Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #2641
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

If it's OK to watch the fireworks at the Polynesian if you're not staying there, I presume that extends to the Contemporary?

DS2 and I are doing the Pirates & Pals cruise from the Contemporary on April 26. DH and DS1 are planning to stick around the hotel, hit the arcade, get some ice cream or something somewhere and watch the water pageant and fireworks from the beach. They're going to have a few hours to kill, and we are not familiar with the Contemporary at all!

Harlie, you're going to be at WDW the same days we are. We'll even be at the Crystal Palace the same day, but we're having dinner.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #2642
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

i wish they would put out the Limited Time Magic schedule more than a week in advance. i'm DYING to know what will be during my week.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #2643
Harlie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013

Harlie, you're going to be at WDW the same days we are. We'll even be at the Crystal Palace the same day, but we're having dinner.
That is awesome! Watch for us I will be wearing a lgmh!

Family Trip @POP Sept 2010 Follow along the madness - PreTrip Report

DL Islander Inn and Suites 2008
Delayed Disneymoon just me and DH WDW Pop Century 2009
Me DH and DD13 SDS 12 DS 8
Old 02-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #2644
GaMomof2Girls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
i wish they would put out the Limited Time Magic schedule more than a week in advance. i'm DYING to know what will be during my week.
Same here!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #2645
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Anybody ever do an adults only Chef Mickeys? We have no kids but I am obsessed with Minnie and Mickey. Should I just wait and see them at Magic Kingdom again? I made my reservation two months ago, but I have read reviews that some of the CM's (characters and servers) are not very pleasant, even if you have children. And would love this info so I can pass the res time to a family who really wants it.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #2646
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofdisney View Post
Hi! It's been quite awhile since I lasted posted on thie DIS.But then it's been awhile since I was on a Disney trip.
Besides a one day visit to Epcot last February, my last actual Disney trip was back in 2009. So I am really looking forward to going in April.
My family and I (DH ,2 DD ages 25 and 20) and 1 DGD, (21 months at time of visit) will be driving down, and we leave on April 3!
We always drive through the night and expect to arrive in Titusville on the 4/4 right around check in time. We will be in Titusville visiting with my mom who lives there, and then we will head on over to Orlando on the morning of the 6th. Our Disney package doesn't actually start until the 7th, so we will be staying in a near by hotel for the night.My dd's want to spend 4/6 at US & IOA, so my husband and I will be taking our granddaughter to Sea World that day. Then the following day we will all check into a family suite at The Art of Animation Resort.We booked a Nemo suite andare very excited to stay at this resort. My DG loves Finding Nemo, and we know she will be so thrilled to see him at this resort.

My husband and I surprised our DD's with this trip on Christmas day. After they had opened up all thier gifts and some time had gone by, I pretended to find two more gifts that I had forgotten to place under the tree. When they opened these gifts, what they found was a simple chalkboard,outlined with Disney princesses that I had bought at a dollar store. On the chalkboard, I had written, 'Surprise!!! Your going to Disney World in April 2013!!! "
They were pretty happy when they read that ,and then the rest of Christmas day was just talking and making plans for Disney! It was a fun day!

And now we are counting down the days. The trip has been booked and paid for,the dining reservations have been made, and new clothes have already been purchased.My dd's have cleared thier schedules as far as work and school go, and are now working on teaching my DG all about the Disney characters and getting her familiar with Disney characters. I am especially excited to take my granddaughter for her first trip and see Disney World through her eyes, even if they aren't quite 2 years old yet at the time!
We will be there 4/7- 4/15.
There's a fellow that posts on this thread: http://www.disboards.com /showthread.php?t=2815923 -- For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (III) -- that is from Lehigh Valley. DVCZerfs is his name. You might want to pop over there.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 02-12-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #2647
lwells523
Earning My Ears

April 2013!

Finally got a trip for the family. April 25th-30th. We are going to stay at the PopCentury. Going to be using Disney transportation with a 5 & 2yr old. This will be their 1st trip and we havent told them yet. Should be fun. Is there still a fridge swap or do people just rent them from Disney now?

Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #2648
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth View Post
Anybody ever do an adults only Chef Mickeys? We have no kids but I am obsessed with Minnie and Mickey. Should I just wait and see them at Magic Kingdom again? I made my reservation two months ago, but I have read reviews that some of the CM's (characters and servers) are not very pleasant, even if you have children. And would love this info so I can pass the res time to a family who really wants it.
My sister and I went to Chef Mickey's a couple years ago, and we are both in our 20s. We got to meet all of the characters.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #2649
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post
If it's OK to watch the fireworks at the Polynesian if you're not staying there, I presume that extends to the Contemporary?

DS2 and I are doing the Pirates & Pals cruise from the Contemporary on April 26. DH and DS1 are planning to stick around the hotel, hit the arcade, get some ice cream or something somewhere and watch the water pageant and fireworks from the beach. They're going to have a few hours to kill, and we are not familiar with the Contemporary at all!

Yup. As far as Disney's concerned, anyone can hang out on the beaches and around the resorts. The only exception is using the pools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Me too! Hopefully they'll start posting them a bit further in advance soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth View Post
I haven't done Chef Mickey's, but I've done Tusker House, Ohana, and 1900 Park Fare just adults, and everyone was perfectly pleasant. I've heard that people LOVE the character interaction at Chef Mickey's, but it's really up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwells523 View Post
Finally got a trip for the family. April 25th-30th. We are going to stay at the PopCentury. Going to be using Disney transportation with a 5 & 2yr old. This will be their 1st trip and we havent told them yet. Should be fun. Is there still a fridge swap or do people just rent them from Disney now?
If I'm informed correctly all of the Disney hotels now have fridges in every room.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #2650
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwells523
All rooms at Disney now have a fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #2651
lwells523
Earning My Ears

Thats Awesome

That will help a ton! Last I read somewhere that they were available for like $12 a night which is a little pricey on a budget. If that was the case then a Styrofoam cooler would work for me. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #2652
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlie
Okay let me restart!!

Hi everyone! I am excited to join the April 2013 Dis-group! We just made our reservations today!
We leave on April 23rd at 6am and arrive at MCO at apx 2:15. taking the magical express to our resort Coronondo Springs Resort. This is our first time in a moderate!

This trip is just for me and my DH. We had been trying for a second child of our own for over a year and have learned it won't happen without a petrie dish. and even then there is no guarantee so we decided to give up because the costs are too much (emotionally and financially) It has been difficult to be okay with this choice because the desire to have another child is still there and it doesn't go away. So we thought a distraction would help pass the time. What better distraction then our Favorite place in the world! Disney.

SO today has been a busy day. Plane reservations made, room and park tickets booked, parks days decided on and ADRs complete!

ADRs
April 24th: Crystal Palace Breakfast
April 25th: Biergarten Lunch, Le Cellier Late supper (There is a story behind this adr I will chat about later)
April 26th: Tuskar House Breaky
April 27th: Prime Time supper
April 28th: Be our guest supper
April 29th(My Birthday): Yachtman Steakhouse supper
April 30th: Maya Grill
May 1st: Bubba Gump Shrimp

So in 71 more days I can go home!
I just want to send you my well wishes. I know how awful infertility is, DH and I have struggled with it since 2006, after 4 doctors, one surgery (me), numerous IUIs, insane side effects to IF medications, we are meeting with one final clinic in NY to get on their donor embryo list, we are already on 3 others each with a minimum 1 year wait. (IVF and traditional adoption is way out of our financial comfort zone.)

So, enjoy your Disney trip for the two of you. Celebrate one another and have a wonderful time together!

We love Coronado Springs, we are staying there from 4/3-4/5. You will love it. Your dining looks delicious too! Have fun, and be well!

Jen
Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #2653
klm7926
Mouseketeer

60 day mark for us today!!!!!
april 2013: all star sports
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #2654
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Mom just surprised us again, please change the first leg of our trip, 3/31-4/3 to the Grand Floridian. Yippee!!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #2655
Lynn57
DIS Veteran

Add me to the April list!

April 13-18- at OKW!!!

59 days away! WAHOOOOO!!!!!
Feb. 2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo House
April 2007- Beach Club Villas
Feb. 2011- Bay Lake Towers
Dec. 2011- Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Sept. 2012- Boardwalk Villas (Tower of Terror 10 Mile!)
April 2013- Old Key West
April 2014- Old Key West
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: