Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #2386
DisneyBum303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I am out of control with the custom outfits for DD. At first I figured 1 or 2. Now I'm going for 1 for each day. And I can't be simple and just pick a design that someone's already done, I have to like 1 aspect of 1 design and another aspect of another design, and then mix them all together and come up with my own thing. God only knows what they'll look like in the end, lol.
I hope you post photos! I LOVE seeing little princesses. My 2 yr old granddaughter's first trip was last year and her Mom did exactly the same thing!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #2387
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhum View Post
Anyone else notice that Mad Tea Party will be closed for rehab starting on 4/10? Kind of a bummer, but at least it isn't one of the main attractions. My fingers are crossed that there won't be many more closed in April! http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
I hadn't picked that up. I'll go put the info in the first post right now. (Sometimes I wonder if anyone even reads the first post!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #2388
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I hadn't picked that up. I'll go put the info in the first post right now. (Sometimes I wonder if anyone even reads the first post!)
I check it every now and again.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #2389
thunderjones
Earning My Ears

Heads up

The Magic Kingdom's Mad Tea Party is once again back on the refurbishment schedule. It is set to close on April 10 2013 with a reopening on May 22 2013.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #2390
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

65 days until Bay Lake Tower and I get to see my sister!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #2391
DelaneyJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderjones View Post
Heads up

The Magic Kingdom's Mad Tea Party is once again back on the refurbishment schedule. It is set to close on April 10 2013 with a reopening on May 22 2013.
Oh geez. MY family loves the Tea Party. We will have to ride as much as we can the first few days we are there!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #2392
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

Resort Changing...again...again...again

cherylsmike -- April 14 - 20 @ CSR

Yes, I am even annoying myself with all these changes. I am on my way to join the Resort Changers thread. I really thought I wouldn't be changing so much this trip. Each change has made perfect sense at the time I made it.

DH wants CSR. We tried to stay at POP Century to keep cost down, but the idea of the full size beds on our couple's trip was depressing. DH is a furnace and we would both be miserable. We stayed there for one night on our last Couple's Trip before moving to CSR. Neither of us slept well at all. I am a very light sleeper and my tossing and turning on the smaller beds kept my DH from sleeping well. The beds seemed firmer than when we were there for 9 nights in Feb. 2008. So, we cut off the last day of the trip (nothing planned anyway) to save a few $$$ and upgraded. I would rather be at POR, but DH loves CSR. As I did when we stayed in Feb. 2011, but we were upgraded to Cabanas 9B which was perfect. It was the back of the building but faced a pond and you could see the entrance but not the parking lot that was only a few steps away. It was also super close to the Bus Stop 1 and the El Centro and very quiet. It was a Deluxe room then that wasn't even a booking category it was only available to business guests. Now 9B is the Business Club building and comes with a hefty price increase so that probably won't happen again. I have a feeling he wants access to the gym, but I doubt he ever steps foot in it .

In other news...I was able to change to a non-stop flight on our way home and even got a credit. I love Southest. Free changes and free bags. WooHoo! Two round trip non-stop flights for a total of $414. The DFW flights are still over $250 for a one-way. I love Disney World, but when it's time to go home you just want to BE home.

While we had POP booked I had changed to a package with QSDP. We wanted the food prepaid. We only have a debit card and with the cruise first, a rental car to the port, and a rental car from port for the week we are at Disney, I was getting concerned about too many authorizations hanging up our account and freezing up our "fun" money. But after some research we decided the QSDP wasn't a good value for us since we have a couple ADR's and we will pay out of pocket. I may do a pre-paid VISA or something for our food/fun money. We may eat some off property meals to keep cost down. I can tell you I don't like doing that. The lights seem sooo long and I audibly sigh with relief when we drive back through the gates. It isn't as magical to see power lines and strip malls. But it sure saves some serious money.

And when I changed the reservation to 6 nights instead of 7 this morning I also PAID IN FULL!!!. And I booked the Epcot Segway tour for April 15th. The segway tour was on my DH's wish list so I am excited we get to do this. I only had two days off this month, but it was completely worth it and I have a fantastic boss who always manages to get me OT when I need it for a trip. I love her!!

I booked our pre-arrival flight hotel with ThankYou points. I love free hotel rooms!

Tomorrow we are at 69 days before we leave town to start our two-part vacation. I think April is going to be a beautiful time of year to visit and I am looking forward to that "Disney" feeling. I crave the crack corn, I cry at the parades and fireworks, I enjoy watching all the younger kids having magical moments, and I love spending time with "Disney Mike". My DH is especially charming and fun-loving while at Disney World. I had the flu on our last couple's trip and he did a wonderful job keeping things positive and upbeat.

Thanks for being a member of the April 2013 thread and giving me somebody to share all these little details with. My DH is amazing and always give opinions when asked (even if it ends up biting me in the rear for asking). But I think fellow April 2013 thread members have a special understanding of the excitement that planning all these little details brings.

Well just great...now I have to change my signature and my countdown again!
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #2393
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Time to start talking Lime Green Mickey Heads -- LGMH, the unofficial secret DISser identifier.

So, how many of you are doing this: ?

If you don't know what a LGMH is, check the DIS. The most recent thread I found is this one: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2984199 .

I always put one in our car window, one in our room window, and attach one to whatever bag I am carrying / wearing that day.

If I see you with one, I WILL say Hi. If you see me, you better say Hi!
Neat! I'll have to make a few. We're AoA Nemo, so no room window by the front, but I can think of other places.

We have this gaudy LL Bean backpack I picked up for the trip on clearance. Blue and lime green! The LGMH will totally get lost on it.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 01-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #2394
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

I feel a little silly, but if anyone understand, you folks will.

Anyone else get teared up with Disney planning stuff sometimes? It's meant a lot to us over the years (see PTR) and it's been a long time since our last trip. In fact, I'd almost given up hope we'd ever get back.

I was curled up on the couch this morning with my younger son (who has never been to WDW). We were the only two in the house awake and he asked to watch the Disney planning DVD. A few minutes in, he squirmed around and looked up at me and asked suspiciously, "Are you crying again, Mommy?"

Well, yes, a little. The video clips of kids running around the parks at the beginning get me. I can't wait until it's my two.

Then I was doing some work on the computer in our home office and put the "Illuminations" soundtrack on as background music. Big mistake.

The "We Go On" music makes me think of a lot of things ... visiting the park with my parents during the surprise trip my dad planned for my mom after her mom (my grandma) died when I was 16 ... watching it with my husband on our honeymoon ... watching it with our parents the last night of the trip when my MIL had a heart attack (this was literally the only thing we were all able to do together that whole trip) ... watching it with our 15-month-old son after the baby survived open-heart surgery at 5 months old ...

Sniff. I'm going to be a mess in April. But a happy mess.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 01-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #2395
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post

Anyone else get teared up with Disney planning stuff sometimes? It's meant a lot to us over the years (see PTR) and it's been a long time since our last trip. In fact, I'd almost given up hope we'd ever get back.

I was curled up on the couch this morning with my younger son (who has never been to WDW). We were the only two in the house awake and he asked to watch the Disney planning DVD. A few minutes in, he squirmed around and looked up at me and asked suspiciously, "Are you crying again, Mommy?"

Well, yes, a little. The video clips of kids running around the parks at the beginning get me. I can't wait until it's my two.

Then I was doing some work on the computer in our home office and put the "Illuminations" soundtrack on as background music. Big mistake.

The "We Go On" music makes me think of a lot of things ... visiting the park with my parents during the surprise trip my dad planned for my mom after her mom (my grandma) died when I was 16 ... watching it with my husband on our honeymoon ... watching it with our parents the last night of the trip when my MIL had a heart attack (this was literally the only thing we were all able to do together that whole trip) ... watching it with our 15-month-old son after the baby survived open-heart surgery at 5 months old ...

My kids and DH repeatedly make fun of me because everything Disney makes me cry...sad, but true.

My smart Alec DH imported all of our plans for April into our awesome spreadsheet, and felt the need to put next to each fireworks show "Watch Mommy Cry"

I cry on Magical Express. It is really a problem.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #2396
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

My kids and DH repeatedly make fun of me because everything Disney makes me cry...sad, but true.

My smart Alec DH imported all of our plans for April into our awesome spreadsheet, and felt the need to put next to each fireworks show "Watch Mommy Cry"

I cry on Magical Express. It is really a problem.
I cry on Magical Express too! I cry when I see other people on TV or FB going to WDW. I cry anytime I hear "Good Life" on the radio. I'm such a sap!!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #2397
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen12573 View Post
I cry on Magical Express too! I cry when I see other people on TV or FB going to WDW. I cry anytime I hear "Good Life" on the radio. I'm such a sap!!
This is exactly me! I used to cry when I saw the commercials thinking we would never be able to go back, now I cry because I can't believe we are going! I think we are all a bunch of saps!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #2398
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

You are so not alone! I cry watching Disney commercials, the planning DVD, youtube videos, etc..... I'm such a sap!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #2399
TxYates
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post

Yes, we watch the planning DVD and I tear up because I know how excited my DD wil be and the fact I can share that with her. I'll be crying the whole trip.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #2400
TxYates
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderjones View Post
Heads up

NO TEA CUPS????? WTH???? That is Disney!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: