Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #3376
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
I'm trying to decide how early is too early to start packing
DW and I set "one month" as the end of "too early to pack". We leave one month from today. So, I'm pulling the suitcases out of storage real soon now.

We keep the travel items packed all the time and have been collecting Disney stuff for a while. We've been waiting to select clothes. We still have snow at home but WDW could be above 80. So, we won't be needing our summer clothes before Disney.

I'm not worried about my clothes. Everything I need to wear will be available at Disney. Except for shoes, I never have a problem buying anything off the rack.

But, my DW is a different story. She's lost 40 pounds in the last year (due to surgery). So, nothing she owns fits. Even going to the mall she has trouble finding anything that fits. They usually rush the season but don't seem to have summer clothes out yet. She might be forced to buy when we get there. I just hope I don't spend the entire vacation sitting there while she tries stuff on!

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 03-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #3377
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Starting to make the packing preparations! We pulled out all of our luggage today to see what was in good shape and what needed to be tossed. We had water in the basement a few years in a row and a couple of our bags had grown mold even though they were on the top shelf Those got tossed! We ordered some new today, also some hand sanitizer that is supposed to be more effective against noro and DD a fanny pack.

We were going over the budget yesterday and decided on how much spending money the kids would get. This morning I mentioned to the kids that they could have some of the money Nana and Grandpa (who gave us the trip for Christmas ) for themselves to spend at the parks. They got all excited and said how much? $20, $10, $5??? Equally excited about any amount. DH and I are chuckling away. We might give them a Disney gift card at the beginning of the trip, then the second day oh, by the way here's some cash, third day a little more etc.... They will be so surprised

Me DH
DD10 DS8
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #3378
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

26 days out and we're starting to pack this weekend...my bows from Magical Ribbons came in yesterday, so I can finally start coordinating my DisneyBound outfits! I have a pink Monster's Inc shirt I picked up from the Disney Store, which I'll wear with purple pants and my Sulley bow so I can look a little like Boo. The other days are still in planning, lol!

We perform our senior play (Arsenic and Old Lace) at the end of this week while simultaneously auditioning for The Little Mermaid. This week could either be ridiculously slow or quick...hoping it's quick! :P

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 03-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #3379
mystikgarden
DIS Veteran

We have 6 days! Dh still hasn't packed. I feel like I have so much to get done and not a lot of time to do it in. Eek!

It's snowing and cold here today, so looking forward to some warm weather.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #3380
MrToad1345
Mouseketeer

25 days to go. Beach Club here we come!!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #3381
CarolinaGirlTiss
Mouseketeer

We leave this Sunday (Easter Sunday). My name isn't on the list yet because I just discovered this thread. We are staying off site. I am so excited. We have been planning for a month what to do, where to eat, etc. I started putting things together to pack two days ago but I have to wait for DH to lug the huge suitcase down from the attic. I don't know the meaning of packing lightly. He only the other hand will probably only have a small duffle bag.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #3382
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I suffer from a severe case of Overpacking. Even last time, when I specifically made a conscious effort to NOT overpack......both suitcases ended up over 50 lbs. D'oh! Picture me on the floor at the counter frantically taking stuff out of the suitcases and trying to shove them into our carryons. THEN, that made one of our carry-ons too big to fit into the carryon size thingy, so we ended up having to check that. Still, paying another $20 for the extra checked luggage was better than paying the $100 or whatever they charge you for having an oversized suitcase. This time, I'm prepared. Last time the kid's brought their small suitcases as their carryons (small children's rolling case) with all their plane junk in it. This time, I'm having them put their plane stuff in backpacks and then I will use their rolling carryons to put some of our luggage stuff in. So we'll have 2 suitcases to check and then each of us will have a small case/bag to carryon filled with some of our clothes, etc. And then we'll each have a backpack/small bag as our "personal bag" for stuff we need for the airport/plane. Oy. just DD's custom outfits alone take up just about a whole suitcase so.........
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 03-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #3383
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I suffer from a severe case of Overpacking. Even last time, when I specifically made a conscious effort to NOT overpack......both suitcases ended up over 50 lbs. D'oh! Picture me on the floor at the counter frantically taking stuff out of the suitcases and trying to shove them into our carryons. THEN, that made one of our carry-ons too big to fit into the carryon size thingy, so we ended up having to check that. Still, paying another $20 for the extra checked luggage was better than paying the $100 or whatever they charge you for having an oversized suitcase. This time, I'm prepared. Last time the kid's brought their small suitcases as their carryons (small children's rolling case) with all their plane junk in it. This time, I'm having them put their plane stuff in backpacks and then I will use their rolling carryons to put some of our luggage stuff in. So we'll have 2 suitcases to check and then each of us will have a small case/bag to carryon filled with some of our clothes, etc. And then we'll each have a backpack/small bag as our "personal bag" for stuff we need for the airport/plane. Oy. just DD's custom outfits alone take up just about a whole suitcase so.........
We have less stuff this year and in talking with DH, I realized why. No pullups, no swim diapers, and no puddle jumper. There are advantages to the kids getting older! We fit all of our clothes for Disney in one suitcase to check and all of our clothes for the first leg of our trip in one carry on. The kids will still bring their carry ons for their sleeping bags (for our stay in Ft Myers) and activities for the flight, as well as not needing to check bags on the way back! I need to pack my backpack and then we'll be ready. I'm so excited to be packing lighter!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #3384
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBarb View Post
No pullups, no swim diapers, and no puddle jumper.
Diapers, wipes, swim diapers and pullups take up almost a whole suitcase themselves!! A whole lot more suitcase room on the way home than on the way down!
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP

10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #3385
LynneIL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Oy. just DD's custom outfits alone take up just about a whole suitcase so.........
I'd love to see pictures of your dd's custom outfits! That sounds like so much fun.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #3386
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneIL View Post
I'd love to see pictures of your dd's custom outfits! That sounds like so much fun.
are you in the FB group? I've posted them here... i will post them here as well though. 2 of them are still being made, will be finished this week.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #3387
shopalot11
Earning My Ears

Is the only mail you get from Dinsey your magical Express? Just making sure, I have not received anything for hotel or park tickets...Thanks

Last edited by shopalot11; 03-25-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: wrong post
Old 03-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #3388
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalot11 View Post
Is the only mail you get from Dinsey your magical Express? Just making sure, I have not received anything for hotel or park tickets...Thanks
My envelope that had the ME tags in it also had all the vouchers for the park tickets, photopass+, resort, etc.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 03-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #3389
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikgarden View Post
We have 6 days! Dh still hasn't packed. I feel like I have so much to get done and not a lot of time to do it in. Eek!

It's snowing and cold here today, so looking forward to some warm weather.
My DH is the same, every year. He waits until 2 days before to pack. Last year he was still packing as I was pitting our suitcases in the car. Now I will admit, everyone on here has me beat, I dont start until a week before. I have started gathering things, but no suitcases until about 4-5 days before.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Old 03-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #3390
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
My DH is the same, every year. He waits until 2 days before to pack. Last year he was still packing as I was pitting our suitcases in the car. Now I will admit, everyone on here has me beat, I dont start until a week before. I have started gathering things, but no suitcases until about 4-5 days before.
I pack for my DH. Otherwise, we'd have too many bags. It's easier if I just do it. And he's learned not to complain about what I bring.

I only just started packing this last weekend for our trip and we leave on Thursday. I like to plan and make lists, and I had to find the princess dresses, but I just can't do it any sooner. After I fold laundry today and get socks and stuff like that in there, I'll be done. Thankfully.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: