Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #886
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney

We've been to Tony's a couple of times I thought it was fine. My boys love t- Rex! AKL is so pretty we've never been to Sanaa b/c of our picky eaters but Boma was awesome!! We haven't been to LeCellier since 2009 would like to go again. I am so excited about BOG!!!! It will be my only ADR since we'll only have 1 park day

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
How come only 1 park day??
Old 10-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #887
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981
I am one week away to ADR time and I have NO plans yet!!!!! I have not decided which parks on which days...... !!!!!!
Do you need help?? I love to plan the days lol.. Get on it girl!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #888
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom

Do you need help?? I love to plan the days lol.. Get on it girl!!
Ha! I think just being back to work has KILLED my enthusiasm as any free time I have at night is an early to bed! I subscribed to touring plans but haven't used it yet, I bought the unofficial guide, but haven't read it. Plus- the family is awaiting 2014 DCL itineraries in the next couple weeks and that has semi distracted.....#disproblems lol

We are driving from CT.....check into pop century April 14 and check out April 19. Was planning 3 day hopper and 1 day resort pools. Family includes DH, DS will be 4 and DD will be almost 2. Wanted dis jun character breakfast and Ohana character..... Can't decide bw the two. Also, bier garten will probably be a good fit for the little ones and beer loving husband and a brewery in boardwalk could be a possibility.....maybe on arrival night? Feel free to plan it up lol

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #889
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ha! I think just being back to work has KILLED my enthusiasm as any free time I have at night is an early to bed! I subscribed to touring plans but haven't used it yet, I bought the unofficial guide, but haven't read it. Plus- the family is awaiting 2014 DCL itineraries in the next couple weeks and that has semi distracted.....#disproblems lol

We are driving from CT.....check into pop century April 14 and check out April 19. Was planning 3 day hopper and 1 day resort pools. Family includes DH, DS will be 4 and DD will be almost 2. Wanted dis jun character breakfast and Ohana character..... Can't decide bw the two. Also, bier garten will probably be a good fit for the little ones and beer loving husband and a brewery in boardwalk could be a possibility.....maybe on arrival night? Feel free to plan it up lol
First off. Your kids are the perfect ages for character meals. Who are their favorites?? We always go to Chef Mickeys even though the food sometimes is touch and go..but, the kids love it.. I really enjoyed Ohanas. But for dinner, not for breakfast. Beirgarten is perfect. Lots of distractions. I have heard nothing good about the brewery at the boardwalk. I would suggest something else.. I will look at the crowd calendar and check out your days. Will u make it to ripe drop??
Old 10-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #890
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Yes my kids get up really early. They know the dis junior characters, Mickey Mouse clubhouse characters, chip and Dale.....my son loves Stitch = reason for Ohana.

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 10-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #891
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom

First off. Your kids are the perfect ages for character meals. Who are their favorites?? We always go to Chef Mickeys even though the food sometimes is touch and go..but, the kids love it.. I really enjoyed Ohanas. But for dinner, not for breakfast. Beirgarten is perfect. Lots of distractions. I have heard nothing good about the brewery at the boardwalk. I would suggest something else.. I will look at the crowd calendar and check out your days. Will u make it to ripe drop??
Maybe Ohana on arrival night? Is it family friendly for dinner? My son is a little ummm hyperactive lol. Dinner at Ohana has the characters too?

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #892
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Ohana only has characters at breakfast.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #893
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Maybe Ohana on arrival night? Is it family friendly for dinner? My son is a little ummm hyperactive lol. Dinner at Ohana has the characters too?
Yes ohana has LILO and Stitch just for breakfast. But dinner is great. They do a parade with the kids and its definitely busy and noisy and kid friendly. I love the family style meal.. Also, the poly is awesome. I love it there.. You can do an early dinner and then hang there for a bit. The pool looks awesome lit up and you can watch the electric water pared and fireworks from the poly beach.. Rope drop for you may work.. Get to the parks right when they are opening spend a couple of hours then back to your resort for a nap.. Then back out at night..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #894
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Opinions......hang on to hopper option for 3 days or do a four day non hopper? I've never not been a hopper, but I also haven't done a WDW vacation in ages and I've never done it with kids.

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 10-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #895
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Opinions......hang on to hopper option for 3 days or do a four day non hopper? I've never not been a hopper, but I also haven't done a WDW vacation in ages and I've never done it with kids.
Hang on to the hopper. It's always great to have the option to go to another park..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #896
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I've listed a few new names in the first post. Please check it to see if you are there. If you have "???" next to your dates, that's because I don't know where you are staying. Please let me know. I have tickers turned off because it kills my computer and all that jumping around makes my old eyes do funny things.

Goodness, there was a lot of activity today! Everyone is getting in gear for ADRs. Makes the trip seem more real, doesn't it?
Old 10-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #897
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
I am one week away to ADR time and I have NO plans yet!!!!! I have not decided which parks on which days...... !!!!!!
I am only 18 days away from ADR time and I am in the same boat you are!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #898
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24mouseketeers

I am only 18 days away from ADR time and I am in the same boat you are!
I'm 14 days away from ADR time and I have a rough idea about where I want. Had a talkwith my Bf about it last night and he doesn't want to be tied down too much, or for meals to dictate where we spend our time so he suggested only booking ADRs for evening meals every 3 or 4 days.

Is this realistic? I don't mind QS during the day but will I be able to 'walk in' to places in the evening, esp in the DTD area?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:50 AM   #899
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefjp View Post
I'm 14 days away from ADR time and I have a rough idea about where I want. Had a talkwith my Bf about it last night and he doesn't want to be tied down too much, or for meals to dictate where we spend our time so he suggested only booking ADRs for evening meals every 3 or 4 days.

Is this realistic? I don't mind QS during the day but will I be able to 'walk in' to places in the evening, esp in the DTD area?
I guess it depends where you are. I wouldn't expect to find any openings in the parks. I just searched for dinner openings for tonight at MK and there's only ONE opening in the whole park -- 4:20 at the Plaza.

I'm sure there will be *something* available at DTD but may not be what you are in the mood for and you may have to go in/out several restaurants before you find something availalbe. Looking at tonight there are a good handful of openings but I expect the list will get smaller as the day goes on.
As an example Fulton's Crab House has only 3 openings - 4:40, 8:20 and 9:30.
if you do plan on just walking in places I would plan to eat super early (4ish) or super late (after 8:00)
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #900
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefjp

I am the same way. First time on dining plan we had 3 meals a day. It was just too much And we felt like we running from reservation to reservation. The past 2 times I did mostly 1 ressie a day and more often then not the ressie was for dinner. The exception to that rule is if we do a breakfast. My personal opinion. Make 1 ressie a day for dinner..
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: