Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #3166
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
So, I'm officially bummed.
DH got mobilization orders for the beginning of May. It was completely unexpected, and we have no idea what's going to happen. It's possible that they could revoke his leave for Disney! My plan has always been that we would go anyways, even if something happened that didn't allow him to go, but it's much harder to actually be faced with the possibility. If he's just barred from traveling that week and hasn't actually left yet, I'm not going to want to be in Florida. If we postpone the trip until after he leaves, my sister won't be able to come with us (we chose our week because it's her spring break). We could theoretically postpone until the summer and take my Mom, but then we'd have to deal with the heat, the crowds, and I think she'd probably want to bring my nephews too, which is something I don't think I could handle.

In addition, I was planning a 50th birthday trip to Mexico with my Mom in June, which is more complicated, because DH was supposed to be watching DS. We got travel insurance through USAA (which should cover deployments of family members) so I can probably get her reimbursement for my part of the trip, but I don't see how I could possibly go. I was really looking forward to some time away!

He says he's going to "try to get out of it" but I don't know how likely that is (he is supposed to still have recovery time from his medical issues) and he'd probably basically be postponing the inevitable.
Oh no! Keep us posted.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #3167
Britta1
Earning My Ears

Mickey Mail!

We received our package in the mail today!

35 days until our first trip to WDW. Staying at POFQ!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #3168
olwyngdh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
So, I'm officially bummed.
DH got mobilization orders for the beginning of May. It was completely unexpected, and we have no idea what's going to happen. It's possible that they could revoke his leave for Disney! My plan has always been that we would go anyways, even if something happened that didn't allow him to go, but it's much harder to actually be faced with the possibility. If he's just barred from traveling that week and hasn't actually left yet, I'm not going to want to be in Florida. If we postpone the trip until after he leaves, my sister won't be able to come with us (we chose our week because it's her spring break). We could theoretically postpone until the summer and take my Mom, but then we'd have to deal with the heat, the crowds, and I think she'd probably want to bring my nephews too, which is something I don't think I could handle.

In addition, I was planning a 50th birthday trip to Mexico with my Mom in June, which is more complicated, because DH was supposed to be watching DS. We got travel insurance through USAA (which should cover deployments of family members) so I can probably get her reimbursement for my part of the trip, but I don't see how I could possibly go. I was really looking forward to some time away!

He says he's going to "try to get out of it" but I don't know how likely that is (he is supposed to still have recovery time from his medical issues) and he'd probably basically be postponing the inevitable.

I m SO sorry! I have sworn for years that there are nasty little soldiers with bad evaluations who are forced to live in the basement of the Pentagon, eavesdrop on military families, and cut orders to screw with any plans they make! I live in fear every vacation until we are actually on the plane.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #3169
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Kids now officially know! Whew! That's a load off my chest....now I have someone to talk with since DH refuses, lol. DD was like "today?!?!?! we're going to Disney world TODAY!??!?!" When I said in a month she got deflated. She doesn't really get it....31 days to her might as well be 31 years, lol.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #3170
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

omg, tomorrow my ticker will be down to "weeks" instead 1 month and xxxx!
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 03-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #3171
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

yeah that the kids know now!!!!!!!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #3172
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Oh no! Keep us posted.
I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwyngdh View Post

I m SO sorry! I have sworn for years that there are nasty little soldiers with bad evaluations who are forced to live in the basement of the Pentagon, eavesdrop on military families, and cut orders to screw with any plans they make! I live in fear every vacation until we are actually on the plane.
That's probably true. We've started getting travel insurance for everything for that reason.

I know Disney will happen at some point, but I think the trip with my Mom is pretty much out of question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Kids now officially know! Whew! That's a load off my chest....now I have someone to talk with since DH refuses, lol. DD was like "today?!?!?! we're going to Disney world TODAY!??!?!" When I said in a month she got deflated. She doesn't really get it....31 days to her might as well be 31 years, lol.
Awww...poor baby! She'll have fun as it gets closer though. Do you have a countdown chain or anything started? It makes it easier for kids that age to grasp.
My kiddo is only 2, so I tell him we're going to see Mickey all the time, and he has no idea what I'm talking about. I can't wait until he's old enough to actually understand!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #3173
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

I suppose I should add that his branch manager indicated that there's a lot of people who are actually trying for a slot on this deployment, so it's possible that since he could use some extra time to recover from his medical issues, they might send someone else in his place. He'll likely still go within the next year, but not quite so soon.

Also, if he does go in May, he should only have to report a few days early, so he'll probably just be granted more leave in April. He says that if that's the case, we can probably stay longer at Disney! Silver linings are always nice.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #3174
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain
I suppose I should add that his branch manager indicated that there's a lot of people who are actually trying for a slot on this deployment, so it's possible that since he could use some extra time to recover from his medical issues, they might send someone else in his place. He'll likely still go within the next year, but not quite so soon.

Also, if he does go in May, he should only have to report a few days early, so he'll probably just be granted more leave in April. He says that if that's the case, we can probably stay longer at Disney! Silver linings are always nice.
Hope everything works out!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #3175
mystikgarden
DIS Veteran

Hi! it's a little late but, everything is now set in stone. We are flying down March 31 Easter! We have never gone Easter week. We usually go down at this time every year it's dd's Spring Break. A little scared of the crowds. We're leaving on hubby's birthday April 8th. We're staying at POFQ. Can't wait, 18 days!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #3176
melindae10
Mouseketeer

Just checking out my ticker! My kids are already packed and I am now working on DH and I. Thought I would spread out the expense and find as much on sale as I could
Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 AM   #3177
tlkgt76
"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

Its the Final Countdown (anybody remember Europe?)

I can't stop singing that song! FIFTEEN DAYS....CAN'T TAKE IT MUCH LONGER! UGH!

My daughter (who's April birthday we'll be celebrating) knows we're going, but thinks its not until July. We're not telling her until she figures it out either, bahahahaaaa.

She thinks we're driving a few hours away for the weekend and has NO clue we'll be in the car for 19 hours so this should be interesting. tee hee hee

Then it will be "Happy 11th Birthday! Surprise! We're going to DISNEY WORLD!"

Its her fourth trip, so I'm sure she'll figure it out somehow on the way there.

ASM - September 2009
Pop/AKL - December 2011
Disney Dream/Poly/CBR-Pirate - March/April 2013
Disneyland Hotel - September 2014

Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #3178
Apiary
Earning My Ears

Gearing up for our (super) late honey moon to WDW

Hi!

I'm new to the board, and the disney madness. We're arriving at the AKL on April 26th and sticking around until the 2nd of May.

I haven't booked all my ADRs yet, but the hard to reserve ones are done (le Cellier and 'Ohana).

Anyway totally excited!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #3179
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

19 days!!!!! Almost to single digits!!!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #3180
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

We were originally going to be traveling with our friends and neighbors who are both military but similar story happened to them. The wife ( my bf) just got her ordders for the end of April. I feel so guilty going on the trip now and even more guilty when she asks me how the planning is going. I try not to mention it at all in front of her.
I think they are going to reschedule for September though.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: