Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #271
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

ok, I have to stop worrying about the airfares coming out. normally I wouldn't even start *looking* at the airfare 'til around January. I blame this thread for making me obsess over it so early.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
Old 08-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #272
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

All right....... so I need *something* to obsess over, so I guess I'll start obsessively planning my park days.
The plan is (nothing is set in stone. There's going to be layoffs at my co. in the next few months so if I lose my job, no Disney ) to arrive there on Sat. the 13th as early as possible and check into AoA. We won't do any parks that day, just hang at the hotel. *Maybe* go to DTD for supper. We will have 4 park days - Sun. - Weds. and then Thursday get on the Dream for the 3 nt. Bahamas cruise.

We'll definitely do a full day each at MK and HS........not so sure about AK and EP. I'd like to do EP even though the kids don't love it, just for the World Showcase. I'm hoping the Agent P. thing will keep them entertained enough. Maybe we'll only do WS and go in the afternoon/early evening and skip the rest of the park...... I'll have to think on that one.
Most likely we'll skip AK. There's not enough there for us to warrant a trip there. My kids won't do EE or Dinosaur so.........kind of a waste. We'll probably do a 2nd MK day, maybe this time at night (we're normally super early rope droppers but if we take a nap during the day, we can stay up 'til like 10-11:00 at night, lol).

Oh, maybe the first night instead of DTD we'll do Chef Mickeys. Always wanted to go there...... and we have to do 1 princess meal but without free dining I don't want to pay $$$$ for CRT so hmmmm..... we could do Akershus for dinner at Epcot which will fit perfectly into my plan of evening at EP! Ooooh, this is coming together, now I'm getting excited, lol.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #273
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

OK...so we pulled the trigger last night. Staying at pop in a standard room (hoping for pixie dust upgrade to a preferred room). Check in on Sun 4/28 -check out 5/2, and then we zoom over to Port Canaveral to embark on our DCL on the Dream.

I hope that some deals come out for that time frame for the resorts. We may upgrade to a different resort if a decent room discount becomes available. Maybe free dining will become available, but I havent seen that in the historical tracker. Kids stay and play for free would be nice too!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #274
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

btw for those traveling at the end of April, there is a Cheerleading and Dance Competition April 27-28. Hopefully all of the competitors will disperse when we arrive.

More info here:

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...championships/
Old 08-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #275
KWithers
Mouseketeer

Woohoo! We are officially booked April 8-14 at Bonnet Creek! So excited already!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #276
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

just checking in to say hi! No new plans yet....still eyeing the airfare, and Jetblue officially sucks this year. Holding out that Southwest will have some decent fares for the 12th. We may book with Southwest for our outbound flight on the 12th and then keep watching Jetblue to see if the return flight may drop and we will book with them, or not!

definite that we want 4 day hoppers/waterpark option.
still undecided on the Basic dining plan.
still not sure if we want to stick with POR, or change to AOA, or the BWV studio....

kids go back to school in 9 days will check back here often for more updates!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 08-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #277
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88 View Post
btw for those traveling at the end of April, there is a Cheerleading and Dance Competition April 27-28. Hopefully all of the competitors will disperse when we arrive.

More info here:

Thanks for the heads up!

Me - DBF -
Old 08-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #278
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Hey everyone! I guess I'm late to the party, but who cares? I'm going to Disney!

Myself, my parents, and my brother will be checking into the Cars section of AoA from April 20th, and staying until the 26th. Based on the approximate EMH, my mom (the planner) has sort of a schedule...we're on the dining plan, so she needed to plan restaurants too.

We haven't booked flights yet, I'm not sure when that'll be. My mom is a part-time travel agent, so I'm sure she'll find something eventually...

This is technically my high school graduation trip, despite the fact that I WILL be moving to the Orlando area for college, if it's the last thing I do!

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 08-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #279
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie
I'm going to jump in here and start this since there doesn't seem to be one yet. I have to have something to look forward to since I'm cancelling our April 2012 trip today. C'mon, join in, let's have some fun planning -- after all, planning is half the fun of a Disney trip!

So, who's going?

We don't know our dates yet:
xoprincessmomxo -- ???; ???
eacatwork -- ???; POR
Rayvnn -- ???; AoA?

Our trip starts in March:
2excited2sleep -- March 30 - April 6, AoA
wvasweetness -- March 30 - April 6, AoA

We'll be checking in during the first week in April:
PRPrincess1081 -- April 1 - 7; AoA
hunmcbunny -- April 1 - 10; POR
wdw71 -- April 5 - 13; POFQ
disney.nut -- April 6 - 14; POFQ or AoA?

We're arriving during the second week in April:
KWithers -- April 8 - 14; Bonnet Creek
minnie mum -- April 9 -19; POFQ
cherylsmike -- April 10 -18; Bonnet Creek followed by DCL
jenjifer -- April 11 - 19; POFQ
mreid1974 -- April 11 - 19; POP
Bellabully --April 11 - 20; BWV
dreamsofdisney -- April 11 - 20; AKV
Corjack -- April 12 - 21 (?); ???
jkclark68 -- April 12 - 21; POR?
my2disneyboys -- April 12 - 21; WL
gotdbltrbl -- April 13 - 18; AKL + DCL
BradleyB -- April 13 - 20; BCV
Daddee -- April 13 - 20; ASMo
mkleinbe -- April 13 - 20; AoA (Finding Nemo)
momtwoboys -- April 13 - 20; POR(?)
TJDisneymama -- April 13 - 20; AoA

Third week in April, here we come:
CariAEB -- April 14 - 20; BW
DisneyKhaleesi -- April 14 - 20; ???
trtl6941 -- April 15 -21; AoA?
pwdebbie -- April 15 - 26; POFQ
Funfire240 -- April 16 - 21 (?); POR?
blairzo -- April 17 - 27; POR
Miss lorissa -- April 19 - 24; BW
bluechic03 -- April 19 - 27; AoA (first night) then BLT
Missy13d69 -- April 19 - 27; offsite, Windsor Hills
Mousemommy1 -- April 19 - 27; ???
Corjack -- April 19 - 28 (?); ???
Alice Royal -- April 20 - 26; AoA (Cars)
awfullybigadventure -- April 20 - 27; POR
DMLAINI -- April 20 - 27; ???
gtpoohbear -- April 20 -27; BC
JeanetteK -- April 20 - 27; CS
DisMomAmy -- April 20 - 28; offsite and ???
Jillpie -- April 20 - May 4; BCV + DCL
Kassidysdad -- April 20 - 27; offsite

We're ready for the fourth week in April:
Makcarly -- April 21 -28 (?); ???
Jessij25 -- April 22 - 26; AoA
AngieMouse86 -- April 22 - 29; ???
Kimbysmom -- April 23 - May 4; AoA
jad215 -- April 25 - May 4; BCV
Meg1884 -- April 25 - 30; CS
JMCDisneyBound -- April 27 - May 4; CS
Kassidysdad -- April 27 - May 4; AoA - LM
biebers5 -- April 27 - May 5; ???

And for those last few days of April:
bigjrfan88 -- April 28 - May 2; POP + DCL
dana0801 -- Late April; ???

(Please, if you see a mistake or want to change what I've listed, don't hesitate to let me know.)

Events in April:

Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...rden-festival/

Cheerleading competition
Hi all! I am so excited to plan our first family WDW vacation. We were so fortunate to go on the Fantasy this summer and I'm hoping this trip will be as magical! Our dates are almost certainly April 14 - 19. We are Ann 31 DH 32 DS (4 for travel) and DD (22 mos for trip). We are staying at Wyndham BC (not booked yet, but most likely will this week- just keep going back and forth with wanting to stay so badly on property since my family never did). We are driving from CT in our new minivan that we are shopping for this weekend lololol. I'm a teacher and DH is an auto insurance adjuster. Let the countdown begin!!

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 08-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #280
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Hi all! I am so excited to plan our first family WDW vacation. We were so fortunate to go on the Fantasy this summer and I'm hoping this trip will be as magical! Our dates are almost certainly April 14 - 19. We are Ann 31 DH 32 DS (4 for travel) and DD (22 mos for trip). We are staying at Wyndham BC (not booked yet, but most likely will this week- just keep going back and forth with wanting to stay so badly on property since my family never did). We are driving from CT in our new minivan that we are shopping for this weekend lololol. I'm a teacher and DH is an auto insurance adjuster. Let the countdown begin!!
Welcome to the party!! Looks like you got the bug!!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #281
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

I keep reading everyone's posts and I'm still hoping we can go in April. DH says we should get through September's trip first and make a decision later but DD keeps saying how much she would love to have her b-day at Disney so I told DH we have to know by mid October when the 180 day mark hits because I need to know whether or not I'm going to book CRT for her b-day...
She turns 5 next April so I figure this may be the last time we could do this since she'll be in school the following year. It also works out good with Easter being so early next year that I'm hoping the crowds would thin down a little by the time we go.
Hoping for some pixie dust for a bounceback offer for the spring although from what I heard, that doesn't seem to happen...but a girl can dream

Just returned from a fabulous trip, no planned trips at this time.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #282
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
I keep reading everyone's posts and I'm still hoping we can go in April. DH says we should get through September's trip first and make a decision later but DD keeps saying how much she would love to have her b-day at Disney so I told DH we have to know by mid October when the 180 day mark hits because I need to know whether or not I'm going to book CRT for her b-day...
She turns 5 next April so I figure this may be the last time we could do this since she'll be in school the following year. It also works out good with Easter being so early next year that I'm hoping the crowds would thin down a little by the time we go.
Hoping for some pixie dust for a bounceback offer for the spring although from what I heard, that doesn't seem to happen...but a girl can dream
I say go for it! Who knows what offers might come up between now and April? Book it now and adjust it when you can. Don't let bounceback be your determining factor.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #283
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88

More info here:

Eeeeek! We arrive on April 23rd- guess ill stay away from the 'main' parks that weekend!!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #284
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

We go for 14 nights starting on April 23rd staying @ POFQ - is it too early to start making lists ? 😃
Old 08-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #285
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

never too early for lists!!!! or planning or obsessing!
DS (14)
Lily
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: