Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #316
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
just snagged a flight for the way there! BDL to MCO on APril 12th for 135.00!!! Thank goodness! Now I know that we are going! I will watch Jetblue for the return, but probably end up with SW when those dates release So we will be leaving a day earlier than I thought, hmmm do we stay until the 19th or the 20th?????
Congrats!!! I think we will book with Jet Blue today. You can't beat getting two extra Disney days with that airfare versus paying more for dates we have through Southwest. I've already reserved our transport...I've got a guy.

DH just needs to make sure the extra days are fine with work, which should be ok, but he's the supervisor so if there's a lot of people on vacation around that time, it might be a problem....

Crossing fingers we have airfare today!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #317
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

good Luck Mousemommy1!! I was hoping to use JB for both legs, but the prices out of our airport for our dates have been unreal. It looks like you are going the week after us. I still have a 208.00 credit on Jb so maybe I can still use it.
DS (14)
Lily
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #318
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

Well, I am out this round. Nothing lower than a one-way at $160 on SW anyway. Way too high. Back to waiting and watching. They have had fares as low as $100 several times over the last few months for almost every day so luckily I have time.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 08-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #319
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

oh, man! So Southwest doesn't even fly nonstop from here! I was hoping it would be another option for us. SW is fairly new here (i think just started last year) and i just assumed they would fly nonstop. So now I have to still stick with my standard 3 - JB, AT and Delta.

This past April I had no problem finding a decent fare going down (paid like $130), it was coming back that was the problem. I searched and searched and searched and finally ended up having to suck it up and pay $400 for the return flight. I'm hoping by booking earlier this year I won't have that problem.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #320
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
good Luck Mousemommy1!! I was hoping to use JB for both legs, but the prices out of our airport for our dates have been unreal. It looks like you are going the week after us. I still have a 208.00 credit on Jb so maybe I can still use it.
Fingers crossed you'll be able to use it!!! We've never flown JB before, so this will be a new experience for us if we book it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
Well, I am out this round. Nothing lower than a one-way at $160 on SW anyway. Way too high. Back to waiting and watching. They have had fares as low as $100 several times over the last few months for almost every day so luckily I have time.
I don't know what's going on with SW right now!!! The rates are soooo HIGH!!!! The fact that through JB we can two more nights in Disney, hire a car to bring us roundtrip to the airport and still be less than where SW is, is CRAZY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
oh, man! So Southwest doesn't even fly nonstop from here! I was hoping it would be another option for us. SW is fairly new here (i think just started last year) and i just assumed they would fly nonstop. So now I have to still stick with my standard 3 - JB, AT and Delta.

This past April I had no problem finding a decent fare going down (paid like $130), it was coming back that was the problem. I searched and searched and searched and finally ended up having to suck it up and pay $400 for the return flight. I'm hoping by booking earlier this year I won't have that problem.
Good luck!!! We love SW but may be jumping ship this trip.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #321
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

what's strange for us is the last 3 years JB beat out SW for us. I was happy with the 135.00 on SW. Maybe JB will drop their prices a bit now??
DS (14)
Lily
Old 08-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #322
Dizfan4life
DIS Veteran

We just nailed down our dates, March 27 - April 5, at the All Star Movies....better late than never! I normally book our trip a year in advance, but we just decided to sneak a trip in to celebrate..... my dad had a terrible heart attack that should've killed him and he had 5 bypasses done just last month so we have really need to celebrate life! I'm hoping that 2013 mirrors 2012 with free dining through the end of March!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #323
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

I sure wish we could get an idea of the discounts will be offered for Spring. Fall got plenty of FD and now RO discounts. My luck they probably wont release any promos for Spring.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #324
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
YES, but I think April might be prime time because one way was more than flights would cost!!!!! Thanks for posting the link to the thread for the crazy driving idea

Maybe we can book flights and put Christmas presents towards paying for them #tackyanddesperate
I was playing with numbers at Amtrak last week and round trip on the Auto Train with our van came to $690.00 after AAA discount. That was for lower level coach seats for two people. That was a lower price than I expected. I checked southbound 4/14 and northbound 4/26 and both were available. If I was confident that dh would be ok on the AutoTrain (balance disorder and claustrophobia concerns), I would have booked it. But I'm just not sure.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #325
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

I was playing with numbers at Amtrak last week and round trip on the Auto Train with our van came to $690.00 after AAA discount. That was for lower level coach seats for two people. That was a lower price than I expected. I checked southbound 4/14 and northbound 4/26 and both were available. If I was confident that dh would be ok on the AutoTrain (balance disorder and claustrophobia concerns), I would have booked it. But I'm just not sure.
Yea, for the four of us it was super expensive with the bedroom option.....maybe we don't need that? I don't know anything about auto trail traveling lol

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 08-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #326
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
I am waiting on airfares before making final changes to the Disney portion of the trip. I am hoping for April 13-20 at Disney. I will make sure to post as soon as I have final plans (well they were final) Thank you for paying such close attention and keeping the thread up to date. I love how active it has become and it must be a lot of work to keep up with. Thanks again.

I started with a 3 night cruise on Disney Dream just to see if I could handle the movement of a ship. Then I made it a 4 night cruise, because what was the point in trying a cruise if I don't have a sea day. In trying to be open to all possibilites (all of our vacations have been Disney) I checked out a review here on the DISBoards Shrek Takes On Mickey: The Dreamworks Experience Aboard Allure of the Seas 9/18-25 and had my DH check it out too.

He wanted to go on the big ship. The kids and I left him at home for our Christmas trip so I wanted him to have his vacation. We went back and forth about it. I love Disney and wanted all the Magic that would come with the Dream. He is a police officer and would much rather deal with lots of kids on our couple's trip than the party crowd that we have heard frequent the other cruise lines. But the Allure was impressive. Largest ship in the world and all that. A zipline, two wave simulators, a bigger adult pool, and the aqua thearter didn't hurt either. It is also the most stable. And also only cost $300 more to go on a 7 night Allure cruise than a 4 night Disney Dream cruise. He wanted a longer cruise so I surprised him with an Allure booking.

We both really still really wanted to do a Disney cruise, but he still wanted 7 nights. The Disney Fantasy cost more than he was willing to pay. In the end we settled on RC Freedom of the Seas because it leaves from Port Canaveral which is a much more manageable drive than Allure at Ft. Lauderdale from Disney World. The Freedom gets great reviews, leaves out the same day, had more desirable ports of call for us, and was $300 cheaper than Allure (just a bonus). Not to mention if I spend the week hugging the toliet I would rather it not be on a Disney ship. So for the same price as the 4 night cruise on Disney Dream we are going on a 7 night Freedom of the Seas. I have not totally cancelled my Disney booking and if I can handle a ship then I will hopefully take a Diseny cruise in 2014 or maybe sooner...

That may be much more information than you wanted

P.S. Links...type the name you want for the link, highlight that name then click the insert hyperlink button (the globe with paperclip thing) and paste link into the pop up box - just looked this up so I could do it
Thanks for the compliment. I never started a thread like this before and really don't know what I'm doing. I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks. People that know me would tell you that I am a stickler for details. Makes sense as I used to be a proofreader.

See now, I appreciate your thinking process there on the cruises! You sound like me. Sometimes dh is sorry he asked me something because it takes me a while to get from where I began to what I actually ended up with. And I hope you don't end up hugging a toilet the whole time. My parents love RC. Their next cruise is coming up on the Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore. They won't consider any other cruise lines. (They are in their 80s now and think this might be their last cruise. They wanted us to go along but dh is convinced he'll be the one hugging the porcelain throne the whole time. Soarin' did him in real bad, so I'm not willing to risk a cruise.)

Thanks for the help with the links. It worked! But I lost my color and can't seem to get it back. The coding looks right. So I guess the links can't be colored.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #327
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Yea, for the four of us it was super expensive with the bedroom option.....maybe we don't need that? I don't know anything about auto trail traveling lol
I don't know anything either. Everything I know about AutoTrain I learned here on the DIS. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=402667
Old 08-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #328
trtl6941
Mouseketeer

Just got our flight out! We're flying SW out of Providence on 4/10 for $145! Not too shabby! Not the $99 we got last trip, but being April break, I'll take it. The best part was I had enough SW rewards to buy 3 of the 5 tickets we needed, so it was only $295 out of pocket for now!

Now just wish me luck because we decided to take a 8:15 pm flight with three small kids....I hope they sleep

Old 08-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #329
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtl6941 View Post
Just got our flight out! We're flying SW out of Providence on 4/10 for $145! Not too shabby! Not the $99 we got last trip, but being April break, I'll take it. The best part was I had enough SW rewards to buy 3 of the 5 tickets we needed, so it was only $295 out of pocket for now!

Now just wish me luck because we decided to take a 8:15 pm flight with three small kids....I hope they sleep
I had you at April 15 - 21. Are you now April 10 - 21? Same resort?
Old 08-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #330
trtl6941
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I had you at April 15 - 21. Are you now April 10 - 21? Same resort?

Sorry for the confusion (and you are really on top of things, impressive ). We are going to my in laws in sarasota first from the 10-15 and then AoA Nemo Suite from the 15-21. I sure wish it was Disney that whole time!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: