Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:18 AM   #2656
heartofdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
There's a fellow that posts on this thread: http://www.disboards.com /showthread.php?t=2815923 -- For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (III) -- that is from Lehigh Valley. DVCZerfs is his name. You might want to pop over there.

Thank you, I will have a look!
-POFQ - August 28-September 6,2009

My first trip report-A spoonful of sugar helps to keep my mouth shut!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301208

We are going back!!! And bringing a new family member with us!!! April 7- 15, 2013
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 AM   #2657
cmbpanda
Mouseketeer

Hi, I've been lurking for a while. We're coming over from the UK for our first ever trip to Florida and WDW. Me, DH, DS12 and DD10. We are staying at CR from 28 march to 11 April. We're so excited. It's only SIX weeks away. Yay yay
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #2658
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Just now realizing that I'm going to have to put the cheeseburgers down and go tanning before the trip. Trying on shorts at the mall yesterday didn't go so well. Lol

Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #2659
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

i officially started my diet today. I will be SO depressed if I'm this weight on my trip. I lost a good amount of weight after seeing the pics from our first family WDW trip 2 years ago (I don't know do scales so best guesstimate -- 25-30 lbs.). I got down to about a couple lbs. away from squeezing into a 6. Last April when I went back with just ODS and my sister...... I went thru my closet and gave her ALL of my fat clothes for the trip, and bought myself an entirely new wardrobe. Now I've gained most of the weight back. I SWORE on this next trip I was going to get into some pics because I'm one of those people who never gets in pics because i'm always taking them....plus I hate how I look, so I sprung for PPP for this trip and everything. At this point I won't get in any of the pics. If I have to go out and buy all new fat clothes for this trip, I think it will really push me over the edge. It will put a damper on my whole trip. (life, actually )
Anyways, I lose best with low carb, so I had 2 HB eggs and a half a banana this a.m..... and I am already flipping RAVENOUS and it's only 10 a.m. It's so hard.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #2660
scooffer
Mouseketeer

Talking

HE SAID "BOOK IT"!!!! Finally DH has given me the green light to book our April 2013 trip! )Well, I have had POR-Riverside booked for two months now..., as well as Chef Mickeys, Biergarten, and 1900 Park Square) But its finally official!

Amtrak Autrotrain booked 10 minutes ago... almost lost the room price, we got the last 2 at the lower price.

Now to finish my ADRs and surprise plan.

I had to make 2 promises to DH in order for him to agree, we have to surprise the kids, and not tell them until the day we leave, and I had to promise not to make any Tshirts or autograph books, or anything But its ok... we are going to DISNEY!

Off to update my signature!

April 2014 - Family Gathering Lake Buena Vista Village and Spa 7 adults 5 kids
April 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2012 - Port Of Orleans French Quarter (perfect in every way!)
May 2011 - Cypress Pointe Grande Villas (loved it!)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #2661
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Just had to share - I'm so excited that it looks like we may get a little bit of Disney Magic in 2014 - of the California variety!!! I convinced DH last night that I would be more motivated to run and get in better shape (which he's always on me about) if I had a really fun event to train for... like the Tinker Bell Half-Marathon at at Disneyland!

He was skeptical at first, reminding me that we have half-marathons here in town all the time. Well DUH! That's not the point. He said, "Oh, you think you need Disney as a reward then. " Yes, exactly

I was at first looking at the Princess HM @ WDW, but trying to get to Florida for a 48-hour trip was going to be very tough, California is much more practical for such a short time. It's a 2-hour flight instead of a 4-hour one, and LOTS more options for direct flights, even from our home airport here in Colorado Springs without having to drive to Denver. Then I realized the one at Disneyland is MLK weekend, so we'll even have an extra day to get back.

Now I just have to get ready to run 13 miles Although I'm sure it will be easier at sea level at least (we live at about 6000 ft). And maybe I won't be quite so depressed when our April trip is over since I'll at least have this little tidbit to look forward to

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly, Hilton GVC | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014: POR | Dec 2014 - WL | July 2015 - ASMusic | Nov 2015 - FW Campground
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #2662
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
Just now realizing that I'm going to have to put the cheeseburgers down and go tanning before the trip. Trying on shorts at the mall yesterday didn't go so well. Lol
I hear you!!! I tried on shorts yesterday, went to button them...and.... yup, slim fast and a tanning bed are needed here too.

2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

Old 02-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #2663
Hannikins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
I hear you!!! I tried on shorts yesterday, went to button them...and.... yup, slim fast and a tanning bed are needed here too.
Well I'm bringing my pasty white legs over from the UK so you better not go showing me up

Previous Trips: DLP 2006 (off site) WDW 2009 (POR & enclave suites) DLP 2010 (HNY) California 2011(off site) DLP 2012 (SL)
Old 02-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #2664
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
i officially started my diet today. I will be SO depressed if I'm this weight on my trip. I lost a good amount of weight after seeing the pics from our first family WDW trip 2 years ago (I don't know do scales so best guesstimate -- 25-30 lbs.). I got down to about a couple lbs. away from squeezing into a 6. Last April when I went back with just ODS and my sister...... I went thru my closet and gave her ALL of my fat clothes for the trip, and bought myself an entirely new wardrobe. Now I've gained most of the weight back. I SWORE on this next trip I was going to get into some pics because I'm one of those people who never gets in pics because i'm always taking them....plus I hate how I look, so I sprung for PPP for this trip and everything. At this point I won't get in any of the pics. If I have to go out and buy all new fat clothes for this trip, I think it will really push me over the edge. It will put a damper on my whole trip. (life, actually )
Anyways, I lose best with low carb, so I had 2 HB eggs and a half a banana this a.m..... and I am already flipping RAVENOUS and it's only 10 a.m. It's so hard.
Oh this sounds just like me. 2 trips ago was sick when I saw in a pic how much I had gained. Lost it, got rid of al mt fat clothes and bought new. Now the new ones are too tight. REFUSE to buy fat clothes again so back to starvation. I blame the DDP for my gain NOT using DDP this trip, paying OOP. Maybe we should start a APRIL WEIGHT LOSS board... sounds like many of us are in the same boat

2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

Old 02-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #2665
jcraig
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Congrats on booking a trip!
Parks: Your plan looks good.
Resort: It can't hurt to try through David's, but it's good you have a back-up plan.
Transportation: I'm an oddball who loves Disney transportation. It's definitely better than any of the public transportation I've experienced elsewhere, and I love that too.
Food: ADRs are really up to you, but it's not that difficult to plan in one or two. I usually go for lunch reservations which has the combined bonus of being during the hottest part of the day and it's easier to make sure I'm in a particular park at that time. Since you'll have hoppers, it will be just as easy to get to a park in the evening as it would be to get to DTD.
Thank you!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #2666
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Tell me about it! I decided to have a pear for breakfast and ten minuted later I was just dying wondering how people can live on such little food.Lol.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #2667
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tell me about it! I decided to have a pear for breakfast and ten minuted later I was just dying wondering how people can live on such little food.Lol.
I've been through this enough times; the first few days are just SO hard, I feel like I'm DYING of starvation, lol. I wish you could just take something to knock you out for the first 3 days...kind of like a detox, lol.

I've been saying I'm going to start practically every day for months now but today I MEAN IT!!! (hopefully )

Isn't there weight loss board on the DIS somewhere? We should check it out. Or else I can start a group on FB if there's enough of us interested, so we don't clutter up this thread.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #2668
wdw71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Officially paid in full today! Yay!
We are also! Now we wait...
Old 02-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #2669
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've been through this enough times; the first few days are just SO hard, I feel like I'm DYING of starvation, lol. I wish you could just take something to knock you out for the first 3 days...kind of like a detox, lol.

I've been saying I'm going to start practically every day for months now but today I MEAN IT!!! (hopefully )

Isn't there weight loss board on the DIS somewhere? We should check it out. Or else I can start a group on FB if there's enough of us interested, so we don't clutter up this thread.
That would be great!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #2670
elfling8
Mouseketeer

60 Days!!!

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: