Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #46
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!

We were able to book our DVC (rented points) stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House a couple of weeks ago. We booked at 11 months out so that we'd have the best chance of getting a Value Studio. This trip, it will just be DH, DD3 (4 at the time of the trip) and me, so that's plenty of room...especially since we're hardly ever in the room!

DH47 ME42 DS22 DD5

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

Old 05-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #47
Makcarly
Mouseketeer

I am still completely on the fence about where to stay. It seems like the more places I look, the more confused I am. It will most likely be a moderate resort though. Maybe POFQ? That's one I keep looking at the most.
Mom/son getaway: September 2014- POP

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #48
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

nope for the price of a studio, the AOA suite would be waaaay more money. We were looking at a standard room at AOA, or studio at BW or possibly POR preferred room (alligator bayou side) hmmmmmm. Hoping all of Fantasyland will be open by then!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 05-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #49
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makcarly View Post
I am still completely on the fence about where to stay. It seems like the more places I look, the more confused I am. It will most likely be a moderate resort though. Maybe POFQ? That's one I keep looking at the most.
Have you visited the POFQ FAQ thread, or the POFQ pictures thread? Both might help you to decide. I've only ever stayed at POFQ, so I don't have a way to compare. Dh liked POFQ and if that's what dh wants, that's what dh gets. (I confess, if I ever go without him, I most likely will try a different resort, just to experience something new.)
Old 05-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #50
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!

Quote:
I've never stayed at a Moderate (We stayed Value when DS was very little, and Deluxe/DVC since then) but I've done a lot of research over the years, and POFQ is definitely the resort I'd choose if we ever stayed Moderate. Of course, it's a matter of personal taste & preference, but I love the look of the resort, the QS dining options seem pretty yummy, and I've heard the bus service is okay, too. We've only ever visited, but it's so beautiful, and there's the added benefit of POR to enjoy both properties and pools.

Good luck deciding!

DH47 ME42 DS22 DD5

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

Old 05-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #51
JeanetteK
Mouseketeer

DH and I returned 3 weeks ago from our first trip to WDW. We stayed at Coronado Springs and absolutely LOVED it. It is such a beautiful resort and we cannot wait to go back.

Tentatively planning for April 20 - 27, 2013!! Those dates are subject to change, but we are definitely going back in 2013!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #52
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Can't quite believe it was only a month ago we were in the Magic Kingdom right now. My wife has officially stated we'll be making a return trip someday. The deciding factor for her? The enormous cinnamon buns you can get at the Main Street bakery!!! She's been dreaming about them ever since!

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
Old 05-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #53
Meg1884
Mouseketeer

Add me to the list! We aren't sure of the exact dates because we are hoping for some discounts to come out later this year but right now we are looking at April 25-30th most likely staying at Coronado Springs.

Chuck's Birthday PTR

Chuck's May 2011 Birthday Trip Report

July 1989 Grand Floridian * July 1996 Grand Floridian * June 1998 Beach Club * February 2008 Pop Century * October 2009 Polynesian * May 2011 Caribbean Beach * June 2014 Art of Animation *
Old 05-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #54
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
Can't quite believe it was only a month ago we were in the Magic Kingdom right now. My wife has officially stated we'll be making a return trip somedfl:
ugh, this made me realize - exactly 1 month ago today we were on our flight home from there. So sad. It feels like a million years ago, lol
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 05-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #55
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Add me to the list!!

April 8-13 right now. Not 100% sure on where we will stay. Either 2 LM rooms @ AOA, POR, or BC depending on if there's any discounts avail for that time!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #56
Makcarly
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when we will be able to price and make reservations for Magic Your Way packages on the website? It's my understanding you can make room only reservations by calling Disney but I can't wait to play around with different scenarios and see what's best for our budget.
Mom/son getaway: September 2014- POP

Old 05-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #57
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

it should be june-july
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 05-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #58
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone know when we will be able to price and make reservations for Magic Your Way packages on the website? It's my understanding you can make room only reservations by calling Disney but I can't wait to play around with different scenarios and see what's best for our budget.
As soon as the price increases are pubished, you should be able to make MYW reservations. Play around now and add 5% to your numbers to get an idea of your cost. Save some of reservations you are pricing and then see if maybe you just don't end up with an email with a PIN code.

A few weeks ago I was looking at prices for WL in Nov. or Dec. during the non-peak weeks and saved them (thinking maybe a short mother/daughter trip). A few days later I received an email with a picture of the Wilderness Lodge and down in the lower right corner (I almost overlooked it) was a PIN. I called and it was for 20% off.

Dh just said yesterday that if the dog dies this summer, he'd like to go back in the fall. I immediately told him I really wanted to go next April because I like the Flower and Garden Festival so much more than the Food and Wine Festival and he said, "So, then, let's do both!" Well, all righty then . . . but the dog isn't dead yet, lol. And it's not like we have unlimited finances!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #59
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotdbltrbl View Post
We will be going 4/20-4/28, and I am SO excited! Planning is half the fun, especially when there is someone to share it with! (My family thinks I am just a little too "nerdy" when it comes to Disney, but they sure don't mind coming along with me!). So far the only set plan we have is our 4 day Disney Cruise leaving Sunday 4/21 returning back to WDW Thurs 4/23. Anyone else on that cruise!? I am going to try to rent DVC points and surprise the kids with AKL for just one night when we arrive, I am a little nervous about that, I've never rented points. Then PC for the end of the trip is what I plan on booking. Now it's just a waiting game and hope for discounts to come up for next April
Omg! We're on the same cruise!! My husband and I are staying at the BCV on the 20th, doing the cruise, then nine nights back at BCV , so excited to get back on DCL, it will have been 7 years! Very happy to see someone else (from New England no less ) going on this cruise!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #60
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Omg! We're on the same cruise!! My husband and I are staying at the BCV on the 20th, doing the cruise, then nine nights back at BCV , so excited to get back on DCL, it will have been 7 years! Very happy to see someone else (from New England no less ) going on this cruise!
gotdbltrbl posted a change (see post # 40). Looks like they are going to be on the cruise right before yours instead.

I'd like to put you on the first page but not sure of your dates. I've got the one night (20th) but not sure how long the cruise is and when you will check in for your nine-night stay.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: