Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #646
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys
I see lots of familiar names from last April too!!! Hi everyone!
I remember you too!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #647
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
We're early birds so my strategy is make use of the morning EMH when possible (we always get there a few minutes before rope drop) and in all other instances ALWAYS avoid the park with evening EMH b/c people tend to head there late morning/early afternoon with the intention of staying for the evening EMH, which we will never, ever do b/c we're in bed by 8-9:00.
You sound like us. We are up and at 'em between 5:00 and 5:30 every day. I hate sitting around a hotel room waiting, so we will definitely be at all the parks that have morning EMH. We have park hopppers, so we leave the park and go back to our room for an afternoon break, and then go to another park for the the evening. In the evening we choose a park that does not have pm EMH. I'm going to be pushing it to get dh able to stay for Illuminations one night and Wishes (will it still be Wishes? I've heard some talk about replacing it) another night. That was the one good thing about November for us -- Wishes was at 7:00 some nights.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 09-26-2012 at 02:18 PM.
pwdebbie is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #648
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
You sound like us. We are up and at 'em between 5:00 and 5:30 every day. I hate sitting around a hotel room waiting, so we will definitely be at all the parks that morning EMH. We have park hopppers, so we leave the park and go back to our room for an afternoon break, and then go to another park for the the evening. In the evening we choose a park that does not have pm EMH. I'm going to be pushing it to get dh able to stay for Illuminations one night and Wishes (will it still be Wishes? I've heard some talk about replacing it) another night. That was the one good thing about November for us -- Wishes was at 7:00 some nights.
It's so funny how everyone is different in their traveling styles. When my family is at Disney, we totally sleep in and stay out late...I think the earliest we woke up this past July was 9:30???

Nope, take that back, one morning I did set the alarm because in all of my trips to Disney, we never made rope drop for MK - we finally did it!!!

However, we are going to try and make it to some Early EMH's this time. I think we can do it since the parks aren't open as late as when we normally go, but we shall see....
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #649
Iamajoy79
I love my hubby, but my heart belongs to Mickey....
 
Iamajoy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Farmingdale, NY
Posts: 67

Count me in.... We are going April 12th - 21st. It was confirmed last night We stayed at POR the last 2 visits and were thinking of staying at the BWI again because DH loves the location. I have wanted to stay at the POLY, but we were both shot down by DD6 who said she wants to stay where we usually stay because it is homey. POR is homey and we do love it, so it's settled. I went online to show DD the new rooms at POR and to my surprise she is not interested in the new Royal Rooms. She would prefer to stay in Aligator Bayou. She's a funny kid. I am booking our resi now, but am really hoping for a discount offer to come out for April. We have gotten discounts for March in the past, but since Easter is early this year I am wondering if they will offer anything at all. Either way, I am so excited that I can start booking ADR's in a few weeks
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD 8) (DS 3)

<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/rg965tp8tb2wf6vv.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Iamajoy79 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #650
Jen12573
DIS Veteran
 
Jen12573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wayne, PA
Posts: 873

So, while DH and I wait for our Disney trip with my parents and brother, I just booked a trip to Vegas for 12/3-12/6. We'll be there for my birthday, and it'll be our first time there. We can't wait.

Also, my best friend and I take a vacation every year, this is our 12th. This year, we're headed to Charleston, SC over Veterans Day weekend. So, even with WDW just over 6 months away, I've got stuff to keep me occupied! Yay, travel!
__________________
Jen12573 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #651
Jays2013
Mouseketeer
 
Jays2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WNY
Posts: 196

Mousemommy1, we're kind of like that. Or we were. DH and I, pre-kids, worked approx. 5:30 p.m .to 1:30 a.m. for years and we were used to later hours. DS1 was a night owl, for a baby, as well. When we went in 2006 with very young DS1, I don't think we were ever at the parks before 10 or 11 a.m.

Now DS2, who likes being up early, is here and both boys are in school ... so we're simply used to earlier hours. I work days. DH still works nights, but earlier ones (until about 10-11 p.m.), and he's used to being up early anyway with the boys.

It's making this trip a little different to plan. DH doesn't like the idea, at all, of being there for morning EMH or rope drop ... but then I remind him that the boys will probably be up anyway. It doesn't take us long to get ready. (Plus, DH insists on renting a car, so we're not bus-dependent.) So perhaps we should take advantage of that ... ?

Should be interesting.
__________________
Early planning for April 2015!

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Jays2013 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #652
dlrhine
DIS Veteran who was away for a while (having babies!) but I'm back!
 
dlrhine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Harrisburg, PA, United States
Posts: 559

Count us in!!!

We'll be at POFQ from April 20-28th celebrating both DH and My 40th B-days. DH B-day is April 18th and mine is April 24th!! Woo.. hoo!!!!
__________________
Diane
1995 WDW College Program Blizzard Beach Lifeguard
(11)(10) (Sulley is his name )
dlrhine is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #653
Stefjp
Mouseketeer
 
Stefjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrhine
We'll be at POFQ from April 20-28th celebrating both DH and My 40th B-days. DH B-day is April 18th and mine is April 24th!! Woo.. hoo!!!!
Our trips overlap :-) we arrive at POFQ on April 23rd
Stefjp is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #654
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrhine View Post
We'll be at POFQ from April 20-28th celebrating both DH and My 40th B-days. DH B-day is April 18th and mine is April 24th!! Woo.. hoo!!!!
My Birthday is April 24th too. I dont get to WDW until the day you are leaving.
__________________
bigjrfan88 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #655
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 381

Just an FYI.

Josh at easywdw.com has his analysis up for the month of April. Looks like he needs to do some tweaking, but its there!
__________________
bigjrfan88 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #656
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,640

awesome, thanks. Just what I need -- *another* crowd calendar to come up with my park schedule, lol. I'm gonna print them all and this weekend make my "master plan". I think my 180 mark is next week or the week after. Must be prepared!
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #657
Jays2013
Mouseketeer
 
Jays2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WNY
Posts: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88 View Post
Just an FYI.

Josh at easywdw.com has his analysis up for the month of April. Looks like he needs to do some tweaking, but its there!
Ooooh, thanks.

Funny, it seems almost opposite touringplans.com. It's been a long time since I'vd done this. Thoughts on which to go by?

We're going to MK on April 25 no matter what, because that's the first park I want the boys to see. The rest is negotiable.
__________________
Early planning for April 2015!

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Jays2013 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #658
wdw71
DIS Veteran
 
wdw71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013

Ooooh, thanks.

Funny, it seems almost opposite touringplans.com. It's been a long time since I'vd done this. Thoughts on which to go by?

We're going to MK on April 25 no matter what, because that's the first park I want the boys to see. The rest is negotiable.
I have always used TP and have never been let down. I really think the actual touring plan is more important than best park days. I am going to look at easy WDW though.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Contemporary 1979 Offsite 1984 Offsite 1986 Offsite 1992 Offsite 1994 Offsite 1997 POR 2008 POP 2009 Wilderness Lodge 2010 POFQ 2013
wdw71 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #659
tlh4hart
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: oregon
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamajoy79
Count me in.... We are going April 12th - 21st. It was confirmed last night We stayed at POR the last 2 visits and were thinking of staying at the BWI again because DH loves the location. I have wanted to stay at the POLY, but we were both shot down by DD6 who said she wants to stay where we usually stay because it is homey. POR is homey and we do love it, so it's settled. I went online to show DD the new rooms at POR and to my surprise she is not interested in the new Royal Rooms. She would prefer to stay in Aligator Bayou. She's a funny kid. I am booking our resi now, but am really hoping for a discount offer to come out for April. We have gotten discounts for March in the past, but since Easter is early this year I am wondering if they will offer anything at all. Either way, I am so excited that I can start booking ADR's in a few weeks
I am going to be there on the same dates, but because I will be attending a convention at CS, thats where I will be staying. This will be my 3rd trip to WDW but the first time on site. And I am so excited, I am planning my nights, as the convention will take up my days, I can make ADR's 10/14 and have everything lined up, I am hoping it will be a bit easier as I am traveling solo. I love this board and listening to everyone's stories and magical memories.
tlh4hart is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #660
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran
 
loganpaulsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh4hart

I am going to be there on the same dates, but because I will be attending a convention at CS, thats where I will be staying. This will be my 3rd trip to WDW but the first time on site. And I am so excited, I am planning my nights, as the convention will take up my days, I can make ADR's 10/14 and have everything lined up, I am hoping it will be a bit easier as I am traveling solo. I love this board and listening to everyone's stories and magical memories.
I'll b at the CSR around the same time as you.. Is it a big Conference that week?
loganpaulsmom is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.