Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #2401
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderjones View Post
Heads up

The Magic Kingdom's Mad Tea Party is once again back on the refurbishment schedule. It is set to close on April 10 2013 with a reopening on May 22 2013.
What the crud?????? First BTMRR and now the Tea Cups? Insert massive line of inappropriate expletives here...........
Old 01-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #2402
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkleinbe View Post
What the crud?????? First BTMRR and now the Tea Cups? Insert massive line of inappropriate expletives here...........
Wait, what? Why are you mentioning BTMRR? They just had a huge refurbishment last year. I am pretty sure the Disneyland BTMRR is closed for refurb though...
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #2403
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wait, what do you mean BTMRR? It's not going to be closed in April, is it?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #2404
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

yeah I agree, what's up with BTMRR????? it was down last April!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 01-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #2405
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

So sorry!! My Disney facts are getting all jumbled. My apologies!! BTMRR is safe. Oops.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #2406
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So sorry!! My Disney facts are getting all jumbled. My apologies!! BTMRR is safe. Oops.
Big sigh of relief! I was worried you had some inside scoop!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #2407
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

Soooo sorry for the confusion. I just looked and BTMRR is closed at DisneyLAND. I'm such a goof.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #2408
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Good morning ......

January is almost over!!

I have been super busy at work and it's interfering with my DVP (Disney Vacation Planning). Annoying!! And then at home I'm busy planning other peoples' trips and trying to remember to throw my kids some crumbs every few hours to keep them alive.

I need some down time, I want to work on my touring plans!
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 01-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #2409
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Time to start talking Lime Green Mickey Heads -- LGMH, the unofficial secret DISser identifier.

So, how many of you are doing this: ?

If you don't know what a LGMH is, check the DIS. The most recent thread I found is this one: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2984199 .

I always put one in our car window, one in our room window, and attach one to whatever bag I am carrying / wearing that day.

If I see you with one, I WILL say Hi. If you see me, you better say Hi!
I was always wondering if there was a way to identify ourselves and other DISers. This is great. I know a lot of us are at POR on the same dates, so I think putting them in the room windows will be interesting.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #2410
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I just spent my last two summers in South Korea during monsoon season, so hopefully the over abundance of rain in my recent past will keep it away during our trip time.

Either way...I don't much mind rain. The only issue is DS. I'd happily be drenched at Disney, but I don't want to be dealing with a cranky 2 year old. Remind me to pack the rain cover for the stroller, just in case.

Is anyone else excited about the Flower & Garden festival?
I thought it was just the gorgeous topiaries. I didn't realize they have themed play areas for kids. I guess they're adding food kiosks this year, as well.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guide...wer-garden.htm
Whoa, and presentations by HGTV stars? I love HGTV!
Where in South Korea.......and more importantly did they have the best kimchee there or what????

Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #2411
LynneIL
Earning My Ears

Iím obsessed and my family is barely tolerating me! :lol

Dh and I went to WDW for our honeymoon in 1998. Iíve wanted to go back, but we havenít had the money. Now we are finally getting to go. The kids are 11, 9, and almost 5.

My kids donít really understand what is so great about WDW. I try to explain it, but they just donít get it. My 10 year old daughter is REALLY apprehensive about the whole thing. The idea of flying on a plane to get there makes her tear up because she is really scared of it. We were talking about the trip together on Saturday and she was really trying to understand why Iím so obsessed. She doesnít like rides at all and I was trying to explain to her that the rides at Disney arenít like the rides at Six Flags or at the Fair. They are THEMED and itís more like a show. I know that Iíll never get her on any of the roller coasters. She definitely wonít do Haunted Mansion even though I LOVE it. She wasnít even sure about soaring when I was explaining it to her. I know sheíll love Peter Pan, POTC, Jungle Cruise, all the shows, etc.

The best I could explain to her was that is was like being IN a movie or a cartoon and itís just FUN.

I think weíll just have to get there and see what she thinks.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #2412
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

My DH is calling me obsessed. I didn't get this crazy planning last year. But having been there, I know to what extent I need to plan and what can be go with the flow.

I need to make two more ADRs and I don't know what to do. We want it to be at Epcot, since we want to spend two days there and we only have one planned so far. (We don't have hoppers.) We already have Akershus dinner reservations. It doesn't need to be character, but it has to be good for kids.

My older DD is making demands on me now, telling me this morning that we HAVE to meet Merida because she's a princess and we haven't met her yet. (We've met all the rest except for Pocahontas.)
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #2413
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBarb View Post

I need to make two more ADRs and I don't know what to do. We want it to be at Epcot, since we want to spend two days there and we only have one planned so far. (We don't have hoppers.) We already have Akershus dinner reservations. It doesn't need to be character, but it has to be good for kids.
)
Biergarten! That's what we're doing, Akershus & Biergarten. It sounds fun for the kids.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #2414
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Just thought you all would like to know that Wheel of Fortune is giving away 2 Disney trips a day this week. Watch the show, get the bonus round phrase, then enter at the Wheel of Fortune website.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #2415
wdw71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain

Is anyone else excited about the Flower & Garden festival?
I thought it was just the gorgeous topiaries. I didn't realize they have themed play areas for kids. I guess they're adding food kiosks this year, as well.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guide...wer-garden.htm
Whoa, and presentations by HGTV stars? I love HGTV!
Very excited! Been twice during this time and EPCOT is so beautiful. The food booths are going to be fun.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: