Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #2461
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINRK View Post
The dessert party reservations won't open up until the month before your trip, so you didn't miss it yet. Start trying to book the res in March and check each day.
Ohhhhhhh That explains it. Thanks so much, I'll definitely be trying at the 30 day mark then.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #2462
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit

That's what it say on the website for the dessert party reservations. I cant find a reservation available on any day between now and the end of my trip. What the heck is up with that????

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #2463
DanaMark3boys
Earning My Ears

Wal mart is the place to go for Disney related shirts!!
I avoid Walmart at all costs but last year found matching Mickey shirts for all 3 of my boys( at the time they were 8 months, 5 and 7) I will des be trying again this year. I usually only get one a piece to wear on our first day.
I actually can't wait to take advantage of it Bc normally I would never ever be able to get my 8 year old to wear a Mickey shirt!! Haha
Old 01-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #2464
DanaMark3boys
Earning My Ears

I'm also trying to think of how to tell my boys! 2012 we did a scavenger hunt.. And the final clue led to a huge frames picture of the castle that my son has in his room.. And we put a big X on the pic and the clue said something about that being our destination.
2010 we woke them up and just surprised them and went to the airport. The funny thing is-- all my prep put into the scavenger hunt- it didn't turn out as much excitement as I thought it would! Waking and telling them actually went better.

I'm trying to think of something fun for this year but its hard Bc my 8 year old is into my business like none other right now, he literally listens to everything I say to everyone! Haha so I am afraid hell catch on before then!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #2465
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post
And it seems like Disney apparel goes up to toddler, then stops!
I've always found that really strange that kids past a certain age can't find Disney clothes because Disney clothes are huge even for teenage/young adult women. There's almost always a Mickey Mouse or Disney shirt at H&M and Forever 21. I just got a vintage-style Mickey & Friends shirt at H&M the other day, and a cropped Mickey top at Topshop. I saw Forever 21 had a two different Mickey sweaters, a Toy Story sweater, a Little Mermaid sweater AND an Alice in Wonderland sweater. It seems so weird to me that they'd exclude school aged kids of all genders when Disney is still marketable to adults! I suppose they figure boys don't like Disney past a certain age, but I think they're missing out on a market there.

For those of you with daughters, though, check out Forever 21 or H&M for Disney clothes. They've almost always got something. Depending on their ages and sizes, they could probably fit into them.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #2466
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

Resort Changing

I am so embarassed. I won't even bother y'all with the details this time. I am sorry.

cherylsmike -- April 14 - 21 @ POR
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #2467
Misti315
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear

Most of the shopping I do is online, since the nearest Disney store is over an hour away, in Denver. I almost never find a shirt online that she likes in a 10-12. She has a couple of Phineas & Ferb ones, but even their 10/12's are so small that once they are washed, they barely fit (as compared to a 10/12 from Target, which is slightly too big on her).

We are passing right by the Denver store on Friday (headed to an out-of-town swim meet) so I'm planning to stop by and hope to have better luck in the store. Target in years past has had a pretty good selection of Disney t's, but I haven't seen any this year. Might have to get desperate and try Wal-Mart, which I usually avoid like the plague, lol! I'm also making at least on iron-on for her, she designed a Wall-E one that she really wants, I just haven't been able to find a plain white short sleeve tee anywhere yet, it's all long sleeves and turtlenecks everywhere.
The have Minney shirts in the womens section at my Target. My 11 year old can wear some women's shirts.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #2468
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti315 View Post
The have Minney shirts in the womens section at my Target. My 11 year old can wear some women's shirts.
I just got my 11 year old and 13 year old adorable Disney shirts in the Target junior section. My 16 year old found a couple of cute ones at Forever 21.

Last edited by awfullybigadventure; 01-31-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #2469
KMarston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel

I've always found that really strange that kids past a certain age can't find Disney clothes because Disney clothes are huge even for teenage/young adult women. There's almost always a Mickey Mouse or Disney shirt at H&M and Forever 21. I just got a vintage-style Mickey & Friends shirt at H&M the other day, and a cropped Mickey top at Topshop. I saw Forever 21 had a two different Mickey sweaters, a Toy Story sweater, a Little Mermaid sweater AND an Alice in Wonderland sweater. It seems so weird to me that they'd exclude school aged kids of all genders when Disney is still marketable to adults! I suppose they figure boys don't like Disney past a certain age, but I think they're missing out on a market there.

For those of you with daughters, though, check out Forever 21 or H&M for Disney clothes. They've almost always got something. Depending on their ages and sizes, they could probably fit into them.
Forever21 sells Disney stuff? I never noticed!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #2470
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
Resort Changing

I am so embarassed. I won't even bother y'all with the details this time. I am sorry.

cherylsmike -- April 14 - 21 @ POR
Now you've made me want to know the details!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #2471
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
We r staying at PO Riverside. until the 1st then were going to Universal and staying at the Hard rock cafe til the 5th.
Sorry don't understand where your staying?

Oh YES I LOVE to scrapbook already have two scrapbooks from previous trips there. This will be my 4th trip there. I am so lucky!
Sorry, didn't say. Art of Animation!

We've only been to Disney once since I started scrapbooking (when my oldest was born). I can't wait to make a new one.

---

On the other subject, I haven't seen anything Disney-clothing-wise for boys at Target recently. Not outside toddler age, anyway.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 01-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #2472
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMarston

Forever21 sells Disney stuff? I never noticed!
Yep! Usually in the graphic tee section.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #2473
MINRK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit

That's what it say on the website for the dessert party reservations. I cant find a reservation available on any day between now and the end of my trip. What the heck is up with that????

I believe when they open up for reservations, they open the entire month at once so right now February is open. That also explains why you can't find availability at the moment because the months bookings have been open for a few weeks now which mean they have probably filled up.
There is a thread named (wishes dessert party February now open). I don't have enough posts to add a link, sorry.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #2474
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post

I'm sure the demand fluctuates over time. When I was in high school, the Disney store didn't even sell adult sizes. Granted, that was during the time when the Children's Place owned them, so that probably had something to do with it. My friends and I would buy Disney tees that were girls (or boys) XL.

I know my brothers all reached an age when they were no longer interested in Disney much. They might not mind going to the parks, but the Donald Duck or even Cars t-shirts were a little juvenile. I don't even bother trying to pick out Disney themed clothes for DH for our trips, because it's doubtful that he'd wear any of it.
I suppose they probably figure that it makes more sense to market to their stronger demographic.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #2475
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain

I'm sure the demand fluctuates over time. When I was in high school, the Disney store didn't even sell adult sizes. Granted, that was during the time when the Children's Place owned them, so that probably had something to do with it. My friends and I would buy Disney tees that were girls (or boys) XL.

I know my brothers all reached an age when they were no longer interested in Disney much. They might not mind going to the parks, but the Donald Duck or even Cars t-shirts were a little juvenile. I don't even bother trying to pick out Disney themed clothes for DH for our trips, because it's doubtful that he'd wear any of it.
I suppose they probably figure that it makes more sense to market to their stronger demographic.
You're probably right. I suppose it's not that there isn't a market, there just isn't a big enough one to make it worthwhile to them.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: