Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #3976
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Yup. You can definitely request to have them added. They'll request you send them a group picture, and the closer you can get to the actual time, the better (so the time stamps on your own photos will help).
I filled out the requests but didnt attach a picture. I had a pretty tight estimate of the times and since they were with characters and not just random shots of us around the parks, i figure theyll be easy enough to find, assuming they came out and werent accidentally deleted or anything. I realized a 3rd session thats missing too (duffy at epcot). Having 3 missing sessions on different days in a 5 day period makes me wonder how often this happens
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
Old 04-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #3977
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
back to reality for me too today. I'm seriously considering calling in sick tomorrow because I am just SO dang tired, not to mention the mountain of laundry that needs to be done and the hundreds of photos I would like to upload.

I was dying to say this all week when I was posting from there but didn't want to jinx myself, lol. But after the past couple of months of the 4 of us suffering from all kinds of bugs/sickness/injuries, and all the sleepless nights I suffered worrying about what bad luck would befall us on our trip, I am happy to report that none of us had so much as a sniffle or a hangnail the entire time!!

Well, actually, YDD did fall about 10 minutes after boarding the ship in the Nemo splash area and got a huge road rash type of scrape down her leg, but we bandaged it right up and she was fine.

I'm just now looking thru my Photopass photos and am bummed to notice right off the bat that at least 2 of our sessions are missing!! Merida & Jasmine/Aladdin (different days). Maybe even more but that's all I noticed right away. I got pics with my camera too so not a huge deal but I'm just peeved that I pay all that $$ and don't even get all the photos I should. Has this ever happened to anyone else??
I spent all weekend on PhotoPass trying to make edits and borders before I downloaded everything. I hope it's all there...didn't occur to me to check, but it's too late for me now. I got my downloads last night. Hope you find yours!

I would love to say we didn't get sick, but sadly, we did. Bronchitis with 102 fever for me on day 3, urgent care that day. Sunburn for all of us, DD14 (yes, today is her birthday) got a nasty burn that left scars for her. :-( Bad mommy not reapplying sunscreen. The Florida sun is VERY strong compared to New England. We got sunburned after 2pm each time. Then DD10 throwing up on the escalator at the Contemporary on the way to Chef Mickey's. Not fun, but very short lived. Once we got home, DD14 threw up in her sleep.

Bottom line, we still had the most magical vacation and I wouldn't trade a week of health and gorgeous weather for our week in Disney...not not way, not no how. ;-)

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #3978
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfling8 View Post
We got back yesterday afternoon. Boy is it cold here! 41 right now after 90s all week Our last day was a little chilly but it felt good after the heat. We loved our room/resort (POR) and "The plan" worked very well. We hardly had any lines at all. DH and DD rode EE and RnRC 5x each.
The one glitch was when TSMM broke down and closed while we were in line, then was still closed for our FP time. We asked them much later in the day if they would let us go through the FP line since it was broken during our time, and they did! Never hurts to ask We even got into BOG for lunch with no more than 10 minute wait. I must say their ordering system is not very efficient, but the food was yummy and came out quickly once we finally fought through the touchscreen. Dining room was really cool. We went about 11:15am.
Hope those still waiting to go have a wonderful time. I'll let you know when I get a trip report up.
It was HOT!! I definately wasn't expecting that. It felt like August not April lol.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #3979
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

so sad to be home, we had an excellent time!!!!!! Didn't love POR so we moved to POP early on in the trip, thank goodness! Food.. some excellent, some ok, and some Blah. We loved the weather, it feels freezing here at home now
DS (14)
Lily
Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #3980
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
so sad to be home, we had an excellent time!!!!!! Didn't love POR so we moved to POP early on in the trip, thank goodness! Food.. some excellent, some ok, and some Blah. We loved the weather, it feels freezing here at home now
What was your problem with POR?

I am staying there next week, but dont think I'll have the luxury of moving to a value with the influx of cheerleaders that are coming.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #3981
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

photopass photos.....

I thought of another batch that were missing, so i submitted 3 forms for the missing photos and so far theyve found 1, so yay! i bet theyll find the others too
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #3982
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Less than 12 hours to go. The boys are both asleep. I'm sitting here with a glass of wine. DH should be home from work any moment now ... he usually works to midnight or beyond, but went in early today so he could escape a little early.

I just want to thank you all for your advice and encouragement. This is a dream trip for us in so many ways. Wasn't sure we'd ever get back there! Now I'm going out on a limb and say it's just the first of many.

But this one is special.

Thanks again. I'm going to try to write a trip report, but who knows, considering what happened to my good intentions with the pre-trip report.

Please say hi if you see us in the parks. I have a gaudy green & blue backpack with lime-green Mickeys, longish reddish-brown hair and glasses. DH is a really tall, mostly bald fellow, also with glasses. The boys are 4 (extremely blond) and 8 (sandy hair, Down Syndome). We're unique! (And happy that way.)

And thank you, yet again.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #3983
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

36 hours until we leave for WDW. We're all packed and watching the countdown.

If you see an old couple at MK wearing bride and groom ear hats, that's probably us on our honeymoon. Finally!

I was widowed 5 years ago. She was widowed 14 years ago. We're starting out our married life together playing like a couple of kids! I have one son; she has one son. We're leaving them home! This will be our first vacation ever just the two of us.

WL honeymoon room - here we come!

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #3984
JerseyGirl26
Earning My Ears

Our day is here!!! On our way to the airport!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #3985
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post

If you see an old couple at MK wearing bride and groom ear hats, that's probably us on our honeymoon. Finally!

I was widowed 5 years ago. She was widowed 14 years ago. We're starting out our married life together playing like a couple of kids! I have one son; she has one son. We're leaving them home! This will be our first vacation ever just the two of us.

This is just about the cutest thing I've ever read. I hope I see you so I can give you my congratulations! I hope you have an awesome honeymoon!

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #3986
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken

Sweetest story ever!!! Enjoy your honeymoon! I was there for my honeymoon 15 years ago at WL. Best week ever!

Soft spot in my heart for you both. My mom just got remarried in January. My dad passed 5 yrs ago and my stepfather's wife passed the same year. Enjoy this new phase of your life! What a wonderful place for some magical memories. :-)

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 04-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #3987
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We were talking to a couple on the bus who were on their delayed honeymoon and I asked him if he was Dr. Ken. Needless to say, he wasn't. Nor was the red-haired gal Sam Onomotopia. My dh just rolls his eyes.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #3988
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Limited Time Magic 4/28-5/5

Wonder what the Limited Time Magic is for next week. Bet it has something to do with cheerleaders or something...LOL
Old 04-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #3990
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is fantastic!

We had our honeymoon there 18 years ago and celebrated our anniversary there in 2008. It was great!

Have a magical trip.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: