Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #2686
thunderjones
Earning My Ears

51 days out, flight booked, and paid in full. I can start getting excited now, right? Those 180 day ADR will pay off!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #2687
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
And I'm excited to be wearing 16s this trip instead of 22s. My "skinny" is bigger than your "fat." I'm already planning to have the Photopass photographers take pictures (with our camera) in the same places we did in 2010.

Please, don't ever avoid the camera because of your size. It is more important to your kids that you were there (and that they can see that you were there) than what size you are.
I'm not in the WLoss group, but if I can make a suggestion (and then I'll be quiet!) . . . read Wheat Belly. Cover to cover. It's easy to find in book or e-format.

Also, the longer you break from eating wheat (and other mega-high-sugar foods), the less you'll crave it. It's how the body works.

OK, I'll be quiet now. Good luck!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #2688
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe we will see you on the road. We will probably take 81-77-26-95. We will leave Sunday after church and check in at POFQ on Monday, April 15. What route do you take?
we are leaving Saturday morning taking same route- 77-26-95-4. We are slow because we stop a LOT. We stop in VA first night, then right before Daytona Sunday night. Then we can get to Disney by noon Monday. We should be right ahead of you. If there's any traffic I'll let you know.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #2689
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
And I'm excited to be wearing 16s this trip instead of 22s. My "skinny" is bigger than your "fat." I'm already planning to have the Photopass photographers take pictures (with our camera) in the same places we did in 2010.

Please, don't ever avoid the camera because of your size. It is more important to your kids that you were there (and that they can see that you were there) than what size you are.
This is what we do too! I suffered from some pretty serious health issues for many years and gained a lot of weight. I started seeing a wonderful internist who is helping me with my issues. As a result, I have started losing weight. I recently posted this picture to Facebook to show the difference between our 2011 trip and our 2012 trip. The second picture was taken after only 3 months of working with my new doctor, so I had lost about 35 lbs. I am still in the process of losing, so I will be excited to take pictures and line them up against these two so I can really see the difference.

I know these pics were taken in two different locations, but we do take pics in the same locations every year! Sometimes I look at these pics and see a huge weight loss, and other times I don't see it. I guess that is part of my problem.

Anyway, I am celebrating! I paid off our trip today! Yay! I also booked a Keys to the Kingdom tour for the 23rd of April, so that is exciting as well. I ditched the dining plan for now. I love the DDP, but we usually get it free and I figured we could eat cheaper than we would be paying for the plan. I almost never eat dessert, so that part is usually wasted on me anyway. But...when you have 12 people in your party, free dining is an amazing savings. With just hubby and I...not so much. We don't think our friends are coming on the trip like we thought, so hubby and I are going to have a lot more freedom than we thought!

We are still eating at some TS restaurants though, so here is our schedule:
4/19 Teppan Edo 7:20 PM (We fly in at 11:07 AM, so we will have plenty of time)
4/20 Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater 5:25 PM
4/21 T-REX 2:30 PM
4/22 Fantasmic Dinner Pkg at Mama Melrose 3:30 PM
4/23 KTTK tour at 8:30 AM, lunch at Columbia Harbour House (included in tour)
and BOG at 8:25 (I think. I may cancel that as well though.)
4/24 cancelling ADR for Narcoossee's I think
4/25 Raglan Rd. 4:45 PM
4/26 Counter Service it is.
4/27 Dang it. Back to Ohio. but...I get to see my kiddos again!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Old 02-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #2690
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47510054

Started my PTR! Hope you all will enjoy reading.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #2691
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Strike what I said about being at POR! I went into My Disney Experience and sort of freaked out b/c they had me down for a garden view room at POR. I had booked a river view b/c it guarantees certain buildings, all of which are close to the food court. I have trouble with my feet, so I needed a guaranteed close location. I called, and the CM on the phone had to work with someone to change it b/c OF COURSE they were out of river view rooms for the room discount promotion. That is why I freaked in the first place! I knew they run out pretty quickly, and knew for a fact that they were out of them for my week.

So...after working with that CM for a while, it all got sorted out. They overrode the system and got me a river view room. Then...I went into My Disney Experience again, and guess what? I am down for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER with a river view room!!!!! I was like: "You've got to be kidding me!" Then I thought about it and realized that the only change in price was the difference of $134 it would cost to go from a garden view to the river view at POR. They didn't charge me extra for the room at POFQ, nor did they charge me the $171 it would have cost to go up to a river view room at POFQ. I did the math and found that I saved over $500 that it would have cost to go to POFQ. So...I asked my husband, and he said he doesn't mind staying there. That is where we originally wanted to stay anyway. What a lovely bonus. Maybe they felt bad that I made 4 calls to them today to sort things out.

Anyway, don't worry about changing where I am staying on the list yet b/c I just checked my email and there is an invoice thingy in there that says POR, so I really don't know where I'm staying!!!!! Argh!!!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???

Last edited by Blackbeltdisneygirl; 02-14-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #2692
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeltdisneygirl View Post

I know these pics were taken in two different locations, but we do take pics in the same locations every year! Sometimes I look at these pics and see a huge weight loss, and other times I don't see it. I guess that is part of my problem.
I can see the weight loss! You look beautiful! Congrats, I know what hard work it is!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #2693
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Have any of you been doing on line check in?? I wasn't going to, but I am kind of thinking the check in will be tied into MyMagic+ if it rolls out before our trip. Has everyone been able to do it ok with the new website??? My check in is on Monday, I think.

What has been the experience with the new system?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #2694
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
we are leaving Saturday morning taking same route- 77-26-95-4. We are slow because we stop a LOT. We stop in VA first night, then right before Daytona Sunday night. Then we can get to Disney by noon Monday. We should be right ahead of you. If there's any traffic I'll let you know.
On our first drive (Oct. 2007) I wanted to take two nights on the road to get there, so we stopped north of Charlotte, then Daytona Beach for the second night. But when we arrived at the beach in the midafternoon, the ocean was horrible, the winds were ferocious, and it was pouring down rain, so we decided to go the rest of the way to WDW since we weren't going to have any beach time. Pulled into POFQ at 6:00 p.m., asked at the desk if a room might be available even though we weren't expected until the following day and there was. So now we only plan on one night on the road each way.

I just wish we could leave earlier. We do "house church" -- we meet from house to house and Sunday a.m. is at our house. I might try to scoot them out the door a little more quickly that Sunday! It would also be nice if the long-winded preacher would preach a little less that Sunday. But I doubt that my dh would be willing to shorten his message for the sake of Disney!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #2695
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

45 days to go! I can't wait any longer!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #2696
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47510054

Started my PTR! Hope you all will enjoy reading.
Hi Sam, added you to the PTR post. You are the one that said on FB about going to college down there next year, right? Where are you going? I met a young man who will be attending Full Sail (I think that is the way it is spelled -- doubt that it would Fool Sale ) next year.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #2697
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Have any of you been doing on line check in?? I wasn't going to, but I am kind of thinking the check in will be tied into MyMagic+ if it rolls out before our trip. Has everyone been able to do it ok with the new website??? My check in is on Monday, I think.

I'm thinking the same thing, but I haven't done it yet. I poked around it the other day to just see if anything really telling popped up, but it didn't.
I don't have a package booked though, and I'm not planning on buying our tickets for a few more weeks, so IF they start it up AND it's linked to MyMagic+ THEN I'll make a decision. (that's if they even open up a way for non-package holders to link their tickets/vouchers to the website at that point)
Hopefully they'll be clear about the "rules." Right now they're allowing both FP systems run simultaneously, but people are speculating that at some point it will be one or the other, and possibly the current FP system going away entirely. I doubt I'll be as bothered by FP+ as some people seem to be, but I want to know what to expect.
Basically I don't want to get blindsided by them making a vital change with little or no notice. I also don't want to get locked in to FP+ if for the time being the regular FP system works better.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 02-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #2698
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sometimes I look at these pics and see a huge weight loss, and other times I don't see it. I guess that is part of my problem.

I can see it in your picture. But <<gasp>> you use a fanny pack??? How could you? I pulled mine out yesterday and discovered I no longer need the extender. Then when my dd stopped by, I showed her and all she could say was, "Oh mom, tell me you do NOT wear a fanny pack." I told her, "Yep, comfort is more important than style. I can take it off for pics if I want or even sling it over my shoulder for a bit." She says I should use a back pack. Ummm, no, I think not!

Anyway, I am celebrating! I paid off our trip today! Yay! I also booked a Keys to the Kingdom tour for the 23rd of April, so that is exciting as well.
Quote:
Strike what I said about being at POR! I went into My Disney Experience and sort of freaked out b/c they had me down for a garden view room at POR. I had booked a river view b/c it guarantees certain buildings, all of which are close to the food court. I have trouble with my feet, so I needed a guaranteed close location. I called, and the CM on the phone had to work with someone to change it b/c OF COURSE they were out of river view rooms for the room discount promotion. That is why I freaked in the first place! I knew they run out pretty quickly, and knew for a fact that they were out of them for my week.

So...after working with that CM for a while, it all got sorted out. They overrode the system and got me a river view room. Then...I went into My Disney Experience again, and guess what? I am down for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER with a river view room!!!!! I was like: "You've got to be kidding me!" Then I thought about it and realized that the only change in price was the difference of $134 it would cost to go from a garden view to the river view at POR. They didn't charge me extra for the room at POFQ, nor did they charge me the $171 it would have cost to go up to a river view room at POFQ. I did the math and found that I saved over $500 that it would have cost to go to POFQ. So...I asked my husband, and he said he doesn't mind staying there. That is where we originally wanted to stay anyway. What a lovely bonus. Maybe they felt bad that I made 4 calls to them today to sort things out.

Anyway, don't worry about changing where I am staying on the list yet b/c I just checked my email and there is an invoice thingy in there that says POR, so I really don't know where I'm staying!!!!! Argh!!!
I'm at POFQ and I am beginning to think that I will get the prize for paying the most for a room there. We have the AAA discount (10%) and that is it. I know someone else here got a nice military discount (40% I think). But dh does not want to switch, he'd rather pay more and be where he is comfortable than switch and risk being disappointed.

Quote:

I used it yesterday. It would not take my credit card. Then when I was going through and checking the few choices they give you, I discovered that once checked, you can't uncheck. Initially I checked first floor, then reconsidered. We've always been on third floor and it has never been a problem. The steps have such a gradual rise that it doesn't feel like you are climbing two flights of stairs. And we've never heard the toilet noises many people complain about, so I started thinking that this was a lower floor issue. I went back to uncheck it and couldn't get rid of it. Hmmm, maybe I should try a different browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
45 days to go! I can't wait any longer!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #2699
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I'm thinking the same thing, but I haven't done it yet. I poked around it the other day to just see if anything really telling popped up, but it didn't.
I don't have a package booked though, and I'm not planning on buying our tickets for a few more weeks, so IF they start it up AND it's linked to MyMagic+ THEN I'll make a decision. (that's if they even open up a way for non-package holders to link their tickets/vouchers to the website at that point)
Hopefully they'll be clear about the "rules." Right now they're allowing both FP systems run simultaneously, but people are speculating that at some point it will be one or the other, and possibly the current FP system going away entirely. I doubt I'll be as bothered by FP+ as some people seem to be, but I want to know what to expect.
Basically I don't want to get blindsided by them making a vital change with little or no notice. I also don't want to get locked in to FP+ if for the time being the regular FP system works better.
Yeah, maybe I'll hold off for a little bit and see if there is any more information about MyMagic+ being rolled out or not. IPO told me to go ahead and do it, but....I don't know.... We also only have a room only (we have AP's), so I don't know if that will affect anything...so many questions!

Quote:
I'm at POFQ and I am beginning to think that I will get the prize for paying the most for a room there. We have the AAA discount (10%) and that is it. I know someone else here got a nice military discount (40% I think). But dh does not want to switch, he'd rather pay more and be where he is comfortable than switch and risk being disappointed.

I used it yesterday. It would not take my credit card. Then when I was going through and checking the few choices they give you, I discovered that once checked, you can't uncheck. Initially I checked first floor, then reconsidered. We've always been on third floor and it has never been a problem. The steps have such a gradual rise that it doesn't feel like you are climbing two flights of stairs. And we've never heard the toilet noises many people complain about, so I started thinking that this was a lower floor issue. I went back to uncheck it and couldn't get rid of it. Hmmm, maybe I should try a different browser.

I have seen that reported as a problem -- not being able to uncheck once you check...I don't get that...mistakes happen...

Since I already know what floor I'll be on, and I have put my requests into IPO and they already know my arrival time....I am thinking I will just hold off on checking in on line, unless I hear more about MyMagic +

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #2700
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had a terrible time yesterday with online check in. they now REQUIRE a credit card link of you want to do online check in. You can just do regular check in if you dont want a cc on file, but I called , and there is no way to do online check in and not link a card. Also you have to assign a pin to every person in the party for charging purpose now. So I am pretty sure something will be in place by the time we are there. We are cash people and don't charge to the room, and dont want a card linked so not happy at all. Two years ago had a call from front desk to come down and give a credit card because we had a refrigerator and needed to pay for it( asmu). They left it in our room from the guests before. She told me if we had a card on file they would have already charged it. We didn't request it and I can just imagine how hard it would have been to fight that charge after we got home and saw the charge. So I pay with Disney gift cards and don't even give them a number any more. So will probably do regular check in.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: