Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #916
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Just read that Le Cellar Steakhouse now takes 2 credits for lunch and dinner. Last time we went it was 2 for dinner, but only 1 for lunch.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #917
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
In the school district I used to work in, it was against policy. But where I am now it's not. I wish I knew that earlier I would have booked a flight for Thursday after school.
s
I'm so excited, I just floated the idea of taking that Friday off (before school vaca starts) by DH and he said he doesn't see why not! I told him to mention it to his boss, and see what he says. I thought he would be vehemently opposed to even *asking* b/c he's not one to do anything that's against "the rules". Even if it's not an official rule, it seems to be sort of an unspoken rule that teachers dare not take time off right before or after a school vacation.
I think he gets 3 personal days a year so I don't see why he can't use them whenever he pleases.
Anyways, this will be huge - not only because we can add a day to our trip but also when it comes time to booking flights, it gives me more options; instead of being bound to paying whatever it costs for an early morning Saturday non-stop flight (I'm not willing to fly later in the day or do a layover because I don't want to waste any of that Saturday since this is already a short trip. I like to arrive and be in the resort by noon), now I can
book a flight on Friday and I don't care if it has a layover or if it's a little later in the day! So I'll get a whole extra park day!!

Now let's just hope his boss says it's ok.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #918
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

ok, excitement over. Looking at the flights again are making me depressed!! WHY all of a sudden this year are there no good flights? It looks like they're discontinuing a lot of non-stop flights.

And to boot, although AT & SW Flights aren't out for my return date yet (Sunday, 4/21) I looked at other Sunday flights back from MCO, and AT seems to *never* have regular Reward flights on Sundays, and SW charges like triple the # of points on Sundays than they do on other days (so i wouldn't have enough points). This is a HUGE problem because flights home seem to be $400-$500/pp ONE WAY and I cannot pay that much so if I can't use rewards to cover it, we are screwed.

Who knew it would be so difficult to get freaking affordable airfare between Boston & Orlando?
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #919
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama
ok, excitement over. Looking at the flights again are making me depressed!! WHY all of a sudden this year are there no good flights? It looks like they're discontinuing a lot of non-stop flights.

And to boot, although AT & SW Flights aren't out for my return date yet (Sunday, 4/21) I looked at other Sunday flights back from MCO, and AT seems to *never* have regular Reward flights on Sundays, and SW charges like triple the # of points on Sundays than they do on other days (so i wouldn't have enough points). This is a HUGE problem because flights home seem to be $400-$500/pp ONE WAY and I cannot pay that much so if I can't use rewards to cover it, we are screwed.

Who knew it would be so difficult to get freaking affordable airfare between Boston & Orlando?
That's why we booked the week before vacation Actually, we did our research and the cost for flights was just ridiculous. By going tues to tues flying JetBlue we saved so much money. Non-stops early morning arrival and very late departure.. $817 for 3 of us. Just changing the dates by a day added hundreds.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #920
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
That's why we booked the week before vacation Actually, we did our research and the cost for flights was just ridiculous. By going tues to tues flying JetBlue we saved so much money. Non-stops early morning arrival and very late departure.. $817 for 3 of us. Just changing the dates by a day added hundreds.
Same here! We're flying Wednesday to Wednesday. JetBlue too, because they offer nonstop from our airport.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 10-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #921
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
We have the same proficient and proficient with distinction.....but it's only for the NECAP testing. The report cards are still in the A-F format. Are your kids doing the NECAP testing this week? We are here.
Yeah, but only the juniors in our high school do them. I absolutely hate them-I have a 4.0 GPA and 2000 SAT, but I wasn't proficient on one of the sections of the NECAP. We also found out that if you don't have a long enough essay in the writing section, it doesn't matter how good the content is, you still get points knocked off (this was investigated by our principal). So, in my opinion, NECAPs=bullcrap.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 10-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #922
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013

Same here! We're flying Wednesday to Wednesday. JetBlue too, because they offer nonstop from our airport.
Wed. To Wed added like $800.. Hope it's cheaper for u..
Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #923
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama

I had a problem with trying to book the Thursday flight B/c the one I wanted was no longer available. If I would have booked when they first came out they probably would've been a little cheaper too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #924
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom

How come only 1 park day??
My DH and my DS15 said they didn't want to do Disney next year... Shocking I know!!!!
They wanted to stay at the Hard Rock and just do universal. I just got a new job so to celebrate I wanted to go to Disney. I had to talk DH into going to FL at all so I am super excited anyway! Just waiting for airfare now. We might be going in July.

February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #925
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie
I've listed a few new names in the first post. Please check it to see if you are there. If you have "???" next to your dates, that's because I don't know where you are staying. Please let me know. I have tickers turned off because it kills my computer and all that jumping around makes my old eyes do funny things.

Goodness, there was a lot of activity today! Everyone is getting in gear for ADRs. Makes the trip seem more real, doesn't it?
Debbie~ could you put me at Hard Rock CL instead of universal?? Thanks!!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #926
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
Wed. To Wed added like $800.. Hope it's cheaper for u..
Eek! No. I will have to ask DH if he searched Tuesday to Tuesday, though. I just know it was much better than flying on weekends.

He's handling the flights and car rental. (I know, I know, but he feels better having a car. Ask me about the year his mom had heart problems at AK while on a Disney trip with us ... and we spent most of the trip driving back and back to the hospital in Celebration!) I handle everything Disney.

It makes me twitch, not having every single detail in my hands ... but he says I need to delegate or I'll be freaking out. He knows me too well ...

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 10-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #927
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Does anyone here a Southwest Visa? I need help! My first billing cycle closed yesterday and all the points show on the statement. But nothing when I login to the SW Rapid Rewards account. Does it take a day to get into that account or do I need to manually transfer them over???
I have a SW VISA, but I don't watch the timing that closely. I think it does take a day or two after the billing cycle ends for the points to appear on the Southwest site. As you know, Chase handles the credit card, so what it amounts to is Chase telling Southwest to credit your Rapid Rewards account and then SW acting on that. You don't have to do anything.

My last credit card cycle ended September 19 and the points were credited by Southwest on September 20. But, they may not have appeared on the Southwest site until the next day.

If I were you I would just keep an eye on it and contact Chase or Southwest if you don't see anything in a few days.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #928
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

So glad I booked april12th the day sw released! We got 135.00 nonstop leaving bdl. Now I wait for sw to open on oct22 so I can book the return. Good luck with your flights
DS (14)
Lily
Old 10-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #929
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post

It makes me twitch, not having every single detail in my hands ... but he says I need to delegate or I'll be freaking out. He knows me too well ...
I only freak out if I try to delegate
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #930
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

I'm kicking myself for not booking SW when the rates were released. $129 non-stop from PHL each way is now $153 and $258 respectively. Ugh!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: