Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #391
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen12573 View Post
Yay, I have a home!! March just didn't seem fitting for this trip, thanks for welcoming me in with open arms!

I hope your pooper perseveres and you unabashedly get to WDW in April with no worries on your mind. Ours is like family, so I understand how it can be.

Happy planning everyone!
Well, if she perseveres, we WON'T be going. In the past our dd has dog sat for us, she lives next door. However, our Lady is needing more trips out and our dd can't run over here often enough. It used to be four "outs" a day. Now it is more like six to eight. Plus, our dd expects to be moving and I can't count on her still being here any way to dog sit. Nope, the only option for us to go is for Lady to move to doggie heaven.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #392
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Why avoid EMH parks? I've seen lots of people say that. Are they the most crowded? Is it never an advantage to utilizing the EMH?
My plan is to hit the morning EMH parks in the mornings. But I also avoid the evening EMH park because they do tend to be more crowded. We do our morning EMH park, leave after lunch, spend the afternoon in our room, and then choose a non-EMH park for the evening. Morning EMH parks are not nearly as crowded in the morning as evening EMH parks are in the evening. We are morning people, so this works great for us. Dh normally heads to bed at 8:00 p.m. (he is disabled) so we would never take advantage of evening EMH any way. I'm wishing Wishes were earlier in April. When we went in November, it was as early as 7:00 p.m.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #393
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
My plan is to hit the morning EMH parks in the mornings. But I also avoid the evening EMH park because they do tend to be more crowded. We do our morning EMH park, leave after lunch, spend the afternoon in our room, and then choose a non-EMH park for the evening. Morning EMH parks are not nearly as crowded in the morning as evening EMH parks are in the evening. We are morning people, so this works great for us. Dh normally heads to bed at 8:00 p.m. (he is disabled)m.
that's what we do but we either soldier thru and finish the park at like 3:00ish (b/c we start so early and get so much done in the first couple hours), or else we leave after lunch and then go back later around dinner time (we don't get Hoppers), and since that park had morning EMH, it doesn't have evening EMH -- so we don't have to worry about all the evening EMHers crowding the park.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 08-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #394
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

So today I bought myself a brand new Disney themed notebook (it has Micky & Donald on the front) in which I intend to make all my lists whilst planning my trip :-) yay!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #395
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefjp View Post
So today I bought myself a brand new Disney themed notebook (it has Micky & Donald on the front) in which I intend to make all my lists whilst planning my trip :-) yay!
Woohoo!!! I always have a Disney themed folder that I keep all of my stuff in!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #396
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama

that's what we do but we either soldier thru and finish the park at like 3:00ish (b/c we start so early and get so much done in the first couple hours), or else we leave after lunch and then go back later around dinner time (we don't get Hoppers), and since that park had morning EMH, it doesn't have evening EMH -- so we don't have to worry about all the evening EMHers crowding the park.
No hoppers??? Would like this option since the hoppers are significantly cheaper but we are only doing three days sooo we will hop!!

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 08-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #397
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

GAH! Now I am totally rethinking AoA (even tho my kids will LOOOVE it) and dreaming about the Poly. My rationale being if they put out a room only discount, I can probably get 30% off Poly vs. only 15% for AoA. We'd be giving up the suite though and IDK if we're ready to share a room with the kids, lol. But I keep looking at the photos of the Poly......... in addition to the monorail......

Of course the Disney site's been down all night so I can't actually run any numbers.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
Old 08-31-2012, 09:53 PM   #398
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GAH! Now I am totally rethinking AoA (even tho my kids will LOOOVE it) and dreaming about the Poly. My rationale being if they put out a room only discount, I can probably get 30% off Poly vs. only 15% for AoA. We'd be giving up the suite though and IDK if we're ready to share a room with the kids, lol. But I keep looking at the photos of the Poly......... in addition to the monorail......

Of course the Disney site's been down all night so I can't actually run any numbers.
How do you get 30% off?

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 09-01-2012, 02:19 AM   #399
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

Quote:

It's good to try new places though 😄 Go to AoA while it's new - Polys not going anywhere
Old 09-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #400
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Dismom - I'm assuming they offer room discounts for that period.

Stef -- you're right though. And upon further thought, the kids will reallllly love AoA so might as well go while they're young and will appreciate the WOW factor of it. I can save Poly for when they're older.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #401
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

I think il save up to do Poly next time. I'm at POFQ this time.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #402
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Woohoo!!! I always have a Disney themed folder that I keep all of my stuff in!!!
Just a folder? I have an entire dresser drawer devoted to Disney stuff.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #403
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Just a folder? I have an entire dresser drawer devoted to Disney stuff.
I didn't say everything stays in the folder...

229 days until Disney!!!!!

It has been 38 days since we were there....

I most definitely have a problem!!!! I'm just glad the DH agrees that the 11 day trip we had last month was the perfect length....and that we'll get another 11 day trip in April.

I should just go live there...and I'm contemplating an October trip again...those darn AP's!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #404
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

This will be our shortest Disney stay at 8 nights. It makes me a little sad but with a 7 night cruise after I guess I have no room to complain.

Poly is my DH's dream resort. I would love to take him there someday, but it would require a serious discount. It's kind of funny because he has become kind of tight fisted with money, but he wants to stay at Poly. Of course he doesn't want to pay for it.

Since we are staying at a One-Bedroom at Bonnet Creek for $78.50/night with a King size bed, kitchen, laundry machines, and garden size tub, I may not ever be able to coax him back to a Disney owned resort.

I just can't seem to get as motivated planning the cruise as I used to get about Disney. I have joined Cruise Critic, but just don't have the same desire to be my normal over-planning self.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 09-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #405
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
This will be our shortest Disney stay at 8 nights. It makes me a little sad but with a 7 night cruise after I guess I have no room to complain.

Poly is my DH's dream resort. I would love to take him there someday, but it would require a serious discount. It's kind of funny because he has become kind of tight fisted with money, but he wants to stay at Poly. Of course he doesn't want to pay for it.

Since we are staying at a One-Bedroom at Bonnet Creek for $78.50/night with a King size bed, kitchen, laundry machines, and garden size tub, I may not ever be able to coax him back to a Disney owned resort.

I just can't seem to get as motivated planning the cruise as I used to get about Disney. I have joined Cruise Critic, but just don't have the same desire to be my normal over-planning self.
Wow! I had no idea you could get Bonnett Creek for that price. How did you do it?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: