Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #2416
wdw71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhum
Anyone else notice that Mad Tea Party will be closed for rehab starting on 4/10? Kind of a bummer, but at least it isn't one of the main attractions. My fingers are crossed that there won't be many more closed in April! http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
I just saw this! My kids love it so we will ride early on our trip as long as they don't close it earlier than the 10th.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #2417
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw71 View Post
Very excited! Been twice during this time and EPCOT is so beautiful. The food booths are going to be fun.
i love it too and I'm not even a flower/garden fan.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #2418
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post
I feel a little silly, but if anyone understand, you folks will.

Anyone else get teared up with Disney planning stuff sometimes? It's meant a lot to us over the years (see PTR) and it's been a long time since our last trip. In fact, I'd almost given up hope we'd ever get back.

I was curled up on the couch this morning with my younger son (who has never been to WDW). We were the only two in the house awake and he asked to watch the Disney planning DVD. A few minutes in, he squirmed around and looked up at me and asked suspiciously, "Are you crying again, Mommy?"

Well, yes, a little. The video clips of kids running around the parks at the beginning get me. I can't wait until it's my two.

Then I was doing some work on the computer in our home office and put the "Illuminations" soundtrack on as background music. Big mistake.

The "We Go On" music makes me think of a lot of things ... visiting the park with my parents during the surprise trip my dad planned for my mom after her mom (my grandma) died when I was 16 ... watching it with my husband on our honeymoon ... watching it with our parents the last night of the trip when my MIL had a heart attack (this was literally the only thing we were all able to do together that whole trip) ... watching it with our 15-month-old son after the baby survived open-heart surgery at 5 months old ...

Sniff. I'm going to be a mess in April. But a happy mess.
I've already told my family that each of them will be carrying a box of tissues, and hopefully there will be enough to get me through the first day!I cry so much over anything Disney. It's really getting quite pathetic.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #2419
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I am out of control with the custom outfits for DD. At first I figured 1 or 2. Now I'm going for 1 for each day. And I can't be simple and just pick a design that someone's already done, I have to like 1 aspect of 1 design and another aspect of another design, and then mix them all together and come up with my own thing. God only knows what they'll look like in the end, lol.
I hadn't even really considered outfits for DS. Although I bought him a Mickey outfit over a year ago, because it was inexpensive at the consignment store, and I was hopeful that we'd end up at Disney so he could wear it.
Otherwise, the options for boys just aren't as much fun. If I'm creative I'm sure I can think of something though.
Maybe I'll just have to consign myself to making matching T-shirts for my sister and I for every day. I'm pretty sure she'd be game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhum View Post
Anyone else notice that Mad Tea Party will be closed for rehab starting on 4/10? Kind of a bummer, but at least it isn't one of the main attractions. My fingers are crossed that there won't be many more closed in April! http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
Man....and I was actually thinking about riding it this time. I don't think I've been on it since I was 5 years old. I always skip it, but I thought it'd be fun this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBum303 View Post
FWIW, I think the Seas Aqua tour would be amazing! For me, vacation is the time to do things you can't really do at home. I can eat at a fancy restaurant anytime (well, as the paycheck to bills ratio allows), but the Seas Aqua tour is strictly Orlando. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Yeah...I'm really starting to lean towards that. DH isn't excited that we'll only get 30 minutes of time in the water, but to me that's better than nothing, and apparently it doesn't take park admission, so we could do it on our break day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post
I feel a little silly, but if anyone understand, you folks will.

Anyone else get teared up with Disney planning stuff sometimes? It's meant a lot to us over the years (see PTR) and it's been a long time since our last trip. In fact, I'd almost given up hope we'd ever get back.

I was curled up on the couch this morning with my younger son (who has never been to WDW). We were the only two in the house awake and he asked to watch the Disney planning DVD. A few minutes in, he squirmed around and looked up at me and asked suspiciously, "Are you crying again, Mommy?"

Well, yes, a little. The video clips of kids running around the parks at the beginning get me. I can't wait until it's my two.

Then I was doing some work on the computer in our home office and put the "Illuminations" soundtrack on as background music. Big mistake.

The "We Go On" music makes me think of a lot of things ... visiting the park with my parents during the surprise trip my dad planned for my mom after her mom (my grandma) died when I was 16 ... watching it with my husband on our honeymoon ... watching it with our parents the last night of the trip when my MIL had a heart attack (this was literally the only thing we were all able to do together that whole trip) ... watching it with our 15-month-old son after the baby survived open-heart surgery at 5 months old ...

Sniff. I'm going to be a mess in April. But a happy mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
My kids and DH repeatedly make fun of me because everything Disney makes me cry...sad, but true.

My smart Alec DH imported all of our plans for April into our awesome spreadsheet, and felt the need to put next to each fireworks show "Watch Mommy Cry"

I cry on Magical Express. It is really a problem.
Uh....yeah....
Heck, I just almost started crying today, because it was nice enough to go outside and play as a family (we got a fluke 70 degree day in Kansas). All I can say is that we've had a rough couple of years...
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a mess at Disney this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
Where in South Korea.......and more importantly did they have the best kimchee there or what????
We got sent to Dongducheon (north of Seoul near Soyosan Mountain) with the military. DH liked kimchi, but I couldn't even stand the smell.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #2420
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

The planning DVD always has me tearing up as well. I don't cry a whole lot at Disney World, but I have never got through an entire trip without crying.

January has flown by and I am glad that February is a short month. Time always flies by the closer I get to a trip. I am usually wanting to hoard money and I always feel like I am running out of time.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #2421
Abbyj
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!

We are planning our first trip to Disney since I was four years old in 1985! I am assuming things have changed a little.

We are staying at the Poly from April 28 - May 3. This board has been so amazing. Thank you all so much. We kind of decided to go on a whim only about a month ago. It will be me, my DH, my DS (3), and we are bringing my parents along.

Our 90 day mark was today!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #2422
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Well....DH answered one of my dining dilemma questions for me. Occasionally, I can get his focus on Disney, so we can discuss the trip....

He doesn't want to wake up around 5:30 am in order to make it to a 7am ADR at Chef Mickey's.
I still can't decide if we should do Tusker House or Chef Mickey's. Tusker House would be more convenient, but it would give us 2 TS meals for that day.
IF DS takes to the characters, I think he'd like Chef Mickey's better, because it has Minnie Mouse. I just wish there was a lunch option. The ADR I have is for 10:45am. If we're at the Magic Kingdom that morning, it would be doable, but if we want to go anywhere else, not so much. Hence, why I wanted the 7am, well before the parks open ADR.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #2423
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Well....DH answered one of my dining dilemma questions for me. Occasionally, I can get his focus on Disney, so we can discuss the trip....

He doesn't want to wake up around 5:30 am in order to make it to a 7am ADR at Chef Mickey's.
I still can't decide if we should do Tusker House or Chef Mickey's. Tusker House would be more convenient, but it would give us 2 TS meals for that day.
IF DS takes to the characters, I think he'd like Chef Mickey's better, because it has Minnie Mouse. I just wish there was a lunch option. The ADR I have is for 10:45am. If we're at the Magic Kingdom that morning, it would be doable, but if we want to go anywhere else, not so much. Hence, why I wanted the 7am, well before the parks open ADR.
Is this day a part of the trip when it might be nice to have a sleep in day? A nice relaxing morning and then breakfast at Chef Mickey's. If you go to a park after you can always do the smaller attractions, meet some more characters, and absorb the atmosphere.

Two TS in one day would be too much for me but if one was an early breakfast and one dinner you could just do a snack for lunch and Tusker House would probably be fine.

Or you could do a Mother and Son breakfast and let DH meet you at the park later.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #2424
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

I am so glad knowing other people tear up during Disney planning, too. And I can just see me taking that first step onto Main Street our first full day and losing it!

I found some glittery lime green scrapbooking paper in my stash and punched out a bunch of Mickey heads. I think I might take some jump rings and put together a chain of them for our backpack.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #2425
TheLostGirlsMom
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!!

My DD4 just convinced her Papa to take her back to the world this past Sunday at dinner. The awesome Mom that I am made our ADRs at 180 days since I've been secretly planning . I'm new to posting in the forum world so here's my first itinerary.

4/24 checkin Beach Club

Relax at SAB

5:00 Cape May Cafe

4/25

Epcot

8:30 Akerhus(thinking we may cancel to much to do at opening)

1:00 Chef De France

WS CS for Dinner

Illuminations

4/26

Resorts day and checkin to AKL Jambo

12:00 Beaches and Cream

Dinner maybe Sanaa

4/27

Spend time with my sister doing whatever they want

4/28

Checkin BWV

TH or Boma10:30

Late arrival AK open until 8 so plenty of time

CS dinner maybe Y&Y or Flametree

4/29

Hollywood Studios

Starring Rolls and Ming's lunch

Epcot CS dinner and an OGM

4/30

Magic Kingdom

11:30 BOG CS

6:00 Kona

Wishes

5/1

Checkin AKL-Kidani

Resort day

4:00 HDDR(TIW pricing too. Woohoo! This is thinly reason we've never eaten here before since TIW seating was late)

5/2

Epcot

11:30 Coral Reef

WS CS dinner

5/3

Magic Kingdom

Sleepy Hollow CS lunch

4:30 BOG

MSEP and Wishes

5/4

12:00 Sanaa
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #2426
DanaMark3boys
Earning My Ears

Ok am I the only one who feels the need to run to MK my first day in wdw?? Lol
We always arrive early afternoon, check in and head right for MK! It's not real till I see the castle!! Maybe I'm weird? Haha
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #2427
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMark3boys View Post
We always arrive early afternoon, check in and head right for MK! It's not real till I see the castle!! Maybe I'm weird? Haha
I'm kind of the opposite. I want the castle to be the last thing I see before heading home, so I try to make our MK day our last park day.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #2428
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
We always go to the MK in the morning on our first full day there. Nothing beats waking up early, seeing the opening show, and riding Space Mountain. If we arrive in the afternoon, we usually go somewhere else, though in April since we'll be at Bay Lake Tower I'm tempted to walk over to the MK in the evening!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #2429
DanaMark3boys
Earning My Ears

We have always done 8 days- first and last we do MK.
I always cry our last night watching wishes and know we are going home in the morning:/
But that first day there is just so special
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #2430
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
We have always done 8 days- first and last we do MK.
I always cry our last night watching wishes and know we are going home in the morning:/
But that first day there is just so special
OK, that is why I hate going to the MK on our last day! The first time I ever saw Wishes was the last night of our trip (in 2005 I think?). I seriously bawled the entire time!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: