Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #421
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm just going to throw in our CBR experience with cheerleaders....and maybe this is part of the reason we don't like CBR. But, the cheerleaders would be out in the parking lots rehearsing their routines until LATE hours of the night. We were soooo annoyed that no one made them be quiet!

And then, on mornings when they would go to the parks, if you found 2 cheerleaders in line for a bus, forget it! By the time the bus came, there would be 20 and they would cut you because the first two were "saving their place" and they had to stay together.

Well for the record - I called WDT and asked for a resort change - I am glad I did after reading your post!!!!

We are now staying at the POR - Riverside - in one of the Royal Guest Rooms! My two daughters are ecstatic! My teen sons are disappointed we are not with cheerleaders anymore! HA!

Thanks for the input, it definitely made a difference for us!

T
Old 09-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #422
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24mouseketeers View Post
Well for the record - I called WDT and asked for a resort change - I am glad I did after reading your post!!!!

We are now staying at the POR - Riverside - in one of the Royal Guest Rooms! My two daughters are ecstatic! My teen sons are disappointed we are not with cheerleaders anymore! HA!

Thanks for the input, it definitely made a difference for us!

T
Wooohoooo!!! Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. The cheerleaders were annoying.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #423
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wooohoooo!!! Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. The cheerleaders were annoying.
Yeah, they can be - we did competition cheer for a few years, and honestly we enjoyed it, but I know even being there with the cheerleaders I was annoyed when we were in our hotels at competitions. I know for us, especially my DH, we like to relax and enjoy - and what you described would annoy us too. But I do understand they are competiting and very serious about winning... just not on my vacation!

Thanks again! I am now looking forward to the new resort, with new rooms! Never stayed at POR so I am looking forward to something different.

T
Old 09-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #424
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24mouseketeers View Post
Yeah, they can be - we did competition cheer for a few years, and honestly we enjoyed it, but I know even being there with the cheerleaders I was annoyed when we were in our hotels at competitions. I know for us, especially my DH, we like to relax and enjoy - and what you described would annoy us too. But I do understand they are competiting and very serious about winning... just not on my vacation!

Thanks again! I am now looking forward to the new resort, with new rooms! Never stayed at POR so I am looking forward to something different.

T
POR looks beautiful!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #425
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Made some changes to our reservation, it now stands as follows:
4/18/13-4/23/13 Yacht Club!!!!
and then
4/23/13-4/28/13 Polynesian Club Level!!!!

I really do feel that this is the best of both worlds (to quote Hannah Montana, lol)...so feel free to change my info on page one...
Got it! Thanks! I'd love to be able to spend some of our trip at an Epcot resort, especially since so many of our meals will probably be in that area.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #426
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Got it! Thanks! I'd love to be able to spend some of our trip at an Epcot resort, especially since so many of our meals will probably be in that area.
Yes, we really wanted to spend time at an Epcot resort for our trip in July because of the walking access to DHS and Epcot, but then since it was July...in Florida, we didn't think our little ones (or us, for that matter) would be too excited about walking a mile in the heat and humidity...

In April, it should be great!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #427
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

I paid 99 cents for a Disney-themed countdown app...shouldn't really have done it, all it does is cycle through four pictures of the parks, but at least I know we have 229 days left. Well, it was only 99 cents!

No flights booked as of yet, SW fares for our dates aren't out. We can't fly JB because we only go out of MHT (Manchester, NH). We'll get there, though!

I'm glad that we have school now, since that makes the days go by faster, at least for me. I've got two dual-credit college courses in the morning, so they make everything faster...

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #428
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
I paid 99 cents for a Disney-themed countdown app...shouldn't really have done it, all it does is cycle through four pictures of the parks, but at least I know we have 229 days left. Well, it was only 99 cents!

No flights booked as of yet, SW fares for our dates aren't out. We can't fly JB because we only go out of MHT (Manchester, NH). We'll get there, though!

I'm glad that we have school now, since that makes the days go by faster, at least for me. I've got two dual-credit college courses in the morning, so they make everything faster...
I have that app!! LOL!

Just an FYI....we have always flown out of MHT since we live here. Southwest has always been awesome. The prices right now are outrageous though...looking like at least $1700 for our family of four. I got crazy airfare on Jet Blue, the four of us for $950!!!!! Yes, we have to fly out of Logan, but at that price we were able to extend our trip from 8 nights to 10!!! Worth looking into....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #429
Alice Royal

Quote:
I have that app!! LOL!

Just an FYI....we have always flown out of MHT since we live here. Southwest has always been awesome. The prices right now are outrageous though...looking like at least $1700 for our family of four. I got crazy airfare on Jet Blue, the four of us for $950!!!!! Yes, we have to fly out of Logan, but at that price we were able to extend our trip from 8 nights to 10!!! Worth looking into....
Yeah, I hear you. Unfortunately, I can't make any decisions, since my mom is in charge. We'll see what she does xD

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #430
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I hear you. Unfortunately, I can't make any decisions, since my mom is in charge. We'll see what she does xD
LOL! I saw afterwards that you were 16.

Maybe you could mention it to your mom.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #431
Alice Royal

Quote:
LOL! I saw afterwards that you were 16.

Maybe you could mention it to your mom.
Well, she seems to think that she'll be able to jump on fares as soon as they open (we leave on the 20th), and since she's a travel agent I'm guessing she has some sort of tricks up her sleeve. She also refuses to drive to Boston, since it's expensive to park, I guess. I'll just sit back and let her take care of it...I just want to get down there! xD

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 09-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #432
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have that app!! LOL!

Another NH MHT lover here! I was very tempted by those JetBlue fares out of Logan but didn't do it. We opened a Southwest Visa at the beginning of August & already have the 50,000 bonus points credited to our account so that should make a dent in our airfare. Anxious to see what they come out with on 10/15. We've flown JetBlue out of Portland, ME too. It's about an hour for us either way so we opted for the smaller airport & it worked out well.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #433
Alice Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Another NH MHT lover here! I was very tempted by those JetBlue fares out of Logan but didn't do it. We opened a Southwest Visa at the beginning of August & already have the 50,000 bonus points credited to our account so that should make a dent in our airfare. Anxious to see what they come out with on 10/15. We've flown JetBlue out of Portland, ME too. It's about an hour for us either way so we opted for the smaller airport & it worked out well.
That's what my mom has, lol! I forgot about that, we have tons of SW points. Okay, back to the regularly scheduled...waiting?

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 09-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #434
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, she seems to think that she'll be able to jump on fares as soon as they open (we leave on the 20th), and since she's a travel agent I'm guessing she has some sort of tricks up her sleeve. She also refuses to drive to Boston, since it's expensive to park, I guess. I'll just sit back and let her take care of it...I just want to get down there! xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

That's my usual tactic...to book as soon as the fares are released, but I've been pricing out the fare for similar travel the past two releases and neither time has it been less than $1700. We typically pay around $1200 for the four of us. Believe me, MHT is super convenient for us...7 minutes for our house vs. 45 minutes to Logan and we love SW but those rates are just too high. Plus, we know a guy who owns a limo company and is doing our round trip transport to Logan for $100 so we are trading Logan for two extra nights at Disney for less than what it would cost to fly out of Manch.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #435
Alice Royal

We live in Claremont, so it already takes an hour to get to MHT. I'm guessing it's about three hours to Logan. We want to fly out really early in order to get to the parks, so getting up at like 1AM for a three-hour drive wouldn't exactly work, lol. I guess we'll see how it all works out..We've been saving SW points for ages because I'm potentially flying to Orlando a couple more times to audition for college scholarships.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: