Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #2446
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Ok, I have not read through this whole thread yet. We have a trip planned for the end of February but, we may have to postpone it. We're thinking mid to late April.
So I'm wanting to know what the weather is usually like around then? Is it hot? Humid? Any info you can share about going in April is greatly appreciated! TIA!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #2447
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

I booked airfare today! I'm planning on booking our hotel through my travel agent tomorrow!
So it's official, we WILL be at Disney from April 13th-20th.

Time to make a ticker!
POFQ Apr 13-20 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #2448
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
Ok, I have not read through this whole thread yet. We have a trip planned for the end of February but, we may have to postpone it. We're thinking mid to late April.
So I'm wanting to know what the weather is usually like around then? Is it hot? Humid? Any info you can share about going in April is greatly appreciated! TIA!
We went in late April in 2007 and 2009. Weather was fantastic. Mid to upper 80's. Plus we love the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot..so beautiful!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #2449
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

A minor vent: Why is it that so many stores seem to carry their Disney clothing (for boys anyway) only up to 4T or so???

I've been going through the boys' summer clothing and discovering that they're outgrown just about everything from last summer. To make matters worse, the little one is now, well, in just about the same size as the big one! (Sturdy almost-5-year-old; skinny, small-for-his-age 8-year-old) We have to buy just about everything new, and we don't have until summer, because we'll need it for April.

Of course, I'll get plenty of generic items, because they can't wear Disney stuff 24/7 ( ). But after buying some stuff off the Disney website, I was looking at other stores where I could just pick up some T-shirts, PJs and shorts locally. And it seems like Disney apparel goes up to toddler, then stops!

Really? No 8-year-old would like those Lion King pajamas? No one over 4 or so would want that Cars T-shirt? Not even a Mickey Mouse shirt?

And they both really love Winnie-the-Pooh right now. (I found an old tape of the 1960s film, which I remember fondly from childhood.) YDS loves Tigger. ODS likes Eeyore. But everything Pooh-related is for babies!

I know my perception of what most 8-year-olds like is a little skewed, because ODS has some special needs and is in many ways younger than his peers. But ... really?

I really wish our local Disney stores hadn't closed. The closest one now is an hour drive away, in another country. OK, Buffalonians may border-hop frequently, but I don't know if I can talk DH into going to Canada just to visit a Disney store.

Sigh. Thanks for reading.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #2450
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

I would like to be added to the list, please.

I am going April 26th til May 5th
Thanks

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #2451
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013
A minor vent: Why is it that so many stores seem to carry their Disney clothing (for boys anyway) only up to 4T or so???

I've been going through the boys' summer clothing and discovering that they're outgrown just about everything from last summer. To make matters worse, the little one is now, well, in just about the same size as the big one! (Sturdy almost-5-year-old; skinny, small-for-his-age 8-year-old) We have to buy just about everything new, and we don't have until summer, because we'll need it for April.

Of course, I'll get plenty of generic items, because they can't wear Disney stuff 24/7 ( ). But after buying some stuff off the Disney website, I was looking at other stores where I could just pick up some T-shirts, PJs and shorts locally. And it seems like Disney apparel goes up to toddler, then stops!

Really? No 8-year-old would like those Lion King pajamas? No one over 4 or so would want that Cars T-shirt? Not even a Mickey Mouse shirt?

And they both really love Winnie-the-Pooh right now. (I found an old tape of the 1960s film, which I remember fondly from childhood.) YDS loves Tigger. ODS likes Eeyore. But everything Pooh-related is for babies!

I know my perception of what most 8-year-olds like is a little skewed, because ODS has some special needs and is in many ways younger than his peers. But ... really?

I really wish our local Disney stores hadn't closed. The closest one now is an hour drive away, in another country. OK, Buffalonians may border-hop frequently, but I don't know if I can talk DH into going to Canada just to visit a Disney store.

I'm bummed that I can't get hardly anything for DD(9) from the Disney Store. The girls stuff usually goes up to a 7/8, but their sizes run so small, she had almost outgrown those when she was 6. And then there is nothing until the adult sizes. Sometimes I can make an adult x-small work for her, but the neck tends to be too big.

I think Disney is missing the boat here, lots if older kids would wear appropriately designed Disney clothes if they made them.

1984-2001: Off-site & day-trips | 6/08:Poly | TR | Photos
12/08:Hilton GVC | TR | Photos | 6/10:CBR | TR | Photos
3/12:ASMo |TR| Photos | 4/13:YC | PTR | TR | Photos
Upcoming: 3/14: AKV & AoA | 12/14: VWL
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #2452
MINRK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
We literally do the same thing. That's why I got an DR for Be Our Guest the first night. Tried to get one for the desert party, but couldn't Anyone wanna put a family of five in their pocket? Lol
The dessert party reservations won't open up until the month before your trip, so you didn't miss it yet. Start trying to book the res in March and check each day.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #2453
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
I would like to be added to the list, please.

I am going April 26th til May 5th
Thanks

We're going to be there April 23 to May 1! Where are you staying?

I take it you scrapbook? I'm going nuts putting aside supplies for our trip scrapbook(s) this time.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #2454
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Did u check target for the disney tees? I always see them in the girls junior section, so maybe they have them for boys too
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 01-31-2013, 05:40 AM   #2455
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
I'm bummed that I can't get hardly anything for DD(9) from the Disney Store. The girls stuff usually goes up to a 7/8, but their sizes run so small, she had almost outgrown those when she was 6. And then there is nothing until the adult sizes. Sometimes I can make an adult x-small work for her, but the neck tends to be too big.

I think Disney is missing the boat here, lots if older kids would wear appropriately designed Disney clothes if they made them.
I would go crazy! Our Disney store goes up to size 12 for girls. Maybe you could order on line??

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #2456
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post

We're going to be there April 23 to May 1! Where are you staying?

I take it you scrapbook? I'm going nuts putting aside supplies for our trip scrapbook(s) this time.
We r staying at PO Riverside. until the 1st then were going to Universal and staying at the Hard rock cafe til the 5th.
Sorry don't understand where your staying?

Oh YES I LOVE to scrapbook already have two scrapbooks from previous trips there. This will be my 4th trip there. I am so lucky!

1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
Old 01-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #2457
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post

When I went with my parents and son in '08 I couldn't find t-shirts either for all of us so I made them with iron on transfer. Have you considered that? That way you can personalize them and we wore our matching t's in Animal Kingdom. Just a thought.

1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #2458
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Still trying to think of ways to do the reveal. My original plan was to spell it out with an easter egg hunt, but now i dont want to wait til easter. So i just had a thought -- every weekend we have disney movie night. All the movies are written on a little piece of paper and they draw one each week. I was thinking of taking them out at some point and replacing with scraps that say "we're going to disney world". When they pull one out and instead of a movie it just says "going" or "world", they'll be so confused, lol.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 AM   #2459
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I would go crazy! Our Disney store goes up to size 12 for girls. Maybe you could order on line??
Most of the shopping I do is online, since the nearest Disney store is over an hour away, in Denver. I almost never find a shirt online that she likes in a 10-12. She has a couple of Phineas & Ferb ones, but even their 10/12's are so small that once they are washed, they barely fit (as compared to a 10/12 from Target, which is slightly too big on her).

We are passing right by the Denver store on Friday (headed to an out-of-town swim meet) so I'm planning to stop by and hope to have better luck in the store. Target in years past has had a pretty good selection of Disney t's, but I haven't seen any this year. Might have to get desperate and try Wal-Mart, which I usually avoid like the plague, lol! I'm also making at least on iron-on for her, she designed a Wall-E one that she really wants, I just haven't been able to find a plain white short sleeve tee anywhere yet, it's all long sleeves and turtlenecks everywhere.

1984-2001: Off-site & day-trips | 6/08:Poly | TR | Photos
12/08:Hilton GVC | TR | Photos | 6/10:CBR | TR | Photos
3/12:ASMo |TR| Photos | 4/13:YC | PTR | TR | Photos
Upcoming: 3/14: AKV & AoA | 12/14: VWL
Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 AM   #2460
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Still trying to think of ways to do the reveal. My original plan was to spell it out with an easter egg hunt, but now i dont want to wait til easter. So i just had a thought -- every weekend we have disney movie night. All the movies are written on a little piece of paper and they draw one each week. I was thinking of taking them out at some point and replacing with scraps that say "we're going to disney world". When they pull one out and instead of a movie it just says "going" or "world", they'll be so confused, lol.
That sounds like fun! I love watching them go from confused, to disbelief, to excitement.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: