have been able to drag him through the WS
I would like an arrival evening ADR. Was thinking Ohana.

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 10-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #979
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom

Yes ohana has LILO and Stitch just for breakfast. But dinner is great. They do a parade with the kids and its definitely busy and noisy and kid friendly. I love the family style meal.. Also, the poly is awesome. I love it there.. You can do an early dinner and then hang there for a bit. The pool looks awesome lit up and you can watch the electric water pared and fireworks from the poly beach.. Rope drop for you may work.. Get to the parks right when they are opening spend a couple of hours then back to your resort for a nap.. Then back out at night..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
What time do you plan dinner at Ohana to catch the electric water parade?

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #980
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

It was just pointed out to me that we can do 5 days for LESS than the cost of 3 day hopping....back to the drawing board.

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 10-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #981
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

yes, it's really expensive to add the Hoppers. I don't think I could ever bring myself to do it unless I was going to Hop practically every day.

Just booked 3 dinners:

Be our Guest
Cape May
Liberty Tree Tavern

Once I get my flights nailed I will book EPCOT & AK

I was hesitant about planning AK b/c I feel like there's not much there for us. My kids won't go on EE or Dinosaur, and YDD won't go on Kali RR....... so last night me and ODS watched some AK videos on You Tube - some of the rides and some just walking around - and he again confirmed he won't go on EE or Dinosaur so I said if we ever go back to WDW, maybe we should just skip AK and he was like "let's just go one more time b/c we didn't get to see the animals last time". Last time (and only time) we went, for some reason we completely skipped all the animal exhibits and trails..... it was really crowded that day and I felt like I'm not fighting crowds to go to a zoo, esp. when we have decent zoos at home, kwim? So this time, it's an a.m. EMH so we'll get there at rope drop (8 am), do the safari, then DS and I or DH will do the River Rapids, then we'll check out the animal trails, then Tough to be a Bug, the LK and/or Nemo shows depending on show times, maybe a couple rides over in DinoLand......hopefully we can be done with most of that before noon. I'll make a noon ADR for Tusker House and hopefully we can be back at the hotel for swim/relax time by 2:00
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #982
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

so DH just got the OK from the Principal to take that Friday before school vac. off! But she said he has to take it unpaid, which I think is BS. IDK why he can't use a Personal day.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #983
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yes, it's really expensive to add the Hoppers. I don't think I could ever bring myself to do it unless I was going to Hop practically every day.

Just booked 3 dinners:

Be our Guest
Cape May
Liberty Tree Tavern

Once I get my flights nailed I will book EPCOT & AK

I was hesitant about planning AK b/c I feel like there's not much there for us. My kids won't go on EE or Dinosaur, and YDD won't go on Kali RR....... so last night me and ODS watched some AK videos on You Tube - some of the rides and some just walking around - and he again confirmed he won't go on EE or Dinosaur so I said if we ever go back to WDW, maybe we should just skip AK and he was like "let's just go one more time b/c we didn't get to see the animals last time". Last time (and only time) we went, for some reason we completely skipped all the animal exhibits and trails..... it was really crowded that day and I felt like I'm not fighting crowds to go to a zoo, esp. when we have decent zoos at home, kwim? So this time, it's an a.m. EMH so we'll get there at rope drop (8 am), do the safari, then DS and I or DH will do the River Rapids, then we'll check out the animal trails, then Tough to be a Bug, the LK and/or Nemo shows depending on show times, maybe a couple rides over in DinoLand......hopefully we can be done with most of that before noon. I'll make a noon ADR for Tusker House and hopefully we can be back at the hotel for swim/relax time by 2:00
AK is our least favorite park and we don't usually stay there very long.. But, I always think I can just walk away from it.. But, I think I would feel upset or like I was missing something..
Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #984
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
AK is our least favorite park and we don't usually stay there very long.. But, I always think I can just walk away from it.. But, I think I would feel upset or like I was missing something..
that's how I feel too. If I absolutely had to miss a park, AK is the one I would miss. But if I have the extra day, I feel like I should go. Like the trip wouldn't be complete if I don't. I've been playing around with the personalized Touring Plans and I have us with an ADR for TH at 11:45, then hitting Tough to be A Bug at 1:00 and that's it, we're done. Back to the hotel by 2:00
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #985
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

Just got my one ADR for our whole trip- Be Our Guest. So excited!!

Might I add that it was really weird only making one ressie? Usually I'm make tons and dealing with conflicts and such. This was nice.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #986
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Pwdebbie, mine look like this:

4/12 Be Our Guest 5:10
4/13 Cape May 5:00
4/14 Biergarten 5:15
4/15 Sanaa 5:00
4/16 Tusker House 5:15
4/17 Tutto Italia 5:15
4/18 Chef de France 5:00
4/19 not sure yet, depends on Flight!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #987
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Trying to get ready for ADR's this week....I have NO idea what I am doing. Here are my park plans with help from touringplans.com

We are driving down from CT - me, DH, DS will be 4 and DD will be 22 months - and arriving at POP on Sunday 4/14. Please let me know what you think of the following.

Sunday 4/16 hoping to arrive at POP and be able to do dinner somewhere

Monday 4/15 Ep crowds 1.6/10 with afternoon nap and return for Biergarten and Illuminations

Tuesday 4/16 MK crowds 3.8 with afternoon nap and return for evening

Wednesday 4/17 AM-EMH in AK 5.3 crowds, afternoon nap and PM at HS 5.3 crowds

Thursday 4/18 pools, shopping, relax for the drive home (I've thought about adding a 4th day in the parks, but thought we should be more conservative for the first trip to WDW, first LONG road trip, and with little kids???)

I'll admit I need to look more into what we will even do at HS....I know they have some Disney Junior stuff there- other than that, I'm not sure. I think the kids would enjoy seeing the animals at AK (I've never been there before so I REALLY have no idea). I like having them planned for the last day so that if we feel we want more MK time we can skip DS or AK so maybe I won't make ADRs for this day.

I know lots of people say skip Ep with kids- I am willing to put my foot in my mouth after the trip.....I LOVE Ep and I think that there are things my kids might enjoy there, so skipping is not an option.

Thanks for your input/advice.
I have to say that seems to be a lot of on-the-road time for a such a short amount of time at WDW. We will be hitting the road a day after you, but doing eleven nights / ten park days. And our drive is shorter than yours (about 16 hours for us, I'm picturing well over 20 for you).

Like you, I am not planning a park for our arrival day. Eating a POP and then letting the kids have some pool time or work-off-some-energy time would probably be a good idea instead of trying to go somewhere else.

Monday, Epcot -- sounds good to me. You know they always say to avoid MK on Mondays. You can spend several hours in the The Seas and The Land pavilions and those are definitely great for kids. Good for you for planning those nap times. I think that will make a world of difference for your kids (instead of trying to get them to sleep in their stroller seats). Biergarten is one of our favorites.

Tuesday, MK -- again, sounds good to me. The kids will have a blast.

Wednesday, AK in the a.m. and HS in the p.m. -- This one I'm a little on the fence about. You bought park hoppers (I assume) but will only use them once, that's kind of pricey. (That's me, always looking at the budget.) We will be at AK that day (I'm doing all the a.m. EMH parks). Your kids are at a great age for seeing the animals. Make sure you find the "secret" trails around the Tree of Life where there are a lot of animals that everyone seems to miss, we seldom see anyone on these trails. And also do both the Maharajah Jungle Trek and the Pangani Exploration Trail. And don't forget the train to Rafiki's Animal Watch. (Hmmm, can you tell AK is our favorite park?) ETA -- The Oasis has a lot of animals to see also.

Now here's where I'm on the fence about your plans. Instead of doing HS in the evening, why not go back to AK since they changed the hours and will now be open until 7:00 that night? Then back to the room for an earlier bedtime for the kids or pool before bed.

Then, I would go ahead and do HS on Thursday a.m. We personally don't find it a park that consumes a lot of our time. You could spend the morning there and then go back to your room for naps. Do the pool after naps or dinner. I think if you just hung out at POP or went shopping (I hate shopping so that would not even be on my schedule, lol) you would feel restless and wish you were at a park. They are so close and here you are in a store, blah. For the evening, then you could head to DTD for shopping and dinner, back to your room for early bedtime so you are ready to hit the road Friday (I assume).

Ok, so there's my suggestion. Skip the park hopper, give each park one day.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 10-15-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #988
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
Funny.. We never eat lunch counter service at Dhs. Last time we got to rope drop, went on 2 rides and then headed over to starry rolls.. Then in the afternoon we stopped had a drink and a stuffed pretzel.. Other than that we have eaten at hBD and 50's..
I think HS is really lacking on dining options. Starring rolls is ok, especially now that I know they have sandwiches. Duh!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #989
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
Pwdebbie, mine look like this:

4/12 Be Our Guest 5:10
4/13 Cape May 5:00
4/14 Biergarten 5:15
4/15 Sanaa 5:00
4/16 Tusker House 5:15
4/17 Tutto Italia 5:15
4/18 Chef de France 5:00
4/19 not sure yet, depends on Flight!
I am going to start an ADR list, I'll link to it in the first post. If everyone would submit their ADRs to me the way momtwoboys did: Date, Restaurant, Time -- that will make it very easy for me to copy/paste them to the new post. I hope I'm not asking for trouble when you all start changing your ADRs.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #990
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

Wednesday, AK in the a.m. and HS in the p.m. -- This one I'm a little on the fence about. You bought park hoppers (I assume) but will only use them once, that's kind of pricey. (That's me, always looking at the budget.)

i agree and I think I said it earlier, I would only pay for Hoppers if I was going to get a lot of use out of them. And really I don't know if that day will ever come for me. I'm content with 1 park/day. But she mentioned a few posts back that she could get 5 day passes for less than the 3 day hoppers so if I were PP, I would at least consider 4 day base passes and extend the trip by one day if you can
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: