Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #3076
ambiancetc
Mouseketeer

Just popping on here to shout 42 MORE DAYS!! Whoo Hooo! I'm so excited. I've been shopping up a storm (poor DH) stocking up on sunscreen, new t-shirts, fabric to make dresses for the girls, new bathing suits and of course the all important new tiaras for the girls of the family to wear to MK. I did this for my girls last year, let them wear tiaras from my DS's wedding (That have now broke). They LOVED it and begged me to get new ones and wear one too...so after some puppy dog eyes, and much pleading.... Mommy agreed to do it for our first MK day and I talked DSIL to join us so I wasn't alone. Don't get me wrong, I'm a GIRLY girl... like, wear jewelry in the parks with sundresses and epicly large floppy sun hats type of girly. However, crystal tiara, even a smallish one, is a bit much, even for me. So if you see 4 blinged out "princesses" in MK on April 20 just know it's because I really do love my DD's that much and am really good at cohersing someone who's ticket I am paying for into enthusiasticaly playing along
Disney Make-A-Wish Trip for DS!
5/7 - 5/13/2012 -GKTW
Celebration of Life - Let's do it again!
4/19 - 5/3/2013 - WBC
Squeezing the piggy bank again!
9/6-9/13/13 - WBC & 12/3-6/13 - POP- Shhh surprise Mommy Daughter trip for A's Bday!
If I budget really carefully!
FEB 2014
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #3077
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

This wait is killing mew.......
Going to the gym again this morning for the 11th morning in a row hoping to drop a few pounds before our trip, but as hard as I work out, I can't seem to lose even a pound. At least the gym has free tanning so I am getting nice and browned up, and we all know everything looks better with a tan.

We live on a lake where all of the houses used to be summer homes including ours and probably about half of them still are. All the rest are summer rentals still and can you guess who rents them all ( and I mean every last one of them)? People from Mass You girls were earlier talking about a Mass exodus and I was cracking up because literally a few weeks a year and then again at the start of summer a parade of cars comes rolling through and it never fails, every time I say to my husband "What is going on?????"......"Oh yes.......Mass vacation"

I will also point out that when they all roll in for the summer, thats when the fun starts around here.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #3078
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

We are going April 20-27th for my sons Make a Wish trip!! We are not sure where we are staying yet. I know we are staying on Disneys property somewhere because GKTW is full. But we are extending our trip one day and staying at POFQ for the 27th.

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #3079
cologne
Earning My Ears

35 days to go!

I have a quick question! I got my Magical Express vouchers and tag this morning. I made the reservation by internet (not by phone), and gave all my flights info and all.

Now, in the book, on flight arrival and departure info, it says "No flight information provided" ... says I have to call Disney Magical Express. Can I skip the call?? I mean I have better thing to do with my money than paying 10$ of long distance call!!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #3080
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
"What is going on?????"......"Oh yes.......Mass vacation"
LOL!! My parents who live in VT have a summer house in NH, and it seems like most of the people there in the summer have a Boston accent. Too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnac1218 View Post
Has anyone with an April vacation received their Mickey Mail?
I got an envelope today and got all excited thinking it was my Mickey Mail, or at least my photopass CD, but it was the customized maps I ordered from the website. They are cute. I figured I would let Disney use the printer ink instead of me FYI though, they print them 2 sided. I was thinking we might use them as a framed souvenir, but would have to pick two parks. MK and Epcot are back to back, and HS and AK are back to back. They also included a full park map with the resorts on another page, and a small page of stickers to mark places you might have forgotten to choose, and a special "my resort" sticker. Another neat thing is it marked where all the character meetings are in each park, and also kid friendly activities in each park (Sorcerers in MK, kidcot and phineas & ferb in EP, discovery clubs in AK)
Well worth the time it took to plug in the choices and order!

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 03-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #3081
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakentysmom View Post
We are going April 20-27th for my sons Make a Wish trip!! We are not sure where we are staying yet. I know we are staying on Disneys property somewhere because GKTW is full. But we are extending our trip one day and staying at POFQ for the 27th.
How wonderful! Do you follow any of the other MAW trips posted here on the DIS or the info about GKTW? There's quite a few to take a look at. I hope you have a simply wonderful trip.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 03-09-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #3082
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

No MMfor me at day 36
I'm calling if nothing by day 30
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 03-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #3083
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS
This wait is killing mew.......
Going to the gym again this morning for the 11th morning in a row hoping to drop a few pounds before our trip, but as hard as I work out, I can't seem to lose even a pound. At least the gym has free tanning so I am getting nice and browned up, and we all know everything looks better with a tan.

We live on a lake where all of the houses used to be summer homes including ours and probably about half of them still are. All the rest are summer rentals still and can you guess who rents them all ( and I mean every last one of them)? People from Mass You girls were earlier talking about a Mass exodus and I was cracking up because literally a few weeks a year and then again at the start of summer a parade of cars comes rolling through and it never fails, every time I say to my husband "What is going on?????"......"Oh yes.......Mass vacation"

I will also point out that when they all roll in for the summer, thats when the fun starts around here.
We love going on vacations in NH!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 03-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #3084
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Yep, I've gone to weirs beach practically every year of my life. Love it! Also love the white mtn. Area, north conway etc.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #3085
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

So I got my PP+ in the mail today, as well as my Magical Express tags. Two questions....first, they sent only 4 luggage tags for 4 people. Is this the new normal? I thought they used to send 2 pp?? I'll just call the 800 number and request more I guess. Secondly, my return flight info isn't in there, although I know I gave it when I called. Do they usually just leave it out, or should I call and make sure they have it? Thanks!

Old 03-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #3086
GaMomof2Girls
Earning My Ears

what is Mickey Mail?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #3087
mickey1510
Earning My Ears

ME mail arrived today. 31 days until we depart. It can't come fast enough.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #3088
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMomof2Girls View Post
what is Mickey Mail?
I'm not entirely sure since mine hasn't come yet, but I know it is some mail from Disney about your trip and has luggage tags if you are using ME to get from the airport to the resort.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 03-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #3089
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
So I got my PP+ in the mail today, as well as my Magical Express tags. Two questions....first, they sent only 4 luggage tags for 4 people. Is this the new normal? I thought they used to send 2 pp?? I'll just call the 800 number and request more I guess. Secondly, my return flight info isn't in there, although I know I gave it when I called. Do they usually just leave it out, or should I call and make sure they have it? Thanks!
I think they changed it to only include one luggage tag per person. It's probably a side effect of the fact that domestic flights don't tend to include checked bags anymore, so people are taking advantage of the luggage service along with ME less often.

I would probably double check to make sure that they had the return flight info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMomof2Girls View Post
what is Mickey Mail?
Any mail related to a Disney trip. Package guests get a whole packet with their applicable vouchers etc. If you plan on Magical Express, you'll get luggage tags for them to recognize your luggage and a voucher for that. On a trip a few years ago, I got something in the mail that simply said "We can't wait to see you" or something to that effect with some information about our resort.

Maps and vacation planning DVDs can also be considered Mickey Mail.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #3090
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Any mail related to a Disney trip. Package guests get a whole packet with their applicable vouchers etc. If you plan on Magical Express, you'll get luggage tags for them to recognize your luggage and a voucher for that. On a trip a few years ago, I got something in the mail that simply said "We can't wait to see you" or something to that effect with some information about our resort.

Maps and vacation planning DVDs can also be considered Mickey Mail.
I can't remember do u get that if you book through a travel agent?

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: