Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #451
LUVMICKEY
DIS Veteran

We Will be there April 20-30. Staying at BCV. We can't wait to be back at our home away from home. Just 230 Days to go

Old 09-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #452
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
This is true, it was taken down in 2011.
:O I didn't know that, lol! Too bad, it was the best parking deal for vacations.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #453
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

So I decided to tell my girls we are going back to Disney by setting up all our scrapbooking supplies, with their scrapbooks we purchased for our 2011 trip. (yes I know bad mommy taking so long to do scrapbooks)

I had all the supplies out, and they walked in from school all excited that they were going to get to do Disney scrapbooks! They thought that was the big treat for the day!

We started going through our photos and of course laughing over stories about experiences like bouncing with Tigger, saying "Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine..." with the seagulls outside Living Seas with Nemo and Friends, and my teen son sleeping with his new puppet... I asked the girls if they wanted to go back to Disney, of course they said yes.... I quietly opened my computer, showed them our Reservation on Disney Travel online - and they both started jumping up and down screaming!

It was awesome! Hubby recorded it for posterity!

I am in full planning and scrapbooking mode now! lol

How did you tell your fam?

T
Old 09-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #454
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24mouseketeers View Post
So I decided to tell my girls we are going back to Disney by setting up all our scrapbooking supplies, with their scrapbooks we purchased for our 2011 trip. (yes I know bad mommy taking so long to do scrapbooks)

I had all the supplies out, and they walked in from school all excited that they were going to get to do Disney scrapbooks! They thought that was the big treat for the day!

We started going through our photos and of course laughing over stories about experiences like bouncing with Tigger, saying "Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine..." with the seagulls outside Living Seas with Nemo and Friends, and my teen son sleeping with his new puppet... I asked the girls if they wanted to go back to Disney, of course they said yes.... I quietly opened my computer, showed them our Reservation on Disney Travel online - and they both started jumping up and down screaming!

It was awesome! Hubby recorded it for posterity!

I am in full planning and scrapbooking mode now! lol

T
That is awesome!!!!! I am sure they are so excited!!!

The first time we brought our girls was in 2009, they were 3 and 5. They didn't really get it until we were at the airport going there though.

Their 2nd trip was in Feb 2011, and we decided to surprise them by telling them at Christmas, so they unwrapped all of their presents and then the last ones were shirts that said "I'm going to Disneyworld"...it took a while for them to get it (they were 4 and 6) but then they we jumping up and down. It was the longest 2 months to February.

Their 3rd trip was this past July, and they knew as soon as it was booked, so for a whole year....

They know about this one too, because we had purchased APs and knew we'd be going back within the year.

I am so glad that Our girls love Disney as much as DH and I. I allow them to help plan and they love that!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #455
ZeroMyHero
Mouseketeer

213 days and counting!
Coronado Springs May '08
Port Orleans Riverside April '13
Port Orleans Riverside 2015
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #456
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:

T
My parents were cursed with an extremely intelligent kid who pretty much always figured out their Disney plans just by listening in on conversations and such. Once my brother came along, they did a couple of Christmas Day treasure hunts which ended in 'We're going to Disney!', but I still knew before, lol!

This time, my brother is 11, so I guess she decided to just tell him one day. I was at St. Paul's (an advances studies program) over the summer, and on one of the days she visited we had the conversation...it kind of went like

"Oh, by the way, we're going to Disney."
"Oh, cool."

I didn't really freak out until later xD Staying at AoA is going to be the real treat, because I don't have to share a bed or a bathroom with my brother. We're past that age. I'm excited about possibly going to a morning EMH by myself if my family doesn't feel like waking up!

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 09-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #457
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Sharing the way my parents told us once... I was 13, my brother was 3. We were packed to go skiing, leaving in 2 days, my brother came down with something. Mom takes him to the doctor, puts him on antibiotics, tells us we can go on vacation but not to somewhere cold.

Mom comes home with the sick brother and says, that's it were going to Disney.

She runs to the attic, grabs all our summer clothes, throws them in the wash, gets us repacked, Dad packs up the car and off we go to Disney from NYC.

We had no hotel reservations, but mom manages to get us a room during winter break at the Contemporary. She called every morning to extend our stay, night by night. We only had to move once, on our last night, to the Poly. We loved that trip and still talk about it. Here we are 25 years later, going back together for Easter!

Last edited by Jen12573; 09-05-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #458
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
This time, my brother is 11, so I guess she decided to just tell him one day. I was at St. Paul's (an advances studies program) over the summer, and on one of the days she visited we had the conversation...it kind of went like

"Oh, by the way, we're going to Disney."
"Oh, cool."

I didn't really freak out until later xD Staying at AoA is going to be the real treat, because I don't have to share a bed or a bathroom with my brother. We're past that age. I'm excited about possibly going to a morning EMH by myself if my family doesn't feel like waking up!
Yeah teen conversations seem to go like that!! My two boys are not going on this particular vacation - they are 18 and 16 - and they decided they wanted a cruise this summer instead - so now I am trying to talk hubby into a disney cruise! HA!

Have fun! My boys LOVED going to EMH without us - we let them stay at MK til 1am... they thought that was cool....

T
Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #459
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen12573 View Post
Sharing the way my parents told us once... I was 13, my brother was 3. We were packed to go skiing, leaving in 2 days, my brother came down with something. Mom takes him to the doctor, puts him on antibiotics, tells us we can go on vacation but not to somewhere cold.

Mom comes home with the sick brother and says, that's it were going to Disney.

She runs to the attic, grabs all our summer clothes, throws them in the wash, gets us repacked, Dad packs up the car and off we go to Disney from NYC.

We had no hotel reservations, but mom manages to get us a room during winter break at the Contemporary. She called every morning to extend our stay, night by night. We only had to move once, on our last night, to the Poly. We loved that trip and still talk about it. Here we are 25 years later, going back together for Easter!
What an awesome memory!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #460
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I am so glad that Our girls love Disney as much as DH and I. I allow them to help plan and they love that!!
yeah I am letting my girls help plan this one - they are so excited - they have already started "journals" with their notes so they know what they want to do on this next trip. My oldest daughter said she does NOT want to miss Rapunzel (we missed her last trip) so that is top of her list.

T
Old 09-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #461
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
yeah I am letting my girls help plan this one - they are so excited - they have already started "journals" with their notes so they know what they want to do on this next trip. My oldest daughter said she does NOT want to miss Rapunzel (we missed her last trip) so that is top of her list.

T
The Rapunzel meet is awesome. My sister and I did it last year (when they still had Flynn Rider-so disappointing they got rid of him!). We waited over an hour but it was definitely worth it. Did I mention we were 26 and 23 at the time? haha
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #462
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
The Rapunzel meet is awesome. My sister and I did it last year (when they still had Flynn Rider-so disappointing they got rid of him!). We waited over an hour but it was definitely worth it. Did I mention we were 26 and 23 at the time? haha
We did the Rapunzel M&G in 2011, when they still had Flynn, and it was great! We did wait 1.5 hours, which my little ones were all to happy to do, but it was worth it.

We did Merida this year and that was fun too...her little bear brothers are a trip!

The other one we really like was Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen...that is one we kept missing until this year - it was awesome!!! My DD5 is very shy and Prince Naveen ran off and picked her a flower and really got her to warm up - I almost cried!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #463
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just finished creating our photo book in the Photopass website for our July trip. LOVED going through all the pictures and reliving the most perfect trip! Then got sad because I've got 223 days until we are there again!

I miss Disney!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #464
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Made the leap, and switched to AOA today. Now I'm a little more excited. Just wasn't excited about returning to POR, but way excited now.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Old 09-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #465
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
We did the Rapunzel M&G in 2011, when they still had Flynn, and it was great! We did wait 1.5 hours, which my little ones were all to happy to do, but it was worth it.

We did Merida this year and that was fun too...her little bear brothers are a trip!

The other one we really like was Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen...that is one we kept missing until this year - it was awesome!!! My DD5 is very shy and Prince Naveen ran off and picked her a flower and really got her to warm up - I almost cried!!!
I am hoping Merida will still be there next April. I love meeting the newer characters, and like they did with Flynn, you just never know how long they'll be around. I also learned my lesson with the Up characters (though I was able to make up for that one this past April since they had Dug and Russell at DAK).

Ohhh yes, Tiana and Naveen is another good one! My sisters and I loved meeting them too. We're from Wisconsin so they started talking about cheese.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: