Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #3901
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88 View Post
Anyone else getting nervous about the Cheer Comps at the end of April bringing in added crowds??

I noticed that you cant find a room at a value resort starting 4/25 through 4/28.

I know I hear that the comps dont really have an effect on crowds but dang thats alot of rooms to all be full.
The cheer groups I encountered on my last trip were actually quite pleasant. Just happy teen girls with lots of pep. I was at a value so they were all over the resort but I barely saw them in the parks at all, I think they have a lot of stuff to do cheer-wise. There are other people on the boards who I bet can provide more insight though!

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 04-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #3902
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
The cheer groups I encountered on my last trip were actually quite pleasant. Just happy teen girls with lots of pep. I was at a value so they were all over the resort but I barely saw them in the parks at all, I think they have a lot of stuff to do cheer-wise. There are other people on the boards who I bet can provide more insight though!
Thanks...maybe some of these people with experience can chime in...
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #3903
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

I've heard that they swamp the value resorts but have very little effect on the parks.

We're planning to drop by and see some of the competition. My wife was a cheerleader in high school.

We're doing the single digit dance today. We arrive in 9 days!

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 04-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #3904
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

We have been having a great time here too! Lovin the weather headed to ak today and we are also at por! Part of me secretly kinda wants to be at pop though... Ugh. Hubby does not want to move but i kinda do!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #3905
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Here now. Check in was an ordeal, switched rooms three times and still not satisfied but dh was fading quickly (he is invisibly disabled) and he said to just take it. Online check in really messed us up. So, we have none of our requests, including the request for a quiet room so dh can rest. We ended up in a handicap room which we don't need but I love it and will book handicap in the future. So much safer for older people! We were sent an "apology" gift tote by management with water and snacks, which was nice.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #3906
Rumpletinker
Mouseketeer

We're leaving this Saturday and of course, this has to happen. >.< I was going over my ressies, copying down confirmation numbers and such, and I just discovered that I booked our Tuesday Via Napoli dinner for Monday! And wouldn't ya guess, the only time available on Tuesday is 8:30. :/ So NOT what I needed!!!
2010- Caribbean Beach (w/cousinbb)
2011- All Star Sports (w/cousinbb)
2011- Pop Century
2013- Port Orleans Riverside
Hey you! I'm into JESUS!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #3907
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

I feel like I'm forgetting something. I did get my Photo Pass plus package........I have my Groupon for parasailing.....I checked and rechecked my dining reservations.....I don't know what I could be forgetting.
On a side not this is an extremely depressing morning, had to turn the news off. Just can't take it anymore. I hear a lot of people saying that there is something wrong with humanity.......I beg to differ, I think whoever did this is not a human at all but that the people who without blinking, ran in to help are a fine example of what most humans do when given the opportunity. It is always your fellow citizens who will help and support you. Too many people expecting the goverment to care these days when it has always been the people taking care of themselves and eachother.

wow, that was a strange rant.........my apologies.

Another thing, I have the lime green paint swatches but can't figure out how to cut them into a Mickey head shape and have it look good. Any suggestions?

Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #3908
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post

Another thing, I have the lime green paint swatches but can't figure out how to cut them into a Mickey head shape and have it look good. Any suggestions?
I would look up plain Mickey heads and print them out to match the size of the swatches for a template. I'm having such trouble trying to print and laminate some...the lime green comes out much too dark in my printer!

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #3909
Makcarly
Mouseketeer

We leave in 5 days! I can't believe it's almost here! I remember the night we left MK last April and I was all teary because I had no idea when we would ever be back...and now we are almost there!!!

Upcoming trips:
September 2014
April 2015

Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #3910
JerseyGirl26
Earning My Ears

Another thing, I have the lime green paint swatches but can't figure out how to cut them into a Mickey head shape and have it look good. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I'm new! What do you do with these???!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #3911
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl26 View Post
Sorry I'm new! What do you do with these???![/QUOTE]

Hang them from your backpack to let fellow DISers identify you.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #3912
JerseyGirl26
Earning My Ears

Thanks!!! I figured it was something to do with DIS (saw like green t-shirts on a review!) but wasn't sure! Thanks! Ill be on the lookout-- 1 week!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #3913
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

I think I'm going to pull my hair out! So upon checking in with the rental car company today to make sure we were all set for our Thursday pick up, they let me know that if we were paying via debit card ( which we are) we would have to have a hold placed for the rental amount plus fifteen percent (which we knew and were fine with) AND that we would have to go through a credit screening.......which we FAILED. So we had the option of showing up with a qualified renter who has a major credit card or not renting at all. Well I don't ask anyone for anything especially in the way of finances.....so looks like we will be driving our own personal vehicle which makes me nervous. I mean we did just have it inspected two weeks ago and also 4 weeks ago we had some repair work done and they told us that it's in tip top shape.......but I'm so nervous that if something happened we would be stranded somewhere for a day or so while it gets fixed instead of simply calling the car rental company and demanding a new one. Ugh!!!!! Plus DH found a wormy thing in his peanut butter at work this morning....just thought I'd throw that in there. I am a nervous wreck, I do not do well in stressful situations.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #3914
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I noticed our thread has exceeded 250 posts, which means a moderator may close it. I hope that there is some advance warning so that we can direct people to a new thread.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #3915
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I noticed our thread has exceeded 250 posts, which means a moderator may close it. I hope that there is some advance warning so that we can direct people to a new thread.
I assume you mean 250 pages of posts. We exceeded 250 posts long ago. (grin)

Given that April 2013 will be over in 2 weeks, I would assume this thread will quiet down real soon. But, I'm new here. I could be completely wrong!

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: